Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halo on PC? Discuss.

Default Halo on PC? Discuss.

I couldn't believe there wasn't a thread yet.

I think this is not such a bad thing. It could even work to boost the XBox by making people say, "Damn, and I could have been playing this over a year ago."

I think its cool that we got to play it first.. we all knew this was going to happen.. just not at what time.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

This is an outrage!!!! I can't MS is so stupid to allow such a move. Haven't they been listening to PC gamers since Nov! They hate xbox. They think it's crap, and it's mostly because they love their beloved PCs. Now they are giving them Halo! WTF!

Now they've lost any chance of PC gamers switching over to xbox. It's all over for the xbox. I'm trading it in for a PS2. Because I don't want to continue putting in money into a doomed console. Which xbox now is.

And we don't have bragging rights at all now. PS2 does. They have a lot of them. FF, Devil may cry, etc. Games that will be only on the PS2. MS you are bunch of fools!
    When it's hot and sticky, that's no time for dinky dunking, but when the frost gets on the pumpkin, THAT'S the time for dinky dunking.

Hidden Content

whoa... lets stop the press here for one minutes...

where and when was this announcment made about Halo being ported to the PC? i thought it was supposed to be an XboX exclusive...

wouldn't MS want PC gamers to switch over to the Xbox? if they give away one of their best kept games, then that chance is almost nothing now....

Exactly!

Now instead of saving up for xbox games I'm going to save up for a killer PC and get Halo online! So not only does MS lose PC gamers that might have come over to the xbox, but now they will lose xbox gamers over to the PC.

MS ARE IDIOTS!!! THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CONSOLE GAMING.
    When it's hot and sticky, that's no time for dinky dunking, but when the frost gets on the pumpkin, THAT'S the time for dinky dunking.

Hidden Content

wow mercury.. take a chill pill. xbox isn't doomed because Halo is going to PC. What kind of logic you using? My 5 yr old cousin has better thought-out ideas
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by MOrgE
    whoa... lets stop the press here for one minutes...

where and when was this announcment made about Halo being ported to the PC? i thought it was supposed to be an XboX exclusive...

wouldn't MS want PC gamers to switch over to the Xbox? if they give away one of their best kept games, then that chance is almost nothing now....
    Press release reprinted on the front of this site. I have also seen it at other sites.

thanks man...

i guess thats what i get for always skipping the main page and jumping right into the forums....

Originally posted by Mercury
    This is an outrage!!!! I can't MS is so stupid to allow such a move. Haven't they been listening to PC gamers since Nov! They hate xbox. They think it's crap, and it's mostly because they love their beloved PCs. Now they are giving them Halo! WTF!

Now they've lost any chance of PC gamers switching over to xbox. It's all over for the xbox. I'm trading it in for a PS2. Because I don't want to continue putting in money into a doomed console. Which xbox now is.

And we don't have bragging rights at all now. PS2 does. They have a lot of them. FF, Devil may cry, etc. Games that will be only on the PS2. MS you are bunch of fools!
    I knew the second I saw that headline that this forum would be innundated with idiotic rants about MS releasing this on PC.

For starters the xbox is most popular amongst pc gamers. PC/Hardcore gamers is who MS went after directly.

Also Halo was first supposed to be a PC only title at first. MS was smart enough to convince the developers to focus on the xbox first so as to have a window of exclusivity. Keep in mind by the time PC and Mac users have Halo, it will have been available on the xbox for 2 years, and we as xbox owners will likely be enjoying Halo2 soon therafter.

But does anyone around here bother to think before they post? No. I love this site, but it is full of chicken-little, omfg-the-sky-is-falling-and-will-probably-crush-my-xbox posts.

Here is my imitation of 83% of the posts in this forum:

"i herd that xbex is crappy nows and playstn2s er nbetter games cuz e3 there werr games and a magazine and my frend told me xbox sucks and they break and burnt down orfanages caus they overheat. i think im gonna sell mine. maybe i'll put up a survey to see if i shold sell it. what do you guys think. i dont know if i like xbrx enymore. do i ? i dont have my own opiion. someoine tell me what i think quik!"

You my friend, are a complete idiot. Your ignorance really shows in your two posts. MS isn't stupid. If they were, they wouldn't be the richest company in the world for the most part. I am sure they have reasons, and I'm sure those reasons are good. Get over it.

Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
    I think that was totally against me...my last post was a joke...jeez you freaking over react you loser
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT STAY THE HELL AWAY
    It helps if you use the quote button so we can tell just whom it is that you are refering to as a loser. Incidentaly, my post was not directed at you.

You guys make me laugh. PC gamers hate xbox all the way. If you think otherwise you are totally in the dark. Just read any PC gaming magazine and you can tell they hate the xbox. They don't want their beloved PC to lose it's ground. Ask someone who thinks of themselves as a hardcore PC gamer to play MOH on the xbox and they will laugh in your face. Saying that they are a true gamer and playing their PC games on the xbox is a waste of time.

I know you all love your xbox, but you have to face reality here. This won't win over any PC gamer and in fact who here now wants to get a upgraded PC so they can play Halo online with much more multiplayer support than the xbox version? I know most of you will.

Don't be a bunch of dummies. This WILL ruin it for the xbox.

Hidden Content

You guys make me laugh. PC gamers hate xbox all the way. If you think otherwise you are totally in the dark. Just read any PC gaming magazine and you can tell they hate the xbox. They don't want their beloved PC to lose it's ground. Ask someone who thinks of themselves as a hardcore PC gamer to play MOH on the xbox and they will laugh in your face. Saying that they are a true gamer and playing their PC games on the xbox is a waste of time.

I know you all love your xbox, but you have to face reality here. This won't win over any PC gamer and in fact who here now wants to get a upgraded PC so they can play Halo online with much more multiplayer support than the xbox version? I know most of you will.

Interesting. I'm a PC software developer and have been a PC gamer for years. Of the6 individules I know personally that own xboxes, 4 are also software developers and 1 is a macintosh network admin. Prior to owning xboxes we were all avid pc gamers (and some of us, including myself, still are).

Of course the pc game magazines bash the xbox. If pc gamers switch, they lose subscription and newstand dollars. If you owned a motorcycle magazine and realized all of your readers were buying cars also, wouldn't you talk trash about the automobiles? You argument lacks logic (as do many arguments on this site).

If you are truly worried about what could 'ruin' the xbox, its bad press. So stop posting it!

I can only speak for myself, but I for one am a pc gamer. Xbox is actually the first console I ever buy and I've been into gaming for over 10 years now. A good friend of mine is the same. And guess what.. we both own Xbox's.

Anyone who says they "are a true gamer" knows it doesn't make s4it of a difference wtf you're playing on as long as its fun. Its about games, not whatever you play them on.

Quit generalizing the whole gaming population and maybe your posts will have a touch more credibility to them.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Halo was the only reason to get an Xbox. Now the only reason to get the xbox is its graphics. PS2s best selling game was GTA3 and it was ported to the PS2 and GBA. Halo also must follow GTA3s path and go on the PC. Nintendos games will have the least chance of going to the PC becuase Nintendo wont allow it. Now I hope when Brute FOrce or Project Ego come out they will be the two reasons to get an Xbox. You cant count Xbox Live cause not that many people have broadband!!

ALSO Bungie will not be developing it for the PC. So it might suck. Also a differen developer is doing the MAC version. Just pray that the PC version will suck ass.
    Last edited by faceoff508; 07-12-2002 at 03:56 PM.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

First off, Mercury is an idiot.

Ok now that I got that out of the way, this won't hurt the Xbox one iota. For one thing, by the time it comes out for the PC (YIPPIE!!!) it would have been available on the Xbox for almost 21 months. The next version of Halo will probably already be out for the Xbox anyway as was touched on at E3.

I for one am very happy for this because now I can play Halo the way it should have been played. With a mouse and keyboard in a multiplayer environment that gives you way more than 4 people playing. (I don't count splitscreen since that is the worst way to play a game like this)

Like I said on the main page, summer of 2003 is a long time to wait so I'm glad we are getting UT2003 soon which should give us(PC gamers) plenty to do until Halo.

And don't forget, Halo is still exclusive to the Xbox and it is an awesome game on it.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Gearbox is doing the PC version they did a pretty good job on half life if i remember rightly.

I've been a PC gamer for years and Xbox is my first console and i love it. I doubt most PC gamers hate Xbox.

yeah, gearbox did "opposing force"

/me reads Halo box cover...
    "only on xbox".. That... hmmmmmm... How quickly they ate their words..

Originally posted by ALC
    yeah, gearbox did "opposing force"

/me reads Halo box cover...
    "only on xbox".. That... hmmmmmm... How quickly they ate their words..
    And it is ONLY on Xbox. Exclusivity only pertains to consoles, not consoles and PC's. Geeze, how many times does this have to be said?
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Originally posted by Lynxfx

And it is ONLY on Xbox. Exclusivity only pertains to consoles, not consoles and PC's. Geeze, how many times does this have to be said?
    Okay, I'm sorry .

anyway.,. If (apparantly) the reason everyone was buying xbox was Halo, then that wasnt a wise idea for microsoft.. maybe they should manufacture PCs instead.

Hopefully for us and microsoft, Xbox Live will be a big selling point

Thread Information