Poll: $200 for Steel Batalion...Yes or No??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who's gonna plop down $200 for SB??

Question So who's gonna plop down $200 for SB??

Steel Battalion looks amazing no doubt, but 200 smackers????

Let me say that i probably will........

WHAT ABOUT YOU?

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

probably not i....it would have to recieve game of the year for me to do that.

Member on the run

Only if I hear good things about it and the price drops. That 40 button controller almost seems like information overload just looking at it.

Nope not me, maybe if I get more $$$!!

Not really into those kind of games, but I must admit this one does look cool. That controller alone must be worth a fortune... I wonder how much money they are losing selling it at 200$. Anyways, I'm hoping my buddy picks up the game and I can borrow it from him later on down the line.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

I bet you MechWarrior 4: Mercanaries will be better then SB(yes I'm getting Mech Assault)!!

aka DanieLudacris aka DL

200? Jesus Christ! I might as well buy a new xbox or just 5 other games I want. there are 30 buck games ot there now...

or i can just rent it and the controller prolly... 50 bucks for 50 days

Okay, im lost on this one,... WTF is SB? And I take it, that it is a PC game, right?
    And why the hell is a game $200.00? Does it come with a hooker, hoe, or slut? Am in getting my ninja nutz blown for this... please tell me why this is worth $200.00!!???

NOTE: from the XBA Staff- we do not condom,..er..condone Ninja Scrolls above post,..though we do agree he is da Icon around dis joint so he does have a point!

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
    Okay, im lost on this one,... WTF is SB? And I take it, that it is a PC game, right?
    And why the hell is a game $200.00? Does it come with a hooker, hoe, or slut? Am in getting my ninja nutz blown for this... please tell me why this is worth $200.00!!???

NOTE: from the XBA Staff- we do not condom,..er..condone Ninja Scrolls above post,..though we do agree he is da Icon around dis joint so he does have a point!

It's Steel Batallion and it comes with a 40 Button controller!!

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210196

aka DanieLudacris aka DL

Originally posted by Knight

It's Steel Batallion and it comes with a 40 Button controller!!

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210196
    Yeah didn't you know that, Role Model?

But Steel Battalion is one of those rare instances when the controller, not the game, is the big story. And we mean huge. Due this winter on Xbox, Steel Battalions is also bundled with a 40-button simulation controller console that's about 2 feet across, with two control sticks, three foot pedals and more. It's an impressive "peripheral" to say the least, and it will come bundled with Steel Battalion, when it ships. In fact, you cannot play Steel Battalion with a regular Xbox controller, according to Capcom. The controller/game bundle is a necessity and not necessarily a way to introduce new hardware into the market.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/362/362157p1.html

But Steel Battalion is one of those rare instances when the controller, not the game, is the big story. And we mean huge. Due this winter on Xbox, Steel Battalions is also bundled with a 40-button simulation controller console that's about 2 feet across, with two control sticks, three foot pedals and more. It's an impressive "peripheral" to say the least, and it will come bundled with Steel Battalion, when it ships. In fact, you cannot play Steel Battalion with a regular Xbox controller, according to Capcom. The controller/game bundle is a necessity and not necessarily a way to introduce new hardware into the market.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/362/362157p1.html
    OMG!! Mad crazy pimped up props to Knight for da pics!
    Now this explains it all. Is this game getting released in da U.S?
    If so, I highly doubt it will sell well with a price tag of a next-gen console!
    Those controllers for some reason make me think of the old Atari consoles.

OMG!! Mad crazy pimped up props to Knight for da pics!
    Now this explains it all. Is this game getting released in da U.S?
    If so, I highly doubt it will sell well with a price tag of a next-gen console!
    Those controllers for some reason make me think of the old Atari consoles.
    Yup it's coming out but will only be sold at Gamestop & EB and some web pages!!

Yup it's coming out but will only be sold at Gamestop & EB and some web pages!!
    You mean this game will not be available in stores? So your telling me someone like Best Buy wont carry this game?
    Where did you hear this Knight?

I bet in it's online only Capcom will loss more money than they will loss if it was in the stores as well.
    I bet da shipping & handling will run this game atleast another $10.00 more!

ghost lost in wolfenstein mother's Avatar

Default heh

okay so im the biggest mech fan out there. i still have my robotech luch box i got from korea when i was 6. (and my dukes of hazard) so naturally i hell in love with this game the first time i herd of it. so YES i would pay 200 bucks for this but im betting it will go around 170. BUT the game has to have some sort of upgrade option to keep the game new, via dl online or booster dics. because it would really suck balls to have that tight ass controller and only one game to play it on. if there were dl, patches, mods availiable online then HELL FAQN YEAH im going to buy it.

look out for robotec its cel shaded maddness.

wu

game looks like a boring piece of crap. The controller looks huge, and in a couple weeks it will be a oversized paper weight. Whoever buys this game it retarded!

ghost lost in wolfenstein mother's Avatar

Default nathanu nu

nu nu......huuh

You mean this game will not be available in stores? So your telling me someone like Best Buy wont carry this game?
    Where did you hear this Knight?

I bet in it's online only Capcom will loss more money than they will loss if it was in the stores as well.
    I bet da shipping & handling will run this game atleast another $10.00 more!
    The only stores that will have it will be Gamestop & EB!!

Default Re: heh

Originally posted by mother
    okay so im the biggest mech fan out there. i still have my robotech luch box i got from korea when i was 6. (and my dukes of hazard) so naturally i hell in love with this game the first time i herd of it. so YES i would pay 200 bucks for this but im betting it will go around 170. BUT the game has to have some sort of upgrade option to keep the game new, via dl online or booster dics. because it would really suck balls to have that tight ass controller and only one game to play it on. if there were dl, patches, mods availiable online then HELL FAQN YEAH im going to buy it.

look out for robotec its cel shaded maddness.

wu
    Are you getting MechWarrior 4: Mercanaries & Mech Assault??

Thread Information