Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm not really into RPG's but Morrowind sounds awsome.......

Default I'm not really into RPG's but Morrowind sounds awsome.......

the only rpg I really got into was Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast. Are there any non rpgers that just love this game, or is it more or less for the hardcore?

Default Re: I'm not really into RPG's but Morrowind sounds awsome.......

Originally posted by HaVoK
    the only rpg I really got into was Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast. Are there any non rpgers that just love this game, or is it more or less for the hardcore?
    Well as far as i know of console gamers never really had a true RPG.

Sure there were you SQUARE games and there considered RPGS. But morrowind is a TRUE Rpg.

NAW I MEAN?

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

I'm not really into RPGs, but Morrowind is going to be on my shelf for sure!

I'm not into Japanese RPG's, so Morrowind, Project Ego, StarWars KOTOR, and Baldur's Gate will be on my Xbox shelf for sure!
    -Radar

I mean I'm pretty sure I'll buy it and I know consolse have never had a true rpg as deep or as sophistcated as Morrowind, but is the fun factor there?

From what I've heard and seen (there's a bunch of videos on gamespot) it looks like a blast to play. The stories from the folks playing the pc version have been great and they seem to be enjoying themselves.
    -Radar

it depends....if you like the ability to do anything you want and go anywhere you want you will have fun. however, if need to follow one path all the way through a game and having to get certain items to pass another area then you may get frustrated.

I look at it this way, this game is just breaking the chains that the 'regular' console rpg's have and then saying go do whatever you feel like. ahhhh freedom.

ehhh... this is kind of a pointless thread... I mean I've herd nothing but good reviews. I guess I was just hoping to here SOMTHING negative. It's weird I never really wanted it, but now i cant wait for it. It's all your guys fault ya know!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

You know, Havok, I'm kind of in the same boat, man. I mean, I'm a HUGE fan of the action genre...I love FPSs like Halo, action games like Amped, racing games like Rallisport Challenge, and just about every sports game.

But, I can't honestly say that I have ever truly played a full-fledged RPG. I mean, exploration can be cool and all, but, I'm one that needs action.

Some of the positive things that gets me intrigued with Morrowind is that you can play in First person mode and third-person mode. You have the option at your fingertips...that's nice. Also, I understand that the control scheme is going to be the same of Halo...now, that gets me more excited as well as I absolutely love the control scheme of Halo.

I also am a fan of graphics...they have to be there, especially for XBox exclusives, in my opinion. Morrowind clearly appears to have that, too.

But, this is what I'm going to do...I'm going to wait and see the reactions of many of the trustworthy "Addicts" and base what I am hearing before I buy this game. If there is not a ton of action, the game has to be interesting in some other way to me before I will drop the ca$h on it. Is this for hardcore RPG fans? Well, from what I have been reading, I hear that it's a great game to initiate people like us, who are not hardcore RPG fans, to get us into the genre. I heard this from the folks who made Morrowind...so, my guess is that a person doesn't necessarily need to be a hardcore RPG gamer to like Morrowind. I'm very much looking forward to seeing our XBA comrades' reactions

i understand, you're just getting your post count up.

I'm just gonna wait till after e3 before I buy any new games.

Originally posted by YEP
    i understand, you're just getting your post count up.
    naw I'm just bored.... when I get bored I ramble

what other ones are you thinking about getting?

I'm thinking WSB will be a must-have, at least for sports fans.

I'm just thinking there will be some surpise showings....

only thing about E3 is this, yea, they'll show some games that no one knows about and they'll look out of this world, but then again, those games may not come out for who knows how long.

and if anyone has been to a gaming forum, they how much people hate waiting for games to come out.

Originally posted by YEP
    only thing about E3 is this, yea, they'll show some games that no one knows about and they'll look out of this world, but then again, those games may not come out for who knows how long.

and if anyone has been to a gaming forum, they how much people hate waiting for games to come out.
    YEP, I understand your point, but, that has always been the case since the days of Pong

it aint no thang but a chicken wang! if nothing cool is shown, or if it is and dosn't come out for a long time I'll go buy Morrowind. I'm just hoping for an early release of brute force

Originally posted by HaVoK
    it aint no thang but a chicken wang! if nothing cool is shown, or if it is and dosn't come out for a long time I'll go buy Morrowind. I'm just hoping for an early release of brute force
    Hey, Havok...did you see that long post I wrote to you above? I'm asking since it doesn't appear that you replied to it. I spent awhile writing that mama jama!!!

thanks for the long reply... yes I did see it and I think I have to agree. It's just 50 bucks I guess that isn't bad considering you can do whatever you want. I'll pick it up sooner or later, I'm just gonna do like you and wait for more of the reations of the "addicts"

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

hey max..i'm not a die hard rpg fan...shoot i didn't even by the latest final fantasy for my pos2....but i've already pre-ordered morrowind..if you want to know a non diehard-rpg gamers perspective i'd be more then happy to give u a review....just send 6.00 $ to DZNUTZ reviews.com...and you'll get a reply within 10-20 business days. btw...your welcome in advance

and tell me u signed up for oxm the day i provided the link
    i said tell me damn it!!

Thread Information