Thread: Shenmue II...Are You eXcited?

Default Shenmue II...Are You eXcited?

I played Shenmue for the Dreamcast last year and absolutely fell in love with the game. I had an opportunity to play the imported Shenmue II from my roommate, but decided to wait to play the true American version when it comes out on the XboX later this year. So brings my question: Is there anyone out there more eXcited than I am that Shenmue II is coming to the XboX this year?! I want to pre-order it NOW!!

When I saw the topic I looked over and could not beleave ninja didnt author it. hehe He loves these games .,,,,,,,I dont
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

If this was a launch title I probably would have bought it. Now, with ES3 and Project Ego coming out...I don't know.

I loved the 1st one on DC, it took over my life for a good 3 days. I gotta get this game!

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    If this was a launch title I probably would have bought it. Now, with ES3 and Project Ego coming out...I don't know.

Are you kidding me? If anyone has played Shenmue for the Dreamcast, you know that this title is one of the best titles to come out for the system. I could not believe how well this game utilized the Dreamcast hardware. Knowing that Shenmue II has successfully been converted from the Dreamcast over to the XboX is thrilling. What is more thrilling is that this title is not supposed to come out till Q3 or Q4 of this year because they are making enhancements to utilize the XboX hardware. They have my money, for sure!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

About Shenmue...

I have never played it, however, I know a dude that LOVED the game on the DC. He was telling me about it...he imports games, too, by the way...and he said that you can get a job moving freight and stuff. Now, I'm not a big RPG fan, but, for some reason, getting a job and moving freight doesn't sound all that fun to me.

I realize that there is a hell of a lot more things you can do, but, I've never been into Japanese games, personally. I have nothing against the Japanese, however, I don't understand the language and I hate reading the entire time while listening to the Japanese language. DOA3 bugs me this way, too.

I don't know if it's just me because I'm not a hardcore RPG gamer or what, but, Shenmue just doesn't give me the goosebumps from the "exciting" information that I've heard about it.

Default Re: Shenmue II...Are You eXcited?

Originally posted by smashnp934
    I played Shenmue for the Dreamcast last year and absolutely fell in love with the game. I had an opportunity to play the imported Shenmue II from my roommate, but decided to wait to play the true American version when it comes out on the XboX later this year. So brings my question: Is there anyone out there more eXcited than I am that Shenmue II is coming to the XboX this year?! I want to pre-order it NOW!!
    I guess you can say that I am looking foward to the game alot as I enjoyed the Dreamcast version (Which I still have to beat). I have alot of other Xbox games that I am looking forward to more but anything from Sega are worthy purchases indeed.

I played the game on Dreamcast because I just couldn't wait to find out what happens to Ryo, and I was kinda bitter that Microsoft stole it from U.S. Dreamcast owners. It's ok though if Microsoft follows through and secures the rights to the rest of the series. I would be pretty upset if the series moved again to another console (that I don't own). And Yu Suzuki sure loves that Gamecube. But I guess I'll follow Shenmue wherever it goes. I just hope it stays on Xbox, my console of choice. Shenmue 2 is a great game. You won't be disappointed.

--Gillaga

Shenmue is one of those special kinda games. It truly is a role playing game... but not in the generally accepted sense of the genre. I mean, it really makes you feel like you're living a different life when you're playing it. I don't know many games that pull it off as well as Shenmue.
    UltraMuffin - Nature's Cruelest Mistake
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by UltraMuffin
    Shenmue is one of those special kinda games. It truly is a role playing game... but not in the generally accepted sense of the genre. I mean, it really makes you feel like you're living a different life when you're playing it. I don't know many games that pull it off as well as Shenmue.
    A game by the name of Project Ego/Fable will do just that

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

ok max....the game.....the game just kicks ass bro.

that is the 3rd disk......

you have to get a job so that you can snoop around finding out about this joker that killed your father. the day goes fast so working on the docks isnt that bad and you earn money doing this which you can blow on video games or whatever you want. there is a lot of action and from what im hearing there is more in Shenmue 2....MAXIMUS GET THIS GAME DUDE!!!

GET IT!!!

im a be getting it

this game is awesome max......please please get it....and go out and pay the 50 bucks for the DC and 10bucks for shenmue 1.....it is well worth.

the game is smooth.....and the voice acting IMHO is funny as hell. it is kind of stupid but seeing japanese people try and act american......is funny, the hotdog dude cracks me up. and there is some chicks if you spend the time to talk to everyone you will find that some of these peeps in the game are a riot....snotty little girls will tell ya off calling ya names and stuff, i bout fell out of my chair when i heard them yelling at me. it is a very good game.

get the DC version of 1st one and you will be ready for more later on this year.

max...quickly get a dc and get shenmue..its a must for all gamers..if you plan on playing part 2 on xbox please dont without playing part 1 or else you wont know anything about the story...i played part 2 on my dc and loved it...im still getting it for xbox though....shenmue is one of the best games ever imo

I am
    Look for me online in: MECHASSAULT, UNREAL CHAMPIONSHIP, NFL 2K3, NBA 2K3, Moto GP and Whacked!

I played it as well, for the Dreamcast. I conquered it in two days, which IMO is weak, but it was still a great game. I will look forward to renting this game, and probably not buying it, due to the short version of Shemnue on the DC. I donno, we'll have to see. =)
    Hidden Content

Currently Playing: MechAssault on XBL.

I dont know. The game just doesnt seem all that exciting. Maybe i'll give it a shot
    Currently playing: Soul Calibur 2, Dino Crisis 3, Splinter Cell

I loved the first game for my Dreamcast and I will get #2 for the Xbox, no doubt about it.

Originally posted by Dilr0y
    I played it as well, for the Dreamcast. I conquered it in two days, which IMO is weak, but it was still a great game. I will look forward to renting this game, and probably not buying it, due to the short version of Shemnue on the DC. I donno, we'll have to see. =)
    How in the bloody hell did you complete this game in 2 days? It easily was 40+ hour game. Unless you just didn't sleep...

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Well, I'll atleast rent it or check it out by some other means. But, still, from what I'm hearing, it just doesn't quite get me pumped up. But, I'll trust you guys and see what I am missing

Default you all yaaaaaaawn me 2 def....

Originally posted by Brevity
    When I saw the topic I looked over and could not beleave ninja didnt author it. hehe He loves these games .,,,,,,,I dont

STOP THE PRESS,... STOP DA F'N PRESS D@MMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like my nephew Brevity said, what's a Shenmue II thread without the Shenmue know it all guru-Ninja Scroll!

First off im blowing all the previous post to hell!

From all I have read (which is mostly ignorant comments ) no one seems to know what the hell they are talking about.
    All this "Project Let Go My EGO" this, and "Morrowind" that! Give me a break.
    Unless you imported the Japanese or European (which I did, and proud of it) version of the Sega Dreamcast then you know nothing.

Shenmue II is nothing short of a classic masterpiece on the DC and the Xbox version can only be better as far as visuals, sound, graphics, ect. goes.

If you never played it, dont run your mouth about it. Nuff said.
    Any questions. Just bring em on!

i will definetely buy it the day it come out and yes i am totally thrilled!

Thread Information