Thread: Preorders

I know Tom can help me with this one...

I've already put my $10 down at Babbages, but I'm a little confused. Does that $10 reserve me a system, or do I need to pay for it in full first? And how long do they reserve the system for, before giving it to the public?

Tom

Default Scary that I still remember these things..

If they are still working their pre-orders the same as when I was managing, that $10 should reserve anything for you. Now, I do remember, when the N64 was released we were requiring a $25 dollar pre-order, but we told the customers that. If they took your $10 for the pre-order, then I'd say it's reserved for sure. Man, I'll never forget the wall of N64's when we first got them in...one of the reasons I'm glad I left retail. I love tech support! Really...I DO!

Okay, I was just making sure that it didn't work on a 'pay in full' basis...

Default Correct me if I'm wrong Tom

I also thought you can add some extra cash to your pre-order. Almost like a lay-away plan.
    There's no need to fear Underdog is here! Hidden Content

Tom

Default One more thing..

they will call you if things change. Rule numero uno for the stores was customer contact.

Today, I was looking at my preorder receipt and saw that it said '$50deposit 24hour pickup'. This was the last straw of my frustration, so I decided to call Babbages.

I learned that all I need is that $10 to fully reserve the system, which is good news indeed. I also found out that I was #10 on the list, which is good considering that even at the time of the PS2 shortage the store got 12 units. So I'm pretty much guaranteed a system upon first shipment.

I'm happy.

It's a good thing I preordered when I did (in Dec); the guy I talked to said the list was up to 30 now. And we're talking about a small, rural town here.. So I'd definitely start thinking about it if you haven't.

[Edited by John on 02-05-2001 at 11:06 PM]

Default How and Where?

I seen you say you put $10 down to put on an XBOX 360. What exactly is Baggages?? I wanna do this also.

Quote Originally Posted by sh0ckdiesel
    I seen you say you put $10 down to put on an XBOX 360. What exactly is Baggages?? I wanna do this also.
    Hey Shock, I think you might want to check the dates on these posts. This was way back in the day when I was working on the site. We are talking about buying the Xbox, not Xbox 360.

But, I can tell you that, that I had to put $50 down for the 360 and $5 for each game that I wanted.

"Babbages" was a video store in my hometown that was replaced with a Gamestop. So just go to your local gaminig store and tell them you want to pre-order the 360 and they will take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog
    Hey Shock, I think you might want to check the dates on these posts. This was way back in the day when I was working on the site. We are talking about buying the Xbox, not Xbox 360.

But, I can tell you that, that I had to put $50 down for the 360 and $5 for each game that I wanted.

"Babbages" was a video store in my hometown that was replaced with a Gamestop. So just go to your local gaminig store and tell them you want to pre-order the 360 and they will take it from there.
    damn!!! 4 years ago huh!!! lol....

and i live in philly, and we still have babbages around here...its in one of the 20 malls near me!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Thanks to BuLLsEyEWTF for the sig Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by r3lik1
    damn!!! 4 years ago huh!!! lol....
    Yeah, time flies when your're having fun

Holy GOD this thread is old.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Mustang-XBA
    Holy GOD this thread is old.
    Yeah, it was buried in an ancient Indian burial ground and now it's back meaner than ever. You have been warned!!

oh well... shame to close a piece of history, but.....
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Thread Information