Poll: Bruce Lee: QOTD, your thoughts....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Lee or not to be?

Default Bruce Lee or not to be?

I am a Bruce Lee fan. Hardcore Bruce Lee fan, and I can tell you- I am going to buy the game. Even if it sucks- I am just going to buy it to surround myself,...and now my Xbox with the glory of this great person. The thing I worry about though- is whether the game does the man justice. This is not some interpretation of a cartoon charater to a game, this is man who had great philosophies and a great understanding of the matial arts. How will Ronin do? Will they do him justice, or will they turn him into some cheap enterprising gesture? This is what I fear- Bruce Lee deserves to be one of the most anicipated games out there, but instead he fades in and out of the press. I am scared that even if the game is mediocre, Bruce Lee's legend will fade into obscurity in later years if our generation (through our Xboxes) dont connect with him... For my poll,..Im gonna say that nothing can do him justice, but I have high hopes for the game....
    Last edited by Lazarus; 06-23-2002 at 07:23 PM.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking

I love bruce lee myself and I can't wait until this game comes out. I just want to see what people think of this game before I even think of looking into this game. I might buy it if I have the money.

i hope its good, bruce lee was the mack daddy. lol.

I taught the little midge everything he knows..

Just hope the heart removal move is in there..
    Cant wait to rip some dudes heart out..
    MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Screaming for Vengeance NomadLLama's Avatar

Originally posted by CodeMonkey
    I taught the little midge everything he knows..

Just hope the heart removal move is in there..
    Cant wait to rip some dudes heart out..
    MWAHAHAHAHAHA
    what? he did not cut anyone's heart out. ( at least i do not remember that.) he never even dismembered a body. he just beat the crap out of them. nunchucks(how do u spell it?? we say it differently in chinese) the story of this game looks a bit strange, but hey if its bruce, then im getting it!
    ha..

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    i hope its good, bruce lee was the mack daddy. lol.
    I know what you mean Bruce lee was the man than and he is tell now the man. But I think Jet lee is some what like bruce lee they both have the same last name hahaha. That is so funny

Originally posted by NomadLLama

what? he did not cut anyone's heart out. ( at least i do not remember that.) he never even dismembered a body. he just beat the crap out of them. nunchucks(how do u spell it?? we say it differently in chinese) the story of this game looks a bit strange, but hey if its bruce, then im getting it!
    LOL Of course he did… u not watched his movies? I think it’s the one where he is in an ice factory..

Screaming for Vengeance NomadLLama's Avatar

ice factory, i remember that, but i just recall him smashing people with the ice. bruce has been slashed my swords and hit with fireworks in movies and more... i even watched some of his movies in chinese. one with a guy named Wu. bruce used a stick to fight him, while Wu was using a sword. then bruce kicked his ass and Wu got hung and you could see the tongue. but im not sure if that one was in chinese or english. personally, i like him better than Jackie chan. but Jackie is comedy. Jet Li would be today's bruce, just he is still not as good.
    ha..

the game got 4 stars out of 5 in the new stuff magazine,im gonna pick up a copy next week!
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Bruce Lee is the one who make the martial arts so fantastic in movies. I am personaly think this game will remember all the fans of him. I am not sure to buy this now but in the future.....
    Back into the world of gaming.

Back when I was teetering on whether to spend my money upgrading my pc or on an xbox, I then found out they were going to make a Bruce Lee game for xbox--and my decision was made. It doesn't matter how good or bad the game is, there's no way it could live up to my expectations for what a Bruce Lee game should be. But it doesn't matter, any game made in Bruce Lee's image will always be welcome as long as it's not a disgrace.
    "There is no reason to be alarmed and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight.
    By the way is there anyone on board that knows how to fly a plane?"

Originally posted by CodeMonkey

LOL Of course he did… u not watched his movies? I think it’s the one where he is in an ice factory..
    That's Fist of Fury, his first movie where he played the lead role. But he didn't rip the guys heart out I don't think.
    "There is no reason to be alarmed and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight.

Is this thread about the game or fighting about if he ripped a heart out?lol.

Originally posted by Tkf5000
    Is this thread about the game or fighting about if he ripped a heart out?lol.
    Both. Because if he did rip his heart out then it might be a move in the game, so they are related!

oooo.i don think theres is heart ripping. ask the developers. i usta bug bethesda everyday about stoopid questions like that b4 morrowind came out.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

btw...ebworld.com is offering a free dvd with bruce preorder.

Originally posted by NomadLLama
    ice factory, i remember that, but i just recall him smashing people with the ice. bruce has been slashed my swords and hit with fireworks in movies and more... i even watched some of his movies in chinese. one with a guy named Wu. bruce used a stick to fight him, while Wu was using a sword. then bruce kicked his ass and Wu got hung and you could see the tongue. but im not sure if that one was in chinese or english. personally, i like him better than Jackie chan. but Jackie is comedy. Jet Li would be today's bruce, just he is still not as good.

Jet Li is just as good as Bruce Lee if not better. I'm not trying to disrespect Bruce Lee or anything but Jet Li could kick his ass if they ever would have fought. Jet Li trained at a Shaolin temple under the most extreme training conditions. If anyone ever saw how they train there youd know what I'm talking about. Shaolin Monks are as close to invincible as you can get, and although Jet Li didnt train there all his life he could beat adults by the time he was 12. I'll probably get the Bruce Lee game cause I like martial arts, but I hope that someday there will be a Jet Li game.

Originally posted by spliffdUP

Jet Li is just as good as Bruce Lee if not better. I'm not trying to disrespect Bruce Lee or anything but Jet Li could kick his ass if they ever would have fought. Jet Li trained at a Shaolin temple under the most extreme training conditions. If anyone ever saw how they train there youd know what I'm talking about. Shaolin Monks are as close to invincible as you can get, and although Jet Li didnt train there all his life he could beat adults by the time he was 12. I'll probably get the Bruce Lee game cause I like martial arts, but I hope that someday there will be a Jet Li game.
    You must be joking ?

Bruce Lee was the best, will always be the best, end of story.

No one ever beat Bruce Lee, he would be challenged for fights everyday by people on the street, or wherever he went.
    Think before you speak

hey laz, whats up man??
    anyway, my mom was going to get it for me last night but they didnt have it at wal-mart, so im going to have to go look around today, i wasnt smart and pre order like you.

It doesnt matter if Bruce Lee beat up people everyday, people werent as tough or violent back then. Most of the people he beat up were just regular guys not martial arts masters like Jet Li trained with. Jet Li has probably never even gotten in a real fight in his life but I guarantee he could kill anyone in the world in a matter of minutes if he wanted too, except Shaolin Monks who are equally as deadly.

Thread Information