Thread: Purchasing new xbox, Help!

Default Purchasing new xbox, Help!

Hi,
    I have decided to purchase an xbox and I was wondering if it is true that I have to find one with a certain manufacturing date or manufacturing location on the box. Someone told me that ones built in certain countries are better then others. Also if it was built after a certain date it is better. Is this true? Thanks for the help. I can't wait to get my xbox.

i don't think that's true at all. just remember YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY A MEMORY CARD! that's all you need to remember.
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein = THE BEST GAME EVER!

Hidden Content

Some of the XBox's have 10 gig harddrive but other's have 8's. But with the way they are partitioned it doesn't matter.

Frostberg

All Xboxes are equally superiorly made and are all wonderful products

Just be sure to get one before they start cutting corners making the Xbox come fall!

Originally posted by Hickboy
    Just be sure to get one before they start cutting corners making the Xbox come fall!
    Why do people feel its necessary to start dumb rumors such as these?
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Cool

Just saying what I heard man chill out.

Just saying what I heard man chill out.

Sorry dude... I kind of attacked you personally which ain't my thing. I'm just tired.. I'm off to bed now. Sorry.

Where did you hear this though? Its not really possible to "cut corners" on a console.. they don't exactly add parts in that don't need to be there. And it would be really stupid on their part to use cheaper hard-drives or dvd-roms because there would be either one of two possible scenarios:
    1) exact same functionality as existing parts
    2) parts malfunction which in turn creates faulty xboxs which need to be returned and create a bad reputation for MS and the Xbox.

I highly doubt they would "cut corners".. anyhoo, once again dude sorry bout the personal attack.. I'm just really tired.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Dre

Sorry dude... I kind of attacked you personally which ain't my thing. I'm just tired.. I'm off to bed now. Sorry.

Where did you hear this though? Its not really possible to "cut corners" on a console.. they don't exactly add parts in that don't need to be there. And it would be really stupid on their part to use cheaper hard-drives or dvd-roms because there would be either one of two possible scenarios:
    1) exact same functionality as existing parts
    2) parts malfunction which in turn creates faulty xboxs which need to be returned and create a bad reputation for MS and the Xbox.

I highly doubt they would "cut corners".. anyhoo, once again dude sorry bout the personal attack.. I'm just really tired.
    NP, happens to the best of us , I just heard that they plan on doing that, it was somewhere in this Forum actually LOL. It was that so called "Xbox2" I know it isn't Xbox 2 but Xbox revised or something . Had me worried enough that I wanna get an Xbox before the fall. Could all be false info. In there case to cut corners would just be suttle things I would think like smaller capacity hard drives and such. Then again come fall the technology that is in the Xbox will be cheaper for them to buy as it is older stuff (we all know how computer parts decline in price, cutting edge today bleeding edge tommorow . So they will get the stuff for cheaper in the end anyhew i guess. People on here were saying stuff like this version will be "Xbox Classic". I can't remember the thread if i find it i will send it.

Thank you so much for the responses. I am going to get my xbox tomorrow. Thanks again.

Default advice.....

if your gonna by an XBOX, you MUST buy Halo with it...
    Halo and XBOX.... is like Pizza and Cheese... like nachos and cheese... like... well, i'm sure you get the picture...

hmmmm... i'm hungry!!

Default Re: advice.....

Originally posted by MOrgE
    if your gonna by an XBOX, you MUST buy Halo with it...
    Halo and XBOX.... is like Pizza and Cheese... like nachos and cheese... like... well, i'm sure you get the picture...

hmmmm... i'm hungry!!
    Speaking of hungry, I work right above a restaurant famous for their ribs and right now they are taking a batch of ribs out of their smoker and the smell is about to make me pass out with hunger.

they aren't really cutting corners but they are putting cheeper hardware into the xboxs that will be comming out!

Hey famousshots, if you are here in the US you might
    want to check out SAM's Club if there is one near you.
    The one her near me is selling a package deal that
    includes the Xbox game unit, a second Xbox controller,
    the DVD kit, and comes with Halo and a NFL game, I
    don't remember which one, all for $339.99.

Originally posted by Shaggy

they aren't really cutting corners but they are putting cheeper hardware into the xboxs that will be comming out!
    A HA! so i wasn't a rumour starter, thanks for the backup

Originally posted by techie
    Hey famousshots, if you are here in the US you might
    want to check out SAM's Club if there is one near you.
    The one her near me is selling a package deal that
    includes the Xbox game unit, a second Xbox controller,
    the DVD kit, and comes with Halo and a NFL game, I
    don't remember which one, all for $339.99.
    SAMS is the way to go brotha. Get the start up kit and u are good to go. Killer price

Originally posted by Shaggy

i bet it has a better design though, maybe even an expansion slot for more memory. i don't think it's an impossibility, remember sony removed a port on the psone, and changed the memory card/mother board on the ps2 after it launched. so who knows
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein = THE BEST GAME EVER!

Hidden Content

Thread Information