Thread: HDTV/XBox Questions

Default HDTV/XBox Questions

I was reading a review of Madden2k2 and it mentioned that you can see the whole field on a widescreen hdtv instead of having to look left and right.

I have Madden, the xbox, the widescreen, and the HD AV Pack (the cables suck by the way - I get audio bleeding into the Red component) - but I still have to look left and right to see the field.

This leads me to believe that there is something that I need to do setup-wise to the xbox.

I just got it, and no, I haven't read anything (I ritually destroy documentation upon electronic equipment purchase), so forgive me if this is a stupid question - but how do I set up the xbox properly?

Default Re: HDTV/XBox Questions

Originally posted by stevek
    I was reading a review of Madden2k2 and it mentioned that you can see the whole field on a widescreen hdtv instead of having to look left and right.

I have Madden, the xbox, the widescreen, and the HD AV Pack (the cables suck by the way - I get audio bleeding into the Red component) - but I still have to look left and right to see the field.

This leads me to believe that there is something that I need to do setup-wise to the xbox.

I just got it, and no, I haven't read anything (I ritually destroy documentation upon electronic equipment purchase), so forgive me if this is a stupid question - but how do I set up the xbox properly?
    It's not a stupid question. But it is stupid to throw away the relevent documention that comes with your electronics.

But anyway, in regards to your question, you need to have video set to widescreen via the X-box dashboard settings and for Madden, there is a widescreen setting in the options menu that needs to be set as well.

Default Thanks... I think :)

Thanks for your help...

think about it though - how many times have you referenced your cd player or refrigerator manual?

Default Re: Thanks... I think :)

Originally posted by stevek
    Thanks for your help...

think about it though - how many times have you referenced your cd player or refrigerator manual?
    Well, since I live in an apartment, I don't have a refrigerator manual - the landlord takes care of that. But I do reference my DVD/CD player's manual when it's time to use features that I've never used before.

Are you going to know what to do upfront if you ever want to burn CD tracks onto X-box harddrive. Or when you want to connect it up online for Xbox Live or System Link?

Get a home theater setup with an A/V receiver and throw out the manuals. That will definitely teach you a lesson within a few weeks.

I have every manual for every piece of electronic or computer equipment I've purchased in the past 15 years.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    I have every manual for every piece of electronic or computer equipment I've purchased in the past 15 years.
    Impressive

Just kidding!

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    Me too I keep 'em all in a specific folder.

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Impressive

Just kidding!
    I even have the original boxes for most of the stuff.

Thread Information