Thread: WEBBY's

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

Lightbulb WEBBY's

hey does anyone know if XBA is a canidate....can we vote for them?!? if not...how do we nominate them??? i'm assuming stephen would appreciate this....maybe another mod could correct me if i'm wrong. c'mon XBA has (and still is) doing alot for its members....lets give em back something in return.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking Re: WEBBY's

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    hey does anyone know if XBA is a canidate....can we vote for them?!? if not...how do we nominate them??? i'm assuming stephen would appreciate this....maybe another mod could correct me if i'm wrong. c'mon XBA has (and still is) doing alot for its members....lets give em back something in return.

I so much agree with you DZNUTZ what every you or anybody comes up with I will be behind you guys 100%. I love this site.

Default SHOW YOUR SUPPORT

aight heres the deal.....i'm still waiting for my password via email....(after registering of course).

i'll post back and let ya'll know if their already listed, if i listed em..or if their ineligable (i wouldn't see y they would be..but i don't know about this stuff).

so cmon guys..show your support go register at this site
    http://www.webbyawards.com/
    (password notification is said to take up to 30 mins)
    and lets get xba some well deserved reconigition!!!!!
    Last edited by DZNUTZ; 05-01-2002 at 12:40 PM.

k i recieved my password (lol..it was the name of a pop. video game to)

anyways guys...whats wrong with ya....curretnly ign..is whooping butt....(your not gonna let those guys win are ya?) and even if xba don't win...it will give them reciganition if we all vote (strentgh in #'s Ya'll)

anyways after u register...and recieve password....go to games section

and list name of site as
    XboxAddict.com
    and url as
    http://www.xboxaddict.com/nd

i already did...so i've done my part....NOW DO YOURS!!!!

all these views of this thread and NO replies?!?!?!

ya'll should be ashamed...really

Sorry DZ, I was too busy signing up for the site and voting for XBA to respond. Not that this thread needs responses, so long as people go vote.

I don't see XBA listed anywhere...

its not....refer to my 3rd post in this thread and it tells u how to vote for em

sorry..u oviously have to pick the "other" option...then type in the info i posted.

Why the hell do people think IGN is so cool? I thought that you couldn't enter pay-sites in the webbys anyways...

don't know..their probably just still riding the wave from their last year victory....i used to go their ...and still do occasionally...but i don't think their content is worth paying for...plus with enuff research...u can find out just about anything their making u pay for.

anyways..i just shocked that more members aren't replying....they repy to things like the shoutout to xba thread but not to this one? don't make sense to me.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking

Hey DZNUTZ I am just waiting for my password and I will be ready.

I got my password and I did what you said now I just hope people will do the same. Xboxaddict.com can win this I know.
    Last edited by Nato King; 05-01-2002 at 02:14 PM.

Just waiting for my password. XBA gets my vote.

I can speak from experience on this one folks, and unfortunately, XBA will never win a Webby award, but that doesnt mean we dont have a great site.

Why won't XBA win?

Well, XBA does not fit into any of the categories they provide awards for. The most appropriate category would be "games", but if you have a look at the nominees for this years award, you'll see what kinda stuff they are nominating.

XBA is not eligible for the other categories, since it is basically a non-profit, personal fan site.

I have submitted several sites in the past to the "personal site" category, so I know all aout this Webby deal.

They are looking for sites which break new ground technically, perform flawlessly across platforms/browsers, are graphically and aesthetically pleasing, and basically make you go "wow! this is a great site!" each time you visit. They want highly interactive content. Flash sites usually fare well at the Webby's.

XBA is a fantastic site, dont get me wrong. I work here and I love it, but a site such as this wont win a Webby. neither will TXB, Funxbox, xboxattic or others.

Further, in order to "guarantee" that a site is viewed by the nominating judges, entrants must pay a fee to enter their site for review. After your site is looked at, it will either be cast aside, or move to the next step in the process. It is only after the judges have selected the actual nominees that you, the average surfer, may cast a vote for a "peoples voice" award. The nominees for this years awards have already been selected.

Hate to be a party pooper, but just trust me on this one.
    Last edited by VAN; 05-01-2002 at 03:05 PM.

ya sound like ya know what your talking about VAN..and i'm not disagreeing...all i know is...ign don't deserve it...they don't meet the qualifications u stated (at least in my book) and second...y would the webby site ask for "other" and for "us" (the users) to input or favorite site...if it had no baering what-so-eva? just wondering?

Thread Information