Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does your XBox Gaming set-up look like?

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default What does your XBox Gaming set-up look like?

I'm curious, what does everyone's gaming set-up look like?

I have a 36" Toshiba stereo T.V. in a seperate room in my house designated for gaming excellence. It's actually my den which also has my computer. But, this room will now be called the "XBox den" or "XBox room". Any better suggestions? It also has a three person couch with beer holders, and an extra chair that folds out for an extra buddy.

A surround sound stereo is in the plans...I should have it installed in a month or so. How about everyone else?

A sony wega tv, yahmaha dig stereo, couches and coffe table. My comp/game room is in the works.

Max call it the boxcave.... you know bat cave box cave.. lol

32" Sony Trinitron and an Onkyo dolby digital system. I also have a 21" inch Stereo TV that will serve as the "travel" TV set when I go play co-op HALO with a friend at his place or he can use it when he comes over to mine. I hate split screen and will use two systems/two TV's whenever possible.

Oh yeah, lest we not forget... muy mucho gaming titles on hand! My VISA card is already wincing in pain. But it hurts sooo good.

Sony Wega TV
    yamaha Dolby Digital / DTS Receiver
    Cerwin Vega towers for those moments when you need a lot of bass
    yamaha fronts, rears, center, and powered sub
    3-4 person couch
    2-3 person loveseat
    1 recliner
    2 coffee tables with a total of 8 beer holders (coasters to normal people)

and if the need arrises, i have a few nice video game chairs resembling beach lounge chairs - very comfy!!!

I got a 32" Sony wega.
    Sony Reciver(Dolby Surrond, and DTS)
    1 Subwoofer
    1 Centerspeaker
    4 tall speaker towers
    2 smaller front speakers

I have a nice black leather office chair directly in the center

[sp]...[Entertainment Center].....[sp]

.................... [Chair]................................

[sp]...............[Subw]..................[sp]

JBL 5.1 Digital surround DTS/DB (not really top of the line but it does the job). A good set of boston speakers

Epson EMP 810 2000 ANSI lumens, true XGA (1024 x 768) projector. Got a 32" TV as well but its not a wega or any thing good.

Oh yea and a big a** wall to project on. Screen size is around 6 to 7 foot long (IT goes way bigger but the rooms to small), 4 player split screens are amazing on it! all setup in my back room, home cinema you got to love it. But you got to love a home cinema with a Dreamcast set up on it, just that little bit more.
    Game play is every thing, nothing more nothing less

D A M N! You guys are true gamers. There's only one thing better than an XBox - a bad ass XBox set-up for an ultimate gameplay experience.

I need to catch up...I saw a sweet Sony Surround-sound stereo for $519.00. I plan on buying this in a month or so...it has two front end speakers, two rear end, a middle speaker, and a HUGE woofer for the bass. That package also comes with a killer amplifier. It's all silver, so you guys with Sony Wegas can appreciate that since the Wega is silver

I like that nickname, too...my "Boxcave"...that's tight Thanks, buddy. I am planning on making the room into a complete XBox theme... No posters without frames...they will all be framed...I want to make this room look posh since I am a hardcore gamer.

My den is killer, too. I have four phone jacks, and three cable jacks. This can maximize on-line gaming while having your buddies in the same room. So far, everyone has a sweet set-up....it's a must!

Plasticman

Originally posted by SquirrelJam
    32" Sony Trinitron and an Onkyo dolby digital system. I also have a 21" inch Stereo TV that will serve as the "travel" TV set when I go play co-op HALO with a friend at his place or he can use it when he comes over to mine. I hate split screen and will use two systems/two TV's whenever possible.

Oh yeah, lest we not forget... muy mucho gaming titles on hand! My VISA card is already wincing in pain. But it hurts sooo good.
    Squirrel, how do you like your Onkyo system??? I own one as well. I find that it's performs better than a lot of popular name systems. I'm using a "14 television to keep the res looking good. It's my game TV.

i'm using a fairly run of the mill tv, leather beanbag chairs, mini fridge near by , 16 point surround sound w/ four subwoofers (expensive!!!) hehhe thanks dad :o (i'm 13 so i dont really have that much $$$)
    XBOX=WIN
    Proud owner of PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube. ROCK ON!!!

Official MerimacHamwich "Smarty Mahn Numero Uno" Fanclub Member

Hidden Content

Ooh! That's an excellent idea! I need a beer fridge! After I get my surround sound system, a beer fridge will complete the room! Thanks for some ideas!

I might also think about getting another T.V. or two so we can maximize our LAN gameplay. No more split screens! This is going to be clutch....

Well the weekedn I get the xbox I will have a proxima going. We will be moving soon so when we are done I will be setting up more of a game room. There are alot of nice set ups out there. MMM beer, I wish I was home.

proxima xga
    1024 - 769
    16.7 million colors
    Last edited by scarecrow kfj; 10-26-2001 at 02:37 PM.
    Taliesin of "Omega Squad"

Games owned; GR, GRIT, Outlaw Volleyball, 2K3, Fever 2002, Matrix, Commandos, Halo, Splinter Cell, Brute Force, Fuzion Frezy, PGR, Tiger Woods 2003, Tetris Worlds, Crimson Skies

Waiting for; Links 2004, Rainbow 6, Counter Strike, Ninja Gaiden,

Scarecrow...I think I will take you up on the idea of calling my den the "BoxCave" but, first, I wouldn't mind hearing about some other ideas. Excellent idea! Does anyone else have any good ideas?

Whatever I decide on, I need to make a sign My wife might not like it...but, that's what kind of true gamer I am

XBox pride

Madison Square Garden

Where you come to "Box"

Games owned; GR, GRIT, Outlaw Volleyball, 2K3, Fever 2002, Matrix, Commandos, Halo, Splinter Cell, Brute Force, Fuzion Frezy, PGR, Tiger Woods 2003, Tetris Worlds, Crimson Skies

Dude! That's tight! You must be on-line the same time I am...hehe...work is bored isn't it, Scarecrow...I feel your pain...I'm at work, too

I will have to say that Madison Square Garden is cool...kinda long, though......but, very very do-able

-Max

Osama Says "Vote 4 Kerry" Hermes's Avatar

I have this 12'' TV that uses the RF hook-up; game sounds come from the tiny @ss built in 3'' speaker. The TV is in my bedroom. People have to sit on my bed. It's an all around sweet set-up.

Hermes...Well, I'm glad that you atleast play the XBox! But, 12 inches for a T.V. screen seems a little small for my taste...but, if that's all you have, then, hey dude....it does the trick!

Max I think we are on here alot at the same time. I think both names are good. I will try to think of some more for you.
    It sucks being at work on Friday, esp. when its slow. My friend has an old coke bottle machine with bottle opener and everything. I want that for my mini fridge .l o l

I have a brother who has an Arizona Ice Tea fridge...He has it in his finished garage and it lights up the whole room! It's pretty sweet. I think a nice Coors Light fridge would do better, though

hey hey hey its miller here.. lol My friends father who dosnt drink works for miller so we get lots of beer. Its great to be connected.lol

Hey, Miller does the trick...But, I'm still a Coors Light fan. With me turning 26, I'm experimenting with some new beers (new to me, anyway). I tried the following beers in the last few months (trying to figure out a good gamer beer ):

1. Sierra Nevada Pale (good), 2. Harps (good), 3. Bass (good), 4. Guiness (good if you like dark beer...I like a lighter pale, personally), 5. Rolling Rock (okay), 6. Blackstar (not too shabby), 7. Samual Adams Lagar (Pretty good), 8. Pilsner Urquel (Not too shabby), 9. Smirnoff Ice (Really good, but, only one is good - can give you heart-burn!!), 10. Petes Wicked Ale (Nice!) and Petes Strawberry blonde (that's good, too!) and Petes Winter Ale (Pretty good - comparable with Pyramid SnowCap - yummy ), and 11. Bottinger (dude, don't waste your taste buds on that one).

Don't worry, my kidneys are in good shape! hehe...I only had one of each...I'm trying to figure out which beer I'm going to celebrate with the first XBox gaming experience and what kind of beer I'm going to buy when my buddies come over to play Project Gotham, Amped, and Halo! It will be some good times

-Max

Thread Information