Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Curse Goes On!!!!!!!!!!!

Default The Curse Goes On!!!!!!!!!!!

today i was playing morrowind for an hour or so and then my xbox just froze and i couldnt move or do anything so i shut it off for a couple of minutes turned it back on it was playing good and all and then about the same time it froze again

so i went to a movie (Mr.Deeds which is a kick ass movie) and came back and played for awhile again maybe an hour and a half and then it froze again

i have played for longggggggggg amounts of time and it has never frozen before or got a dirty disk error wtf is going on im telling you i think like some gc and ps2 fanboys got together and put like a curse on all the xbox so they would break because they dont have our beloved xbox

anyways whatta ya think my xbox is broke or what? (just remember my xbox has never done this before and i have played for hours at a time and this happened after like an hour or so)
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

The young... and annoying Young_Fledgling's Avatar

wow very wierd.. i would definitely go to www.xbox.com and go to technical support and go to that chat thing were u ask the support represntative... he may give u more info.

i've heard a few others with this problem... dunno how they solved it...

thank god my xbox isn't cursed :D
    Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Well its not really broken!! It might be the disk, cause I know I got the same thing with Morrowind, so it is only the disk!!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

its happened to me 2 times in about 60 hours of play. seems to be (at least for me) infrequent enough to be tolerable.

The young... and annoying Young_Fledgling's Avatar

monkeyman ... just out of curiousity... when did u buy ur xbox?

I wouldnt run your xbox for 24 hours. Might be over heating.
    l33t 4n0nZ is h3r3 2 h3lp j00.

Originally posted by wardpr68
    monkeyman ... just out of curiousity... when did u buy ur xbox?
    kmart

Well its not really broken!! It might be the disk, cause I know I got the same thing with Morrowind, so it is only the disk!!
    but why after all this time playing just suddenly start now??
    Hidden Content

lol, kmart..he said "when" not "where" lol

Morrowind froze 3 times today and then when I just turned it on a message appears saying the Xbox can't recognize the disc as a game or dvd. Hope it stops freezing.

Originally posted by XBox Owner
    lol, kmart..he said "when" not "where" lol
    ohhhhhhh oops hehehe

in between november and december not sure exactly when
    Hidden Content

beeswax not yours inc. silvertrace's Avatar

well, i've had my xbox since launch and i had never had any problems with freezing until morrowind, so with my sherlock holmes-like deduction i'm gonna go out on a limb and say its.........

MORROWIND

but i'll put up with it since its the best rpg i've played in awhile

*and if project ego/fable has the same issues i will gladly set myself on fire
    gone but not forgotten.....

I had no probs. I love the game!!!

dude...it almost sounds like a corrupt hd file for morrowind....the only fix for this is probably "GaSP" delete your character and start over....I would start a new game w/ new character. Then see if it freezes....if that dosn't work....exchange the game.....if it still does it exchange the xbox!

Member on the run

It seems that when your saves for morrowind reach near 200 blocks, that's when a lot of people are experiencing this. I'm not sure, but my saves were near 200 blocks, and suddenly they went back down to 160 and everything was fine. When they hit 200 again though, I started getting the dirty disk deal. It's something w/ morrowind, not your xbox. If you hear your box start to cache a lot of data from Morrowind, slow down your movement to try and let the box catch up. That's one of the suggestions mentioned in another forum anyway, seems to work though.

if it is a cache issue then saving your game and then turning the xbox off sould release your cache! This shouldn't be happening so quick after starting a game...still think its a corrupt file.

Originally posted by Shaggy
    if it is a cache issue then saving your game and then turning the xbox off sould release your cache! This shouldn't be happening so quick after starting a game...still think its a corrupt file.
    WAIT!!

Ok, it may be a corrupt file on there, but alot of what I have been seeing has to do with the OXM disks..Have you ever played any? If you have, then it is on your hard drive. Delete the OXM disk files that are on there. This maybe the end to your problems. Try it out first. I say this just so you don't have to go and remove your character...Let me know how you make out.

I have been having the same problems with MW been playing about 80 hours so far and just in the last day or so it's been locking up so what's the consenus on a fix? I've tried to clean the lens and deleted my MW saved games down to about 4. What's next?
    God was my co-pilot but but we crashed in the mountains and I was forced to eat him.

THE DEVILS BRIGADE
    "infensus incursus"
    www.devilsbrigadepage.tk

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

Has anyone contacted OXM and asked them why their disks mess the XBox up? This is something that they should fix if they want people to keep getting their mag.

Very bad news that sucks. Anyway if I were you I would go to xbox.com and check it out or if it gets really bad take it back. Does it happen with other games or is it only morrowind?

Thread Information