Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a correction to the last Will the xbox will fail

Default a correction to the last Will the xbox will fail

hi

in the last thread people thought that I am some guy that like ps2 or nintendo, first of all I want to clear that thing I love the xbox, and it's not in my country yet, but u have to understand that the xbox in usa is doing very good cuz games comes out very soon, but in the pal version there is a lot of delys, I just don't get microsoft why they do it ? why they simply don't give all the games in the multi format why the pal and all this systems, today it's irelevnt!
    the xbox isn't doing very good in europe, actualy from what I read it's a complete fail, more then that the reson is not enough games!!

in japan there is no need to say that the xbox lost more then 30 precent of his sales to ps2, and to remind u that I read another article that say that microsft is planing a new console actually a xbox with some digital recorder so it can sell the xbox this way, it will come to the state...

so now may I ask again will the xbox fail>?

bye
    (btw: if microsft has a lot of money doesn't mean they are planing to loose all the company money on the xbox system ... belive me gate wil cut it very fast if it see that no profits is coming out of it ..
    )

For the love of god please tell me english is not your first language. And Microsoft doesn't publish every single Xbox game so don't blame them for the fact that there are so few games out in Europe. Also I read this in another thread but it seams to fit well here. The PS1 didn't catch on for about 2 years after its release but it became that most successfull console of all time. Give it time. Microsoft didn't poor billions into the Xbox just to cancel it in a few years. And btw that Xbox hybrid is just giving people more reason to buy and Xbox over a PS2 or Gamecube. And if I hear one more Dreamcast/Xbox comparison I will kill the person who makes it. The DC was released when Sega was already in deep financial trouble and they had to cancel production because they were losing money on it. Believe me that Microsoft is not going anywhere soon. Edit: Oh and Microsoft never came into this war trying to win. They came in to get a foothold so they could win the next war.
    "Halo 2 is alot like Halo, only it's Halo on fire going through the hospital zone 130 miles per hour being
    chased by helicopters and ninjas, and the ninjas are on fire too"

Griesemer: Halo 2 is going to be everything you liked about Halo, only wrapped in bacon and deep-fried. As everyone knows, bacon makes even the best things even better.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Okay, I am sick and tired of people whing that there are no games in Europe or Japan!! They complain that Morrowind isnt coming until September, and after they whine they blame it on Microsoft!!!Microsoft has no control over games, like Morrowind is not published by Microsoft so it doesnt control when it gets to Europe or Japan. I went on the site and the games that ARE published by Microsoft are coming a month after it comes out here in AMerica!! SO thats not too long, but you people dont get that Microsoft has no control over a game if it isnt the publisher for that game!! So stop blaming it on Microsoft!!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

MS does have some control over when games are released as the games are sent to them after they are complete for quality control and testing. If the game is deemed unsuitable for release it is sent back to the developers for fixing. But the rough release date is detirmined by the publisher

Originally posted by faceoff508
    Okay, I am sick and tired of people whing that there are no games in Europe or Japan!! They complain that Morrowind isnt coming until September, and after they whine they blame it on Microsoft!!!Microsoft has no control over games, like Morrowind is not published by Microsoft so it doesnt control when it gets to Europe or Japan. I went on the site and the games that ARE published by Microsoft are coming a month after it comes out here in AMerica!! SO thats not too long, but you people dont get that Microsoft has no control over a game if it isnt the publisher for that game!! So stop blaming it on Microsoft!!
    Well im from the UK, and i think in Europe people do have a right to whine. I mean, im picking up hunter on friday (the release day) and how long have you ppl had it already. And as for there not being any games over here, then thats correct, because there aint. we got gunmetal this week and apart from that there has been nothing for a while. As for morrowind, IMO 4 months is a long time to wait for a game.

get a ****ing mod chip then!!!!

Originally posted by Shaggy
    Hey calm down my little shagpile..
    As for moding then i may do at one point, but i aint that stupid to go and blow 1 year warranty on my xbox..
    the point is, should people need to do this?

Yeah that would allow us to play NTSC games but it still doesnet change the fact games in europe should not take as long to be released as they currently do.

Originally posted by CodeMonkey

Hey calm down my little shagpile..
    As for moding then i may do at one point, but i aint that stupid to go and blow 1 year warranty on my xbox..
    the point is, should people need to do this?
    shagpile? LOL!

Yeah I wouldn't want to do that if I had a 1 yr. warranty! The fact is Japan still gets all of the ps2 games like a century before the us. Why aren't we *****ing about this....because or the language barrier first of all, we don't hear them yabbering about how good this and that game is! That is the big difference. We share a language and internet sites, so unfortunatly that is just how it works! Sorry you guys don't get the games as soon as us...don't worry though they will be there. Remember pactience is a virtue! At least you guys know what games are good and crap before they even come out!

shagpile? LOL!

Yeah I wouldn't want to do that if I had a 1 yr. warranty! The fact is Japan still gets all of the ps2 games like a century before the us. Why aren't we *****ing about this....because or the language barrier first of all, we don't hear them yabbering about how good this and that game is! That is the big difference. We share a language and internet sites, so unfortunatly that is just how it works! Sorry you guys don't get the games as soon as us...don't worry though they will be there. Remember pactience is a virtue! At least you guys know what games are good and crap before they even come out!
    Yeah thats a good point, at least the US can be our own ginny pigs when a game comes out..
    its also understandable about japan, due to the conversion of voice and what not, but for Europe, i cant understand. i mean a month say, but 4 is taking the p!ss IMO...
    but yeah we do get them in the end.. its nice to see we get a game before the US and same with Project Ego when it comes out..

Lets hope Project Ego made by an english company is released in britain first.

Yeah I'll be waiting for Project Ego in the UK
    CodeMonkey Morrowind ain't nothing special I think you should rent this game first

10k.

Originally posted by Afro Aura
    CodeMonkey Morrowind ain't nothing special
    Neither are afros.

Last edited by Alien; 07-01-2002 at 07:41 PM.

Yeah I'll be waiting for Project Ego in the UK
    CodeMonkey Morrowind ain't nothing special I think you should rent this game first
    You Afro every time we chat you seem to take of the fun out of waiting for a game…lol
    JK
    So it’s not that good then morrowind? Well I’m mainly waiting for Project ego for my RPG
    As u know I pick hunter up this Friday and if I don’t like it, I’m gonna take It back and get Gunmetal or wait for Enclave

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Europeans just have to wait until some company from there makes a cocsole
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Originally posted by Magnum Blast
    For the love of god please tell me english is not your first language.
    The guy is from Israel. He probably speaks Hebrew as a first language. Heck...he speaks English better than half the ghetto-wannabes on this board.

Be that as it may, I find his views disturbing.

Originally posted by CodeMonkey

You Afro every time we chat you seem to take of the fun out of waiting for a game…lol
    JK
    So it’s not that good then morrowind? Well I’m mainly waiting for Project ego for my RPG
    As u know I pick hunter up this Friday and if I don’t like it, I’m gonna take It back and get Gunmetal or wait for Enclave
    LOL dude I'm just giving you some advice I''ve played them and I've come to my conclusions for these games

but then it's just my conclusions now Outlaw Golf is pretty cool though

LOL dude I'm just giving you some advice I''ve played them and I've come to my conclusions for these games

but then it's just my conclusions now Outlaw Golf is pretty cool though
    Have u played the Xbox version or the PC version of morrowind? If its the pc then its a buggy game and the Xbox version is by most accounts better

How can u have played Outlaw golf and xbox morrowind if u live in england

Phynx

Default UK isn't everything

UK is exactly the same as australia hardly any games are out, spiderman has recently been released thats all i know at the moment so all these peeps have the right to whine, you come live in UK or Aust. then you'll feel it, so shut up!

Originally posted by dave_m123

Have u played the Xbox version or the PC version of morrowind? If its the pc then its a buggy game and the Xbox version is by most accounts better

How can u have played Outlaw golf and xbox morrowind if u live in england
    Dave how could you... how many time do I have to say I've got a US and a PAL XBOXes so yes I can play games in the UK

Now I have played Morrowind XBOX and it's horrible the graphics are below par, animation stinks, it slowsdown and the battle system in a joke they haven't even taken time to do any XBOX enhancements it's just PC a port to XBOX, I'm just saying this as this in my conclusion of this game, most people like it I don't I though this was going to be something special but it was a letdown. Lets hope that Project Ego isn't a letdown too
    where are the Japanese RPGs are we getting any? I'm dying here I want to see Skies of Arcadia 2 on the XBOX sooooon

Thread Information