Thread: Do you own a Madcatz Control and have problems with it ?

Question Do you own a Madcatz Control and have problems with it ?

Punks, I have to tell you that the Madcatz controls have a very bad quality. I bought "the professional" control with the macro function, and it seems to be a good quality control like Microsoft Black one.

But wait, after using 2 months with Halo it stopped rumbling, I think I had the "vibration" function off, but then i realize that the "vibration motors" doesn´t move, that´s how I realize my control got bad, 3 months later (present time) I bought PGR and then the control start vibrating again when the car crashes, then I tested this control with Halo again and it only vibrates when I hit the Floor or Fire with some weapons.

does anyone had this problem ?

NOTE: CAUSE I LIVE IN MEXICO, I CANT USE THE GUARANTEE SO I DECIDED TO OPEN THE CONTROL AND WHEN I WAS FIRIN WITH ASSAULST RIFLE AT HALO, I PUSHED THE MOTORS AND THEY STARTED TO MOVE BUT VERY SLOW, IT LOOKS LIKE THE ENERGY WAS LOW OS SOMETHING LIKE THAT, BUT THAT IS THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAD HAD WITH THIS. ALSO YOU HAVE TO PRESS THE BUTTONS STRONGER THAN WITH MICROSOFT OFFICIAL BLACK CONTROL.
    XBRION SEZ:"pain is weakness leaving your body, so stop bein fragged" Hidden Content 27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="66" CODEBASE="http://active.macromedia.com/flash5/cabs/
    swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0">

LOOP="true" QUALITY="high"
    PLUGINSPAGE="Hidden Content href="http://xbrion.tripod.com/">VISIT MY WESITE

I hate Mad Catz products. They are cheap and always seem to break. I also do not like the lay-out of the one for Xbox.
    Proud owner of NES, SNES, Genisis, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Kiddycube, PS2 & Xbox

Hidden Content

XBL TAGS: Hydro Blast, Black Inferno, Ekstatik

Yeah, I agree, Mad Catz arn't ussually that great.

I have 2 Madcatz controllers (they were only 15$) and both of their rumble packs are broken or something because it makes a very loud sound. I like the layout of the buttons, though I think it is better than the regular layout on Microsoft controllers.

Yea, Madcatz is a srry azz controller. Therez nuthin wrong with the rumble pack, but the right analog stick broke two dayz after i bought it so now i cant play halo. I gotta go 2 my friendz house instead. I also don't lyk the way it feelz in my hands.

GRAVEDIGGER

Default Hmm...

Well i dont own a Madcatz controller but i have heard that they give problems. The only third party controller that i havent had a problem with is the Vortex! I also have an Interact Controller and that ***** sukks! it disconnects eveyr six seconds and i keep having to press start. Thats why i only stick to my good ol Microsoft Controller or my Vortex.

Untill next time...

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Default Well

I have the Mad Catz Pad Pro. It feels great and was fantastic for a month, but now the right trigger sticks once in a while and can't be pushed. I happens usually about once a day and it takes about 5 minutes to fix. I bought it from superstore so I can't return it. ******!!! Oh well, it's usually not that bad of a problem. It's worth the much better feel than my official one.

xbAWOL

i dont buy 3rd party controllers, only first party.

I own the Madcatz Pro and love it. I use it as my primary controller and everything works fine. I have had it quite a long time--not exactly sure how long, but no problems yet.
    --Donaldson

The only Mad Catz controller that I've got is the MC 2 Racing Wheel, which I love. I don't use 3rd party control pads.

Originally posted by Laxeph
    I hate Mad Catz products. They are cheap and always seem to break. I also do not like the lay-out of the one for Xbox.
    Damn right. That's why I chose to make all 4 of my controllers the official Microsoft controller. I did not want the hassle that Mad Catz and other manufacturer's controller products would eventually give me. I knew the Microsoft controller would hold up well (and it should for $40 each).

I have the pro and the right trigger broke.

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Default Goddam

This is really ****ing me off. Now the right triggers sticks in EVERYTIME i press it in. so, now it either can't be pressed in or it won't pop back out. AHHHHH!!!!!

my right trigger swivel broke clean off the peg....thnk christ i got 2 official controlers with zero prob's.
    Start spreading the news they suck a s s ....

I like Mad Catz better than the Xbox controller's. At least Mad Catz are big controller's with the buttons spaced out, Xbox's for some insane reason, are really big, with the button way to close together. I love my Xbox system, but that controller layout seems about as stupid to me as putting square wheel's on a car.

Unless you are deformed and have normal sized to large palms, and somehow were born with freakishly skinny like an 8th of an inch wide finger's as well, it just is not really made for you. Everyone here fight's over who get's stuck with that hunk of crap Xbox controller it came with now that I have Mad Catz, and that S thingy. How can you not accidentally hit another button sometimes with the button's crammed together like that?

It's great Microsoft made E.T. friendly controller's, but I don't know E.T., he never phone's home to play NHL Hitz 2002 with us, so I guess we are just stuck with with a crappy E.T. controller that no one want's to use until he does stop by.

Default Re: Goddam

Originally posted by Jerred B
    This is really ****ing me off. Now the right triggers sticks in EVERYTIME i press it in. so, now it either can't be pressed in or it won't pop back out. AHHHHH!!!!!
    Mine did the same thing, luckily i got one for cheap without the cord and to the trigger out of that. It works good now.

Osama Says "Vote 4 Kerry" Hermes's Avatar

Originally posted by Dave
    How can you not accidentally hit another button sometimes with the button's crammed together like that?
    It's called hand/eye coordination. Not everyone is a drooling mongoloid.

had better luck with madcatz controllers then MS's.

I baught a mad catz controler back in the N64 days and it basically fell apart. I havn't takin a chance with one since. Don't get them, get the 'real' stuff.
    "That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

Thread Information