Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WH-Smith not stocking XBox games 'because its a flop'!?

Default WH-Smith not stocking XBox games 'because its a flop'!?

WTF! UKers, we need to start a petition to show them how wrong they are! Woolworths don't stock them either...

Anyone got the latest sales figures for all consoles in the UK and worldwide? I'm going to write an angry letter!

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default Re: WH-Smith not stocking XBox games 'because its a flop'!?

Originally posted by thebruce
    WTF! UKers, we need to start a petition to show them how wrong they are! Woolworths don't stock them either...

Anyone got the latest sales figures for all consoles in the UK and worldwide? I'm going to write an angry letter!
    Who the heck is WH?
    Why are they not selling xbox games?
    I am confuesed
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

The Frew-its of the Devil

This pertains only to shoppers in the Uk. I don't believe there is a game store in America that DOESN'T sell Xbox games, so don't worry about it. I myself am interested to see the sales figures for all countries. I can find absolutely no information reguarding current sales figures and it's ****ing me off. Are they not showing this because sales aren't good, is NPD TRST not doing their job anymore all the sudden, WTF. I can't even find anything on the NPD TRST website concerning current figures.
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

Hey, that's that stores problem. If Xbox takes a random sales boost they're in trouble.

Alot of places in the states only have a handful of xbox games. They don't even have Morrowind yet. I'm dead serious. Their very scarce lately. Seems that they want to get rid of them.

Originally posted by Gamegirl
    Alot of places in the states only have a handful of xbox games. They don't even have Morrowind yet. I'm dead serious. Their very scarce lately. Seems that they want to get rid of them.
    what do you mean I thought over there the XBOX is still kicking butt hmmm it's a scary situation if thats the case

Woolworths????

lol...if you guys still have Woolworths in your country, then I'm surprised you even have gotten the the new 16bit Super Nintnedo on your shelves

Fry's Electronics and BestBuy in Phoenix have nearly every Xbox game to date in stock. I just went down there and picked up MotoGP and Morrowind... which I took back before opening. A friend bought it and let me try it out... it sucks.

Originally posted by DigitalAZ
    Fry's Electronics and BestBuy in Phoenix have nearly every Xbox game to date in stock. I just went down there and picked up MotoGP and Morrowind... which I took back before opening. A friend bought it and let me try it out... it sucks.
    hehehe another dissatisfied customer, don't worry mate I was in your postion too unfortunately I couldn't get a refund I had to sell mine at a pittance of £16 it cost me £60 to buy it on import, oh well silly, silly me, got my feet burnt but NEVER AGAIN

MORROWIND SUCKS

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Originally posted by Afro Aura
    MORROWIND SUCKS

Dont feel bad because you suck at such a great game.

Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Dont feel bad because you suck at such a great game.
    Yeah maybe your right.....I'll gonna sulk in one corner now and lick my wounds hehehe

I have to say though Gunmetal is an awesome game so I do feel just a little better as I didn't have to buy that on import yeeeaaahhh

and where are those Skies of Acadia game coming out I'm sinking in quicksand heeelllppp meeeeee
    Last edited by Afro Aura; 07-08-2002 at 04:37 PM.

face it people the XBOX has and WILL flop... i mean, i still get the games and play cause i love them and do think its the best console.. but it has flopped. I will never buy a ps2 or anything else but Xbox has flopped.

I used to post here a lot.

Originally posted by wwfraven2k
    face it people the XBOX has and WILL flop... i mean, i still get the games and play cause i love them and do think its the best console.. but it has flopped. I will never buy a ps2 or anything else but Xbox has flopped.
    and where are you taking this logic from at the moment the the console market is slow on ALL fronts and with the XBOX a new contender in the scene it needs space to bloom I know the XBOX will not fail it has the backing of the richest man in the WORLD and I don't think his baby is going to die just as yet. The XBOX is the most powerful machine on the market right now and its coming into the market with a slight edge as an on-line machine I can't fault anyone who want to get into the market this way he's getting the ball rolling setting up XBOX Live as soon as the XBOX is on-line lets see how the situation changes then

Also there are some killer games coming out for this machine Brute Force, Panzer Dragoon, Sega GT 2002, Project Ego, DoA Beach Volleyball Shenmue 2 the list goes on and when the machine is ready for on-line, I'm sure you'll see a whole load of Unreal Championship copies being sold out and remember these are XBOX ONLY titles!

like you I'll never buy a PS2 from those arrogant b@stards Sony "we've won the war"
    yeah right, they can kiss my @ss

Default Re: WH-Smith not stocking XBox games 'because its a flop'!?

Originally posted by thebruce

WH Smiths and Woolworths are always behind the times, plus the average age of a woolworths customer is 60+.
    Go to EB or have a look at www.play.com

Whoa. Woolworth's...I haven't seen one of those since I lived in Queens 15 years ago.

cant comment on Woolworths, but WH Smith refused to stock Xbox games right at the start regardlesss of whether it was going to do well or not

I haven't been in a Wollworths since I used to live in Cambria hieghts like 4 years ago.

Originally posted by Afro Aura

and where are you taking this logic from at the moment the the console market is slow on ALL fronts and with the XBOX a new contender in the scene it needs space to bloom I know the XBOX will not fail it has the backing of the richest man in the WORLD and I don't think his baby is going to die just as yet. The XBOX is the most powerful machine on the market right now and its coming into the market with a slight edge as an on-line machine I can't fault anyone who want to get into the market this way he's getting the ball rolling setting up XBOX Live as soon as the XBOX is on-line lets see how the situation changes then

Also there are some killer games coming out for this machine Brute Force, Panzer Dragoon, Sega GT 2002, Project Ego, DoA Beach Volleyball Shenmue 2 the list goes on and when the machine is ready for on-line, I'm sure you'll see a whole load of Unreal Championship copies being sold out and remember these are XBOX ONLY titles!

like you I'll never buy a PS2 from those arrogant b@stards Sony "we've won the war"
    yeah right, they can kiss my @ss

for all of our sakes i hope you are right... but things dont look good from my prespective.... maybe i expected too much

I used to post here a lot.

I work for Sony but still dont want to go back to a PS2, if no other reason, because for me living in the UK the Pal conversions ALL have boarders even if small ones. There are other reasons why I prefer Xbox but that has to be one of my main ones.

I heard that the PAL version of Devil May Cry for PS2 had a massive boarder all the way round the screen. Did you see that special in OXM-UK the other month about how good xbox is for NTSC to PAL conversion.

p.s. woolworths stinks of the elderly so no wonder young people don't want to go in. Plus i don't think there are many pensioners who own an xbox, they'd all have heart attacks playin halo!
    Last edited by UnitedKingdom; 07-10-2002 at 04:21 AM.

Thread Information