Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hopefully for the last time, the XBOX vs PC debate.

Default Hopefully for the last time, the XBOX vs PC debate.

I still hear a few scattered rumblings that the XBOX doesn't hold a candle to a PC. Well here are my points...

XBOX

733mhz CPU
    233mhz GPU
    10 GB Hard Drive
    DVD Drive
    Dolby Digital 5.1 Compatible
    HDTV Compatible
    Network Port (Broadband)
    Control Pad
    4, count 'em...4 Control Ports
    ALL OF THIS FOR $200.00!!

PC
    Now i'm not saying you CAN'T build a PC more powerfull than the XBOX, but build a PC with all of the above with no annoying glitches for $200.

Keep in mind your gonna need comprable...
    CPU
    GPU (XBOX is HDTV compatible, keep that in mind)
    Hard Drive
    DVD Drive
    Sound Card (256 voices, and DD 5.1 compatible)
    Network Card
    Control Pads??? Multi-player on a PC?? Ever tried that?
    Oh yeah...Case, Keyboard, & Mouse

Sure, no prob....I can build that for $200 (Dripping w/sarcasim)

COME ON, GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

well how much does that high def tv cost? and i play multi player all the time. sometimes over 40 players at once. dont give me the split screen stuff cause that sucks and gives me a headache.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Originally posted by Belt Fed
    and i play multi player all the time. sometimes over 40 players at once. dont give me the split screen stuff cause that sucks and gives me a headache.
    that's true, but some people enjoy real social interaction when playing video games, not just online multiplayer, that's where PC gaming lacks.

Screaming for Vengeance NomadLLama's Avatar

oh the good thing about consoles is that you do not have to upgrade the capabilities of the system to get to play the games. (computer, ahem....) and you always get 100% compatibility with a console. you cannot compare a 200 buck device with a $2,000 thing. comparing a kid to a professional sports player... kinda...
    ha..

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Either I got jipped or the XBox actually has an 8 gig Hard-drive...

But, other than that, you make a great point. I've always preferred console gaming just for the simple fact that I can sit down on my comfortable couch and play on a television instead of sitting at my desk in my uncomfortable desk chair.

Also, the point about multi-player actually hits close to home for me as I love playing multi-player games with a few buddies while sharing a few frosty beverages

Originally posted by NomadLLama
    oh the good thing about consoles is that you do not have to upgrade the capabilities of the system to get to play the games. (computer, ahem....) and you always get 100% compatibility with a console. you cannot compare a 200 buck device with a $2,000 thing. comparing a kid to a professional sports player... kinda...
    So what you are saying is that the computer is the best gaming machine. go to pricewatch.com and check out the prices on hardware for cpu and your 2000.00 dollar price tag will be way out in left field.

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    Either I got jipped or the XBox actually has an 8 gig Hard-drive...

But, other than that, you make a great point. I've always preferred console gaming just for the simple fact that I can sit down on my comfortable couch and play on a television instead of sitting at my desk in my uncomfortable desk chair.

Also, the point about multi-player actually hits close to home for me as I love playing multi-player games with a few buddies while sharing a few frosty beverages
    yup, yup and yup, you are firing on all cylinders tonight Max, i agree with everything you said, especially the frosy beverages! (you meant beer, right?)

guys do yall ever game on a pc? then if you have and you have a mid range pc you know that the graphics and ease of play and speed and definitly first person shooters is much better than the xbox.plus i have a comfortable chair at my desk you also know when you play m/p on the xbox you lose the special effects when you split screen,plus the graphics take a big dive

Originally posted by Gortholomew

yup, yup and yup, you are firing on all cylinders tonight Max, i agree with everything you said, especially the frosy beverages! (you meant beer, right?)
    lol, dude...Definately BEER!!

guys do yall ever game on a pc? then if you have and you have a mid range pc you know that the graphics and ease of play and speed and definitly first person shooters is much better than the xbox.plus i have a comfortable chair at my desk you also know when you play m/p on the xbox you lose the special effects when you split screen,plus the graphics take a big dive
    I play on my PC about 5% of the time or so...but, I've always been more of a "console gamer" than a PC gamer. One of the main reasons is that I always prefer inserting a new game into my system and actually having it work! lol

I'm not mocking PC games...not in the least...but, I believe that PCs offer a little more work to get a game to operate properly in comparison to a gaming console.

But, this friendly debate is almost pointless since the PC and consoles are so drastically different. Know what I mean?

also maybe its not all xbox but the games. iam just dissapointed in what i see on my tv. F1 2001 looks like crap, nascar thunder is no match for nascar 2002 on pc. rallisport challenge is to fake. cars dont get damaged to where they slow dow after wrecks and not enough damage. and slip screen looks like crap no dust or rocks fly no rain. 007 hahahahaha need i say anything. Halo is ok could be better.

Halo is ok could be better.
    of course it could be better, it is a LAUNCH TITLE, Xbox is capable of so much more, the first year of games for a console is never spectacular, but from where i sit, Xbox is doing pretty damn well.

nascar thunder is no match for nascar 2002 on pc
    ok first thunder is a EA port so they did very little to to make it look better then the ps2 game. nascar 2002 on the pc is a ***** to run i have a AMD 900 640 mb ram 32 mb ati radon card and it still looked like crap.hmmmm maybe if i had a gf3 or gf4.the two nascar games are so diffrent from each other.like i said one is a EA port so we all know its going to look like crap. and the other is really made for top end pc's.if you put the two next to each other with the same spec's i think they would look about the same.I THINK

HALO only used about 45% of what the xbox can do.

yes you really need to deep six that video card. you can get a gf3 for under 100 bucks.

Originally posted by greggp666

ok first thunder is a EA port so they did very little to to make it look better then the ps2 game. nascar 2002 on the pc is a ***** to run i have a AMD 900 640 mb ram 32 mb ati radon card and it still looked like crap.hmmmm maybe if i had a gf3 or gf4.the two nascar games are so diffrent from each other.like i said one is a EA port so we all know its going to look like crap. and the other is really made for top end pc's.if you put the two next to each other with the same spec's i think they would look about the same.I THINK
    Very good point...like I said earlier...it's almost pointless to debate the PC versus consoles...they are so drastically different platforms.

Speaking of EA, though...does anyone find that Triple Play 2002 (it's a Major League Baseball game for those reading this that might not know what the game is off-hand)...isn't it probably the worst MLB game ever? I find that this game makes Kabuki Warriors bad ass!!!

Originally posted by greggp666
    HALO only used about 45% of what the xbox can do.
    i don't know if i believe that number, that is awfully high for a launch title to use, i realize it is being thrown around as common knowledge, but does anyone have a RELIABLE link?

this is why i got the xbox so i dont have to update my vidcard every 6 months just to play a game .and last year that card was like top of the line.see what happens in a year haha.

i cant wait till that one doom game that i saw at e3 comes out for the pc, the graphics where so awsome i could have died

and i love your new sig max er um i mean max-xba!!! heh

Xbox kicks PC butt.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"...Fear not; I am the first and the last:"
    Revelation 1:17

Thread Information