Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which football game will rule this year, i hope its FEVER

Default Which football game will rule this year, i hope its FEVER

Basically im just plain sick and tired of JOHN MADDEN'S
    "FAT SLOPPY ASS" and the SEGA football just looks
    the same every year, this is just my opinion.

Will anyone be giving "NFL FEVER 2003" a chance
    like me?
    BIGMEL

I gave NFL Fever 2002 a chance, and will do the same for '03.

NFL2K3 will be the best football game this year. Madden looks like its gonna be the same besides the commentary and Fevers gonna be the same as last years. Fever 2002 is only going to be out for 9 months before 2003 comes out which means they didnt have much time to improve it so the game play will be the same. Also Madden will be a port of the PS2 version and it wont even be online but NFL2K3 will probably be alot better on Xbox since Sega seems to be favoring Xbox.

Last year, Madden was the best.

This year, it wil be sega 2k3. I'm assuming this because all the critics are naming this the best. That's all I'm going by because I haven't played any of them yet(obviously) whereas I played all of last years titles.

Fever's gameplay has been completely revamped.

I gotta go with 2K3. I have always liked it. I think with Sega being so supportive of MS it will deliver probably the best football game in th3e 2K series.

That being said, Fever is going to get a looksy from me, the early reports indicate a completlly new game.

And lastly, just for the record, i have never liked Madden.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Fever looks like it will be the best!!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Also, for any Xbox live users.. if you're a Madden fan its going to suck to be you while the other 2k3 and Fever peeps are playing online with full teams, or full seasons where you manage your team and play against other people with their own team.. you can keep on listening to Madden's irritating repetitive commentary.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

I will definitely give Fever a chance. I love the running game and the playbooks of Fever02.

However, I am probably going to go with Sega's NCAA FB 2K3 for my college fix. I'm hoping that they differentiate the game from its NFL counterpart.

One thing I loved in a NCAA game (can't remember whose, EA maybe) I played way back on the PSOne was old famous college teams. I used to run the triple option with Herschel Walker and UGA's 1980 championship team 'til the cows came home. I'll be looking for features like that from Sega but I haven't read anything yet.

Well Fever blows sweaty lion sack. I thought that game was a joke. It had the game play of a line at an amusement park and the animation was just retarted. Nice tackle animations, all 1 of them. The sound was dumb as hell and the commentary was painful to listen to.

Now the offense is gonna run the ball, or throw it. But the defense knows this
    Now that was phat!

Everytime you hiked the ball they played the same sound clip, It had nothing to do with players actually colliding it was just a sound clip. ANd the hits sounded like i was baking cookies.

Well anyways, I want madden but being it wont be online im probaly gonna go with Segas 2k3. I wonder if sega is gonna make any new sound effects this year
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 06-20-2002 at 09:58 AM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Fever rules I am definatly going to buy 2003!

JJaX, one thing that I will be waiting for is all these changes that Fever will be doing. There WILL be new commentary, so there goes that old one out the bag. Also, the weather will be determined based on the weather report for whomever is the "home team". So when I win the coin toss, take home team, and it's snowing up here in NY, it will be snowing in the game. I think that's tighter than those dreadlocks on yo mommas head

In order:

Fever
    2k3
    Madden.

i will!
    i thought fever 2002 was the best football game ever made..
    and with the additions they made towards 2003..
    its gonna be even sicka!!!
    and online...deeeeeeeeyam!

peace
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

Originally posted by casper
    JJaX, one thing that I will be waiting for is all these changes that Fever will be doing. There WILL be new commentary, so there goes that old one out the bag. Also, the weather will be determined based on the weather report for whomever is the "home team". So when I win the coin toss, take home team, and it's snowing up here in NY, it will be snowing in the game. I think that's tighter than those dreadlocks on yo mommas head
    Thats pretty cool, but i have a feeling the gameplay will still suck mummy C0ck.

fever blows.................Period.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

madden has a huge fan base, so madden will win the sales easily....

but fever or sega's will be better i am almost positive about that
    xbox 360 games owned...Amped 3, NBA2K7 & Guitar Hero 2

Wii games owned: wii play

Originally posted by JJaX

Thats pretty cool, but i have a feeling the gameplay will still suck mummy C0ck.

fever blows.................Period.
    mummy c0ck huh? dam...I was gonna go to CrackDonald's for some grub, but for some reason I just lost my appetite...putz.

I have played Madden since 1840 and I am totally sick of it. I am happy that Pat Summerall got fired this year cuz I was starting to fall asleep listening to him in the NFL games, then I would do the same when him and FatBoy were commentating that game. The graphics got better, but that should be a given . I thought that it was on the same engine since PoS1, but maybe that's just me. And now they sell out to Sony, man...funk that!

I will give both Fever and Sega 2K3 a chance, I'll probably even play then both. I didn't play Sega last year because I was so upset of how it played on the DC, so I didn't even bother until I hear some better stuff (and Ninja shoving it down my mouth, like I did to his girl last night , ain't gonna change me yet).

We shall see. I want to keep my faith in M$ with making Fever kick major arse on XBL, but I haven't played it yet, so it's nothin but hope....know what I mean?

madden could be good this year, but i am stilll goin wit fever. i got tromatized (sp?) when playin it last year..

Originally posted by casper

mummy c0ck huh? dam...I was gonna go to CrackDonald's for some grub, but for some reason I just lost my appetite...putz.

I have played Madden since 1840 and I am totally sick of it. I am happy that Pat Summerall got fired this year cuz I was starting to fall asleep listening to him in the NFL games, then I would do the same when him and FatBoy were commentating that game. The graphics got better, but that should be a given . I thought that it was on the same engine since PoS1, but maybe that's just me. And now they sell out to Sony, man...funk that!

I will give both Fever and Sega 2K3 a chance, I'll probably even play then both. I didn't play Sega last year because I was so upset of how it played on the DC, so I didn't even bother until I hear some better stuff (and Ninja shoving it down my mouth, like I did to his girl last night , ain't gonna change me yet).

We shall see. I want to keep my faith in M$ with making Fever kick major arse on XBL, but I haven't played it yet, so it's nothin but hope....know what I mean?
    yea i hear you. You had some good one liners in that post, Nice

But i have faith in sega in making a good sports title. I just want them to work on there sound effects.
    But as far as fever goes, Im not even gonna touch it.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

No question that Fever is going to rule, especially since it will be online and with full use of the headset communicator, meaning you can mentally conquer your opponent, as well. (You know, psychologically weaken him.)

No, I'm not ****ed up like that. I just have interesting thoughts every once in a while.
    The older a person gets, the less they care what they wear. Old people come up with some of the strangest clothing combinations you'll ever see. I think of it as "cancer of the clothing."
    --George Carlin

Thread Information