Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: morrowind delayed to june 11?!

Default morrowind delayed to june 11?!

got this from txb forums
    some kid got the game preordered from wal-mart and he got a notice that the game was pushed back to june 11, anyone know anything about this? To be honest I wouldn't be suprised. The game from what a heard is kinda buggy! Image that, from the same people that made daggerfall the most buggy rpg to date!

Customer Service at Walmart.com
    http://www.walmart.com

============================================================
    You ordered this on : 19 FEB 2002 11:35 AM
    Your order number is: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

DESCRIPTION
    ------------------------------------------------------
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Xbox
    Original release date : 16 MAY 2002
    New release date : 11 JUN 2002
    Selected Shipping Method : Standard

We apologize for any inconveniences this delay may cause.

Here's how you can cancel your order:
    1. Go to www.walmart.com and click "Your Account."
    2. Sign in using your email address and your Walmart.com
    password.
    3. Click "Purchase History." Find the number of the
    order you want to cancel and click "View Order
    Details" for that order.
    4. When your order details are displayed, click "Cancel."

These items can be cancelled online if you're a Registered
    Walmart.com customer. If you didn't register, the remaining
    Items can be cancelled by contact Customer Service.
    ======================================================================

no thats ****in bull****. . .i already waited long enough maybe its just walmart. . .
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Oh man...if Morrowind gets delayed again until June 11th, this forum will be irate! lol

Sorry for laughing, but, you heard it here first and it's definately going to be heated around here!!!

yes oppium if you really want it it must come out

Yes.. this really sucks. If its true, I think Xbox will lose ALOT more customers for this. I'll buy Hunter on the 21st or 22nd or whenever its coming and Morrowind I guess will wait. I've got a comp. more than capable of handling it and I don't find it fair that I have to wait while PC users are "beta-testing" for me.

If they are worried about the game being too buggy, I am very happy that they are holding it because I believe this title deserves to stay in-shop as long as it takes. But I want to play it damn it! And for a long time the developers had been stating a simultaneous Xbox and PC release. Now the initial delay of a few weeks was ok, since thats supposedly due to MS QA. But to have to wait till June 11th is more than 6 weeks difference between both releases. Not all that simultaneous if you ask me.

I wish Bethesda would make a statement regarding the Xbox version.. I'm sick of waiting and basing my opinions on release dates from EB.com and crap like that.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Dre
    Yes.. this really sucks. If its true, I think Xbox will lose ALOT more customers for this. I'll buy Hunter on the 21st or 22nd or whenever its coming and Morrowind I guess will wait. I've got a comp. more than capable of handling it and I don't find it fair that I have to wait while PC users are "beta-testing" for me.

If they are worried about the game being too buggy, I am very happy that they are holding it because I believe this title deserves to stay in-shop as long as it takes. But I want to play it damn it! And for a long time the developers had been stating a simultaneous Xbox and PC release. Now the initial delay of a few weeks was ok, since thats supposedly due to MS QA. But to have to wait till June 11th is more than 6 weeks difference between both releases. Not all that simultaneous if you ask me.

I wish Bethesda would make a statement regarding the Xbox version.. I'm sick of waiting and basing my opinions on release dates from EB.com and crap like that.
    lol, dude...just be patient. You, of all people, know that delays are just part of the industry Just keep cool, dude...like DZNUTZ always states: Better things happen for those who wait

dudes go out to the morrowind forum....if they did push it back I definatly know why. It is filled with bugs, NPC's getting stuck to were you can't finish missions, Npc's using the wrong name of people you are supposed to talk to and when you do find the right person nothing happens. This delay, if it is true, is probably a good thing. Don't feel to bad, I honestly could say I was expecting this from morrowind. I hope they take there time and realease a quality game w/o bugs to the xbox! Anyway to get you all off the possible bad news here is a link of awsome things that people encountered while playing this game.....It was pretty cool, check it out!

Cool things in Morrowind

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

yea..and i better be right max....cuz i'm not gonna settle for an ok t.v.

i've decided to wait till i can afford the biggest baddest t.v. around ( or realalisticly).

I think it might just be Wal-Mart. I don't know about other people, but I do know that the Wal-Mart's around me get things late, like 1-2 weeks after they are released. I'll wait till I get my email from EBgames until I start complaining
    Games Currently Playing:
    Halo, PGR, Spiderman

Games Anticipating:
    MORROWIND!!!!!, Ghost Recon, Star Wars, Knight of the Republic

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    yea..and i better be right max....cuz i'm not gonna settle for an ok t.v.

i've decided to wait till i can afford the biggest baddest t.v. around ( or realalisticly).
    Check out the Sony XBR's. They are "affordable".. but I guess thats all relative to where you are coming from and IMHO have amazing picture quality. Very nice tvs.. I am probably going to be picking myself up this model Sony XBR 40" KV-40XBR700 when I finally graduate.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

*JJaX Sprints into traffic...........

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

i was talkin posting in the elder scrolls fourms for some answers
    click the link

Morrowind thread

looks like worse then we thought

ebgames.com does say 5/20
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

Originally posted by Dukefan22
    I think it might just be Wal-Mart. I don't know about other people, but I do know that the Wal-Mart's around me get things late, like 1-2 weeks after they are released. I'll wait till I get my email from EBgames until I start complaining
    I hope you're right. I have the same problems with my Wal-Mart. I guess we will just have to see.

*SkoalMint afraid to check his e-mail hoping there is nothing from EB....
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
    i was talkin posting in the elder scrolls fourms for some answers
    click the link

Morrowind thread

looks like worse then we thought

ebgames.com does say 5/20
    Interesting thread that you posted from the Elderscrolls forum. I think they make a great point, EB games is extremely reliable and Walmart is pretty notorius for being late. So, I guess we'll see

it could just be that store cause this shopko by me hasnt even got their ps2 yet
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

I have no idea, but if this game has bugs and they push is out the door to make all you stop *****ing I am going to be ****ed. From what I heard it has a few glitches that should be fixed and if the game gets pushed back to fix them.....that is a good thing! Simmer down people its all going to be good! Remember what happened last time a game got pushed back a few times and finally seemed like it got release prematurely....we got WWF RAW!

xbaaddict

*swears for 10 minutes*(takes a deep breath) "ok" *swears for another 10 minutes*

this sux ass!!!!!

peace
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

The gamestop I went to today had the release of Morrowind as May 24.

Originally posted by Dre

hehe, i don't care either way. i think both morrowind and hunter are going to suck. (morrowind for pc is cool though). anyways, i'm getting WSB2K3 instead of those other 2 piece of trash games.
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein = THE BEST GAME EVER!

Hidden Content

Thread Information