Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Am Sick Of Sports Game

Registered User Cannibal Corpse's Avatar

Thumbs down I Am Sick Of Sports Game

XBox has THE MOST library of SPORTS GAMES on the history of any consoles for its short existance. I am sick and tired of seeing all the NFLS, BLITZS, SNOW, SKATE BORADING title...
    If you want to play SPORTS game, go out and play REAL Sports...
    Games are supposed to be fun in a sense that you could do things that are NOT possible in real life (SCI-FI games, High Tech Adverntures (MSG2) and similar titles)...Simulating stupid WWF Characters (RED NECKS), SKATEBOARD Junkies, BMX freaks...

No wonder XBox doesn't sell well in JAPAN and Europe. Oh don't even mention AZURIK, HUNTER, SHREK, they are the scum of gaming examples that other consoles developers should avoid at all costs...
    Best Regards,
    Cannibal Corpse

The above message has been sent to you via the following System:

Pentium®
    4 2.4B GHz
    Abit IT7-MAX2
    Mushkin DDR 2700 [1GB Total]
    ATi RADEON™ 9800 Pro
    Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM (8MB Cache) HDDs (X2 - 240GB Total)
    Sound Blaster Audigy2 Platinum
    Antec Preformance Series 430W Case
    Plextor UltraPlex [Reader - SCSI] - PlexWriter [Writer - SCSI]
    Adaptec AHA-2940UW SCSI Host Adapter
    Pioneer 105 DVD-R/W [IDE]
    ViewSonic P220fb Professional Monitor [Primary] - PT810 [Secondary]
    Microsoft® Windows XP® Professional OS

What are you smoking?! Sports games rock! If you want a system that doesn't have sports games, your not going to get one! Man, I don't think you have a XBox, your just a PS2 or GC fanboy! Haha, and to borrow this from some one else:

I think that you will see the higher quality games for the XBOX still to come, as games like SW: KotOR, Galaxies, Blinx, etc all come to light and show what the XBOX can do.

At the moment, I think it is meant for the US market to get all these sports games out there for the summer....

Default Re: I Am Sick Of Sports Game

Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
    XBox has THE MOST library of SPORTS GAMES on the history of any consoles for its short existance. I am sick and tired of seeing all the NFLS, BLITZS, SNOW, SKATE BORADING title...
    Games are supposed to be fun in a sense that you could do things that are NOT possible in real life (SCI-FI games, High Tech Adverntures (MSG2) and similar titles)...Simulating stupid WWF Characters (RED NECKS), SKATEBOARD Junkies, BMX freaks...

No wonder XBox doesn't sell well in JAPAN and Europe. Oh don't even mention AZURIK, HUNTER, SHREK, they are the scum of gaming examples that other consoles developers should avoid at all costs...
    I know what u are talkin bout but dont understand what you mean when you say " If you want to play SPORTS game, go out and play REAL Sports...
    Games are supposed to be fun in a sense that you could do things that are NOT possible in real life " Not everyone can just go outside and become Tony hawk or allen iverson, Im not gonna go out there and all of a sudden and have the speed and hands of randy moss. I dont think there is any wrong with haveing a lot of sport games. Why play racing games rthen? y dont u just go out and race " REAL cars"

Default Re: Re: I Am Sick Of Sports Game

Originally posted by Lethaldose12

I know what u are talkin bout but dont understand what you mean when you say " If you want to play SPORTS game, go out and play REAL Sports...
    Games are supposed to be fun in a sense that you could do things that are NOT possible in real life " Not everyone can just go outside and become Tony hawk or allen iverson, Im not gonna go out there and all of a sudden and have the speed and hands of randy moss. I dont think there is any wrong with haveing a lot of sport games. Why play racing games rthen? y dont u just go out and race " REAL cars"
    Yeah! I agree. I mean, they're for fun, just like all other games. Your saying, go play real sports, then why have Halo, just go out and go kill aliens..

Default Re: Re: Re: I Am Sick Of Sports Game

Originally posted by XBox Owner

Yeah! I agree. I mean, they're for fun, just like all other games. Your saying, go play real sports, then why have Halo, just go out and go kill aliens..
    LOL kill aliens

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: I Am Sick Of Sports Game

LOL kill aliens
    The sad thing is that u could go out and kill illegal aliens and then blame video games for it and get off on the charges in this country. Everythings is screwed up in this country. I live in the USA

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Am Sick Of Sports Game

The sad thing is that u could go out and kill illegal aliens and then blame video games for it and get off on the charges in this country. Everythings is screwed up in this country. I live in the USA
    haha, i know..ecspecially my grandma she won't let me like buy a T rated game..im going to go kill some one...

I was never a big racing/sports fan before i got the Xbox but i got into Project Gotham a lot so im betting i could get into some sports game to. Deathrow does look the most exciting game though for sports . Will most likley like that because it has violence in .

sports games rule, bro.

you know what games do suck? FIGHTING GAMES!!! Damn, I am so glad they have run their course. For a while there, it seemed like every other game was a fighting game. SUCKED!

I think there is only one on xbox (DOA3), right? I know more are in the works, and that's fine, but, please game developers let these duds rest in peace. Put out a real good one every once in a while and leave it at that.

Originally posted by robnyack
    sports games rule, bro.

you know what games do suck? FIGHTING GAMES!!! Damn, I am so glad they have run their course. For a while there, it seemed like every other game was a fighting game. SUCKED!

I think there is only one on xbox (DOA3), right? I know more are in the works, and that's fine, but, please game developers let these duds rest in peace. Put out a real good one every once in a while and leave it at that.
    I know i hated fighting games. They are so boring and pointless. I use to like them but that was back in the days of the first street fighter and mortal kombat. Now i hate them!

yea there is a lot of sports games. they need to come up with more fps and rts games. BTW what is with that jet set wtf ever that game is. i hate that digimon pokibutt animee jap crap speed racer type cartoon games and stuff. gotta go NASCAR IS ON!!!!!! Pocono baby!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Cannibal Corpse , sports games mostly suck, but Tony Hawk rules , mostly because I can Rip my own Sound Track and listen to Bands Like Cannibal Corpse while I play Tony Hawk on my Xbox, but I think you should go to some sites like , Ign.com and Totalgames.com and look at Xbox previews with games like Strident,Splinter Cell,..ect coming out

Whats your Favorite Cannbal Corpse Album Anyway???
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

WHAT!! Sports games are fun! And its good to see that the Xbox has good ones!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

This is funny because just the other day my cousin was complaining about how many sports games the PS2 had and wanted to buy an xbox. There may be a lot of sports games out for xbox, but if u dont like them, u dont have to play them. there are many great non-sport games out right now. ask me if u want me to list them. im very happy w/ xbox's games now, and will be overwhelmed w/ them in the future when project ego, kotor, unreal championship, MGS2S, etc. come out. i dont know y ur complaining.
    Last edited by Kooster; 06-09-2002 at 11:51 AM.

XBox has THE MOST library of SPORTS GAMES on the history of any consoles for its short existance.
    Games are supposed to be fun in a sense that you could do things that are NOT possible in real life (SCI-FI games, High Tech Adverntures (MSG2) and similar titles)No wonder XBox doesn't sell well in JAPAN and Europe.
    WTF?? Ya know, I play sports (soccer and baseball at the collegiate level) and I still love to play games on the Box. If you don't like the games, then keep it to yourself and don't read about the games.

This has to get the "Moronic Post of the Year" award :o

Games are not supposed to be fun? In a sense that you could do things that are not possible in real life? ummm...since I know I am reading that right, then what is the sense of having a video game? I don't know man, I think that you just had a little bit too much to drink when you posted this man.....cuz u have overstepped some boundries here.....

peace

You are probably sick of sports games because you suck at em yo!

Default Re: Re: I Am Sick Of Sports Game

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

You are probably sick of sports games because you suck at em yo!
    Thats not the only thing he's suckin...........

If you dont like them dont play them.....

true theres a difference between playing for real or playing on a system. But its kinda hard to get 20 heads together on a weekday night for some drunken late night football. Plus the neighbors made me take down my stadium lights, there dog kept barking at it through out the night. So ill just pop in madden and just chill.
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 06-10-2002 at 10:16 AM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Default Re: Re: Re: I Am Sick Of Sports Game

Originally posted by JJaX

Thats not the only thing he's suckin...........

If you dont like them dont play them.....

true theres a difference between playing for real or playing on a system. But its kinda hard to get 20 heads together on a weekday night for some drunken late night football. Plus the neighbors made me take down my stadium lights, there dog kept barking at it through out the night. So ill just pop in madden and just chill.
    Yo nephew, I was wit yo until you blew my high with your Madden comment.
    Kid, you better go cop da 2K joints! Ninja owns best homie!

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

If your sick of sports games, dont play them. If your sick of seeing them, dont look at them...but dont waste our time whining and complaining, because it's not my turn to feel sorry for you.

Thread Information