Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for people with broken boxes...

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Arrow for people with broken boxes...

Did you ever think it's just the game that you are playing that is messed up, and messing up your Xbox? Well that's what you should be thinking about...here's why

Outlaw Golf...the company tried to hide the fact that many of their disks were defective. It may have an adverse effect on your Xbox.

Morrowind...games like this are very very unstable. Even online pc games such as EQ or UO...there will be several glitches and problems in the game that may cause the Xbox to crash. You may argue the point by saying that it hasnt happened to you before when you were playing. Well I know you didnt do the same thing over and over again...it may only happen at a certain point in the game.

OXM demo disks...a majority of the disks I got so far were scratched before I even opened them up. perhaps they could cause the Xbox some trouble...

Back when the XBox first came out, games like DOA3 and Halo were played many hours a day by almost everyone. No problems. Now some (not all) new games are causing problems, and people say it's the Xbox's fault.

Dont forget to clean your system regularly. keep it on an elevated wire rack, in a dust-free area.

Thumbs up

good thread
    Fanboys Suck
    Hidden Content

I agree

Good thinkin I think morrowind is highly messed up. Alot of people are postin that the game freezes. I would definately watch some of the demos. I got some that were realy bad. If gave me dirty disc errors almost every time.

The Frew-its of the Devil

Yeah I did... for a while... until I put in every other game disc I had for Xbox and it kept doing the same thing...
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

actually, i bought Halo on the first day and it was defective.
    Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

so how can u get dust out of your xbox? i am getting a computer vacuum i think its called to clean out keyboards and stuff for free and was thinking of just putting that near the xbox to suck out the dust...any other idea? i also keep my xbox under a towel when i am not using it to help prevent dust
    xbox 360 games owned...Amped 3, NBA2K7 & Guitar Hero 2

Wii games owned: wii play

ghost lost in wolfenstein mother's Avatar

Default my xbox is okay so far.

my box first froze when i first put in maxpayne and it hasent froze until i first put in morrowind. since then its only happend twice. so its only happend 3 times. considering howmuch i play my box, i can say that im not worried to much about mine crashing. i mean its a machine its bound to happen. like ehw said clean your xbox and please keep it ventilated. later all.

mom

Well, it happened yesterday. Me and my brother were playing morrowind and it crashed. It's def a bad copy and alot of people have them

Nice Thread man, and great point.
    "That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking

Originally posted by Gamegirl
    I agree
    I totally agree with you EHWfedPres. When I am done playing with my xbox I put a T-shirt over it so dust want get on it. I also keep all my games in a DVD holder so I know where to find them.

i ahve had very few problemd with my Xbox maybe 1 or 2 crashes with Morrow and once with Amped . . . . . DD with halo online but thats their bug sending wrong info to the Xbox. . .cauz theres an easy fix for that . . . i also have a small desk fan blowing on my Xbox 24/7 . . . cauz its in a streo cabinte and with there is plenty of room and air flow. . . the box is in a spot where the intruction manual says not to put it but it nevr gets hot at all with the fan blowing on it. . . . Never, not even warm.
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

i would like to add something.....if a game freezes sooooo many times in exact same spot or anywhere, try deleting the save file and run it again. In 90% of the time it works...

And suppose u have NHL hitz(or any game) demo and the full version. The demo save file could make the full version not running properly.

And i always delete the oxm save files. Its like 10 blocks for 0 files and the saves doesnt save a lot loading time so what the hell...delete em.

thank you.
    Fanboys Suck
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by BORNGD
    so how can u get dust out of your xbox? i am getting a computer vacuum i think its called to clean out keyboards and stuff for free and was thinking of just putting that near the xbox to suck out the dust...any other idea? i also keep my xbox under a towel when i am not using it to help prevent dust
    Well I just opened my xbox and pulled it apart and put it back together. I have had it since launch. I have been keeping my xbox in an elevated shelf that is closed all the time! When I opened the box up it is so compact that alot of dust settles all over the components on the inside! A can on compact air will not do much besides blow the dust around in the xbox! most of the dust is drawn in though the fan on the back of the unit while it is on! The dust goes strait over the motherboard and then right into the processors fan! The processor fan was extremely dirty!!!! Dust was just caked on! I am wondering that if people are not keeping there xbox in a dust free, and well elevated area that the recent problems have occured are due to an overheating issue? Who knows but the xbox is a dust inhaler!

Default My XBox broke, do you know why?

So, I'm just sitting there creating my character in Morrowind, and so I put a different game in, but nothing works. I just get "disk read" errors now. I couldn't figure out what was wrong.

The first thing I did was clean all the peanut butter out of the DVD drive, but that didn't help.

The next thing I did was to put the XBox on its bottom on the shelf. I like for it to stand vertically. It looks cooler. But, that still didn't help.

I was almost out of ideas, and then I remembered the time I tried to hook up my GBA to the XBox and put back the pieces of the XBox that I took out. But, that still didn't help

And then it struck me, maybe I should have taken care of the thing to begin with. Maybe I shouldn't throw my controllers when Tony Hawk does a face plant or the Flood overwhelms me. Maybe I should keep the XBox cool and clean. Maybe I should handel the discs carefully like every electronics manufacturer in the world insist on.

And lastly, maybe I should think about what I did wrong and worry less about what MS did wrong.

Nice post Taranis,lol.

I've only had my xbox freeze once, it was on one of the first times I was playing it..during JSRF..but I think it's because my brother stomps when he walks...even though people usually run past it and it has never froze..oh well...maybe we should all stop complaining and live with it..it can't crash as bad as the computer that I'm typing on right now.

.::Justin::.

NO!!!!! I just talked to the Xbox warranty people, and I asked the lady how to prevent bad things from happening, and the thing she specifically pointed out was not to use those dust-blowers. I guess they've had people using them, and damaging theit XBOX.
    Sincerely,
    Razzle Dazzle Hidden Content

Do the vacuums work well?

Originally posted by Shiz_96
    Do the vacuums work well?
    Use anti- static and dust wipes. Their called nice n clean and can be purchased at Walmart. Ust it on your box and it will be dust free. Use it 2 times per week. 4.48 for 20 wipes. Well worth the money

I don't clean my XBOX at all.

Thread Information