Thread: Hunter multiplayer question

Default Hunter multiplayer question

Right now I am playing the game single player, but i have a multiplayer question. I heard this game supported multiplayer.......but I don't see it in the game. I know that you can do co-op, but is there any deathmatch or where you and you friend and can bettle against eachother? If not, then this is not true multiplayer. Even though the game kicks ass, it's kinda upsetting because I was looking forward to fighting against my friends. It also takes a huge chunk of lasting appeal out of the game.

-Borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

RadRider

Co-op only chap. Right bit sorry 'bout that.
    By the way, as long as more than one player can play, it's "true" multiplayer. It's in the definition of the term multiplayer. I think what you meant is that it's simply not what you were looking for in a game that's "multiplayer". I stand by you too, deathmatch has the potential to be really cool with the Hunter engine, but I don't know how you could make it happen without having each other standing there, shooting each other right in the face.

damn that really sucks.........I thin kthe game is still worth 49.99 but i might have waited for best buy/ C.C. to do a 39.99 special in a week or 2. I really am enjoying this game though and I guess am satisfied with it the way it is.

O,Well
    -Borka105

Default Re: Hunter multiplayer question

Originally posted by borka105
    If not, then this is not true multiplayer.
    I don't agree with this statement. Multiplayer is an abberviation for multiple player. While playing cooperatively, there are definitely multiple players. I fail to see how not being able to enter a "deathmatch" mode means that this game is not true multiplayer.

BTW: There is an option in the game to enable friendly fire - you could sort of do a short game of "deathmatch". It definitely was not designed with that in mind, and I doubt it would be very exciting.

RIPDZ

y not? hee you have 4 characters. In Halo you have 1. They could have created mutliplayer arenas. There was a huge thing before this game came out that it would be system link......4 player muliplayer like in Halo. I am completly satisified with it right now, and infact rank it as my 2nd favorite xbox game so far..........
    It's just that, I feel like I was let down from all the promises and threads posted on this board about it having multiplyer(Not co-op but Halo style kind of multiplayer).

-Borka105

Originally posted by borka105
    damn that really sucks.........I thin kthe game is still worth 49.99 but i might have waited for best buy/ C.C. to do a 39.99 special in a week or 2. I really am enjoying this game though and I guess am satisfied with it the way it is.

O,Well
    -Borka105
    Best Buy is selling it for $44.99. I used a $5 coupon from EGM to bring it down to $39.99.

they are? it wasn't in the adds this week. Your store must have made a mistake...........

-borka105

Well, I spent the $500+ on my xbox bundle just to see that it was available on opening day.........But it was worth it because xbox kicks ass and I got to play first. So I have played this game for 2 days before best buy got it. I feel that maybe if it was another game I would o, crap I gotta return this and get a refund, but it was well worth it with Hunter...........Gof This Game Rules.

-Borka105

if u wanna battle it out with your friends, just play co-op, kill all the bad guys for a section in a level, then you and your friends can just fight

Thread Information