Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Thread

Talking Official Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Thread

Welcome to the second (hopefully last) official Morrowind Thread. The game should be in all stores by Friday, so when you play it, post your impressions in here.

It is suppose to, according to Bethesda, be in stores on Friday June 7th. Im guessing this is the date for the USA. Will Canadians, like myself, and thousands more have to wait longer for Morrowind? o ya, forgot to put this in b4 i posted it, will i have to go to an EB to get it on the 7th or whenever it comes out, or should a Future Shop or some store like that get it on the same day?
    Last edited by AppoX; 06-05-2002 at 06:24 PM.

I heard Select Stores are getting Morrowind today and tomorrow.

As soon as someone gets it, please let us know.

My Software ETC. is supposed to get it today. I will reply with the dissapointment of another delay or my first impressions.

Default The new phonebooks are here!.... The new phonebooks are here!!!!

I just got my call from Software, ETC. Morrowind is here. I'll post a review this evening of the first day of play.

RIPDZ

Almost all the Gamestop stores have it but EB says tommrw. I guess I'll just have to use my EB preorder for Outlaw Golf.

Default NOT OUT TILL 6/12 OR 6/13?

HEY, I WENT TO CIRCUIT CITY TODAY...AND THERE WAS AN APOLOGY THAT SAID IT WOULDN'T BE OUT TILL 12TH OR 13TH! (MANUFACTORER'S DELAY)

THEY SUPPOSEDLY HAD IT FOR SALE FOR 39.99...AND THEY WOULDN'T GIVE ME A RAIN CHECK! AND THEY WONDER WHY BEST BUY BLOWS THEM AWAY!

Default Try software etc or eb stores

That sucks.

I've heard Software Etc. and EB stores are already selling them as of NOW!!!
    I am the Alpha and the Omega

Circuit City runs ads for $39.99 for a lot of games, then they don't have them in stock and they won't give you a raincheck. I went back four times to Circuit City trying to get Wreckless when it first came out for $39.99. They finally had it in stock when the sale was over. Needless to say, I don't shop there anymore.

Well, I got Morrowind. I only played for 20 minutes cause my gf called, but I will play some more in a few. My first impressions... the beginning title screen was clean, very gentle, and very well done. I don't want to spoil anything so I will try and keep my views broad. The graphics are good, from a scale of 1 to 10, it's a 9. The water effect is amazing, and with the sound... I actually feel like I'm living near a coast. The beginning of the game, for the most part, is quite peaceful.. the music, the people, the sound and everything. I'm sure there is more action soon. This guy on teamxbox said he got his ass beat by a bunch of guards for stealing. Within the first 5min of play, I had accidently took some candles, and they got all mad at me and said if I did it again I would be arrested. So then I tried to talk to the guy and tried to apologize to him or something (cause I didn't want to be classed as a criminal so early in the game hehe) but he said if I keep it up I would make him mad hehe. Anyhoo, you are classed early on in the game when this noble guy asks you a bunch of questions. I got classed as a barbarian to my surprise. The town is huuuuge; the framrate problem was hardly noticeable, but it's not going to annoy you. I stopped here cause my gf called. But anyway, there are a lot of people to talk to and you can talk to them in so many ways. I will give more impressions as soon as I get off the phone, heh. But for those who are worrying about getting bored early on, don't be. There is so many things to do, so many people to talk to, and the game continues to get more interesting. You can save anywhere just like Max Payne, btw. I will bbl...
    Hidden Content
    who wants to play me...

Hey so what are the buttons like? Can you change them? Thanks
    trojan

Smile tell me more!

Thanks for the warning about Ciruit City...I will never attempt to shop there again!

I just want to know why the heck you quit to talk to your gf? lol

Game sounds great, I have been buying and selling games via EBAY. I usually sell them for more than I buy them. I just bought wreckless for $22 bucks, and will sell it when I am done for $30.

Portable Mammogramistâ„¢ DrUnKtAnK's Avatar

Originally posted by tech
    Hey so what are the buttons like? Can you change them? Thanks
    Very similar layout to HALO---

Left trigger = JUMP
    Right trigger = Attack

Left analog and dir pad = Move
    Right analog = look and turn

white button = journal
    black button = Rest
    Y = Ready Magic
    X = Ready Weapon
    B = Menu's
    A = Activate

X+L/R Triggers - cycle weapons
    Y+L/R Triggers - Cycle magic

Lf stick (click and hold) = Sneak
    " (double click) = Toggle sneak

Rt stick (click down) = Change view
    " " (click and hold) = View Character

L/R+ Right stick (click and hold) = Zoom in/out

There you go...
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high">Hidden Content quality="high" pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="180" width="470">

This game is getting better and better. Well, I died for the first time. I stole a gold platter thats worth 650gold and since I didn't have the money to pay it back, I either had to goto jail or fight the guard and well I decided to fight and he killed me in 2 hits lol. So I went back to the last save point. Anyhow, when it was night time it started to rain and it looked so cool! I mean there was thunder and lightning and all kinds of weather effects. The raind drops look real; you just gotta see it. I'm looking for this town right now, but I don't really know where I am going so I'm trying to use the map here. The people I talk to seem kinda rude to me cause I'm a newbie in every town I goto hehe. There is so many subplots but I haven't had a chance to get to them yet. Right now I am staying with the mainplot. I'm looking for this town and I have to find this guy and give him these documents and then get new orders from there.
    As for the controls, A is the action button as far as taking things and such. B and Select lets you view your map. X is to draw your sword out. Y is to use your magic spells. left trigger is to jump; right trigger is to attack. The white button is to view your journal. The black button is when you want to rest, which will also save the game automatically. When the green bar on the bottom-left of the screen is drained, that means you need to rest. It's best not to run all of the time so you don't get so tired so fast. In other words, when you're moving around don't hold the analog stick to the furthest they can go, escept when necessary. Oh also, pressing the left analog stick is to crouch. Pressing the right one is to change from 1st to 3rd person and vice versa. And no you cannot change the buttons.

Well, I just died again. I was swimming in the water at night and these creatures ate me up for a late night snack. When you start playing this game guys, you gotta pretend as if YOU were the main character. Do not do things that you wouldn't do in real life.

edit: drunktank covered the controlls better than i did so look at his.
    Last edited by JohnB; 06-06-2002 at 03:52 PM.
    Hidden Content
    who wants to play me...

Thanks DrUnKtAnK & JohnB

I appreciate it.
    trojan

Portable Mammogramistâ„¢ DrUnKtAnK's Avatar

Originally posted by tech
    Thanks DrUnKtAnK & JohnB

I appreciate it.
    Your welcome, time to leave and try out those button layouts...
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high">Hidden Content quality="high" pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="180" width="470">

xbaaddict

i will be playing this lovely game in about 45 minutes man i'm so excited you guys i have been waiting for this moment for 3 months now and im getting a little ancy!

Going to pick up my preordered copy now, see ya

I've played the game for about an hour now and I DO believe this game will live up to its expectations. The graphics and sound r very good. There r short load times as u enter/exit rooms, buildings and outdoors{not annoying at all) The only shortcoming that I can speak of this early on is how the combat works. When u fight a person/creature you can watch your health and fatigue levels drop as u take hits(the screen flashes red), but you have no idea if your punches etc. are landing/causing any damage at all until suddenly the enemy drops dead. A little health meter 4 the opponant or a narr. ( example: "You land a lethal strike with your dagger for 50 hit points killing the crab...) Something like that would have been nice but i cant complain THE GAME IS VERY WELL MADE!!! I DONT BELIEVE MANY WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

Thread Information