Thread: XBOXs, $100 retail, ASAP!!!

Default XBOXs, $100 retail, ASAP!!!

In the Nov,2001 issue of WIRED magazine(the one that's green with a XBOX on the cover) the artical "The making of the XBOX" in part3, J.Allard(microsofts GM for the XBOX) is said to want to get the XBOXs retail price down to $100 as quickly as possible. It's a great article about how products are now seldom actually made by the BRAND NAME associated with them, because it costs to much. The BRAND NAME simply acts as a kinda "stamp of approval" and are too busy developing,designing, marketing to do the manufacturing themsleves. In this case, FLEXTRONICS actually makes the XBOXs. They also make Ericcson phones, Handspring's PDAs as well as many other products. It's a interesting read if you enjoy a peek behind the sceens
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

I work for Compaq as a Contrator to Ericsson. Which in this Year has sold part of there building to SCI, and Flextronics. So really i work for all 3 of them. I was happy to hear about Flextronics building the Xbox because i had hopes they might make some here. I'm going to keep my eye for any black and green boxes coming thought here!

I'm going to keep my eye for any black and green boxes coming thought here and put them into my car!

I know your plan.

DOOM! Is that a possibility? That would enable xbox to SURELY reign supreme...

It would make me kinda mad, to spend $300 dollars on a system and 8 months later have it be $200 dollars cheaper.
    As cool as the other side of the pillow.

Originally posted by deepcover
    I work for Compaq as a Contrator to Ericsson. Which in this Year has sold part of there building to SCI, and Flextronics. So really i work for all 3 of them. I was happy to hear about Flextronics building the Xbox because i had hopes they might make some here. I'm going to keep my eye for any black and green boxes coming thought here!
    can u send me one if you find one just "borrow" it

Thread Information