Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo multiplayer weapons

Default Halo multiplayer weapons

What weapon do you guys use most in multiplayer? I find that the pistol is the best for me, i can get a 2 second kill in 3 nicely put headshots or close to that. The other weapon of course is the sniper rifle, but everyone uses that like hell. Reply with what you use most.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Welcome to XBA Veno! The weapon i use the most is the Sniper rifle and the rocket launcher. They kill instantly!

Welcome and my fav. weapons are Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, and Shotgun. And who can forget the grenades!!!
    No way in hell will you get my Xbox.

No way in hell will the Xbox fail!!

I like to use the pistol and either the rocket launcher or the sniper rifle, but the main weapon I use is gernades. Nothin like sneaking up behind some one and stickin a plasma on their back. MUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Proud owner of NES, SNES, Genisis, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Kiddycube, PS2 & Xbox

Hidden Content

XBL TAGS: Hydro Blast, Black Inferno, Ekstatik

Grenades? geeze, what are you guys talking about, sure you can use them against vehicles , but use them constantly against others on the ground? That's insane and idiotic, too slow to prepare each grenade, I still say that no gun compares to the pistol in multiplayer, i've found the perfect way to use it. In my 16 player friday system link parties I always have atleast twice as many kills as the next guy.

Originally posted by Veno
    Grenades? geeze, what are you guys talking about, sure you can use them against vehicles , but use them constantly against others on the ground? That's insane and idiotic, too slow to prepare each grenade, I still say that no gun compares to the pistol in multiplayer, i've found the perfect way to use it. In my 16 player friday system link parties I always have atleast twice as many kills as the next guy.
    Bwhahaha so young and ignorant. If you know how to use grenades wisley you only need one pistol shot to take someone down

And your racking up mad kills becasue you got all these noobs running around with there assault rifles and getting capped buy your pistol before they can even get withen effective range (isnt that cute?). Yes we all know this, Or we all should know this.

But please, For the sake of you not looking like a dumb ass. Dont say grenades are "insane and idiotic, too slow to prepare each grenade"

Because a good halo marine always uses his grenades.

By the way, Welcome to the boards........rookie.
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 04-19-2002 at 10:55 AM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Veno
    Grenades? geeze, what are you guys talking about, sure you can use them against vehicles , but use them constantly against others on the ground? That's insane and idiotic, too slow to prepare each grenade,
    grenades he the best weapons. . . .
    a well placed grenade can (kill, mame, destroy, blow to bits) multiple players
    a well aimed gun needs multipe shots to achive 1 kill

although the pistol is the best gun

JJzX u silly s.o.b. thats the funniest dam sig EVER period
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

plasma rifle... pistol then grenades. but is anyone else disturbed by how long that squirrels tail is... its so fricken long

Originally posted by Plewis
    plasma rifle... pistol then grenades. but is anyone else disturbed by how long that squirrels tail is... its so fricken long
    im just disturbed by the image
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

umm...probably pistol and plasma grenade...i don't really know...a good soldier will make use of whateva he has available and still come out triumphit!!!

beeswax not yours inc. silvertrace's Avatar

easily the pistol.............any true halo master will tell u that its the most powerful weapon in the game(besides the rl)...............

and if u disagree u don't know what ur talking about........

welcome to the best xbox site on the web veno........
    gone but not forgotten.....

Originally posted by prominant
    Shotgun - just as powerful as the pistol....two close range shots can kill any player

Anyway you look at it.....a EXCELLENT halo player can use ANY weapon to their advantage to kill another player....dont underestimate the plasma rifle or pistol.....or the assault rifle or any other gun.
    1 close range shot can kill any player. Aim for the face.

And yes, an EXCELLENT player is effective with any gun. Even the needler

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX

. Even the needler
    Dude the needler when used right is a very leathal weapon since it has a delay on the damage it inflicts you can shoot and hide and while ur reloading the dude u shot starts loosing life. . .very effective for gorilla warfare
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

My favorite gun by far is the pistol!!! Then I normally go for a rocket launcher...and if that is not available I'll take a shotgun.
    I use the frags more than plasma grenades. If I dont have a frag in my hand, I become much less effective. Anybody who has played Halo for more than 5 min. knows that grenades are extrememely effective, and like JJaX said...it is hard to rack up serious killz w/out em!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Well, to me, each level has their advantages with certain weapons.

The Pistol, by far, is the most versatile weapon of them all. Great for relatively long range, mid-range, and even close range if you're good. Three head shots = death.

The Shotgun - great for short range and even mid range with the assistance of a yummy grenade

Rapid Plasma gun is great for medium to close shots follow up with a melee attack ---- BLAP!! ........

Sniper Rifle - great for long distances. I've nearly perfected head shots on the run with my viewing speed at 6...so watch out!

Rifle (Machine Gun) - great for close to medium range.

Rocket Launcher - Amazing for mid and relatively far range. Also for close range with the assistance of a jump (though, jumping while shooting in Medium Range is nice, too - no need for any grenade assistance....okay...maybe a couple wouldn't hurt just for fun fun fun )

The Plasma gun (the one that charges up) simply sucks, however, it's good if you have another weapons. Simply fire with a full charge to blast off the shield followed up with a single pistol or shotgun shot. Though, grenades are preferred - the opponent sees more air this way )

I, rarely, use the Needler, which can be very effective, unless I'm several kills ahead of my opponent or opponents.

All in all, grenades are extremely important. Often times, newbies forget about them later to find themselves being blown away by a few.
    Last edited by Maximus; 04-19-2002 at 02:05 PM.

Sniper Rifle - great for long distances. I've nearly perfected head shots on the run with my viewing speed at 6...so watch out!

What do you mean "viewing speed at 6..."?? Is that your controller sensitivity? That is pretty sensetive, is it not?? I have left my controller sensetivity at default...although I am considering turning it up a notch or two.

Default maybe..

Maybe I just played with newbies, my friends all own xboxes, and none of them truely are skillful, basically they just use shotgun, rifle, and grenades at random. I've also found that aiming at head level and strafing back and forth to get the shots off is a LOT more effective then trying to aim perfectly while you're both moving, too awkward.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by xtopia

What do you mean "viewing speed at 6..."?? Is that your controller sensitivity? That is pretty sensetive, is it not?? I have left my controller sensetivity at default...although I am considering turning it up a notch or two.
    I strongly recommend turning it up a notch or two and getting used to it. The advantage is primarily for close in battles. Often times, people run around in circles while close in trying to kill eachother. With my view on "6", I rarely to never lose a close in battle even if the opponent has a shotgun and all I have is a needler or something

Cool, I'll try it. I believe I have mine set at four. I'll check when I get home.

my favorites depend on what style but i usually carry

sniper or pistol- i like having a pick off gun

plasma or assault rifle or needler- i like having one auto weapon

or i will just blow people away with grenades and rockets

Thread Information