Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does your XBox Gaming set-up look like?

i have a 10 year old 20" TV that uses A/V plugs... i think it has stereo sound... it's pretty pathetic.

Harps is good. we also drink alot of leinie's which is made by miller. 20 inches isnt to bad. I started gaming on a black and white tv with no sound of course that was back in the days with atri and nitendo. Plus I had help credit was being my friend.. lol
    Taliesin of "Omega Squad"

Games owned; GR, GRIT, Outlaw Volleyball, 2K3, Fever 2002, Matrix, Commandos, Halo, Splinter Cell, Brute Force, Fuzion Frezy, PGR, Tiger Woods 2003, Tetris Worlds, Crimson Skies

Waiting for; Links 2004, Rainbow 6, Counter Strike, Ninja Gaiden,

Here in Utopia harmful things such as cars and Barny are no more. All who are worthy recive an Xbox, all others must buy any of the other unworthy systems such as PS9!

25", surround sound that (covers tv, vcr, 5cd/raidio deck, game systems), beanbag chairs, table, bar fridge...

"The X cave"
    "the box" (after all that's what it is)
    "X"
    "Off limits"
    Hidden Content
    think about it...
    an
    Xtremely Big Outrageous Xtravagant Worior
    will kill a
    Pathetic Slimeball... even when there are 2 of them....
    not to mention obliterate a
    Groaning, Aching, Miserable Elf, a Completely Unworthy Being, Everyday
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Ooooh! Thanks, man! "The Box" is nice...and so simply...The room is off-limits anyway...but, I have to hand it to you...another good one!

So far, I have to narrow the field down with "The Box", "Box Cave", "The X Crib", "The motherf-ing bad ass beat the sh-t out of your pathetic ass room" (that one is a little long, but, nice touch), and "Maden Square Garden" (nice touch, scarecrow)

Any way you look at it...it will be a nice set-up with the XBox at the center of attention

-Max

I like the box as well I dont know about the x crib though. sounds like something SNL or mad tv would have to spoof on the x files. I am happy it is time to go home. : )
    Taliesin of "Omega Squad"

Games owned; GR, GRIT, Outlaw Volleyball, 2K3, Fever 2002, Matrix, Commandos, Halo, Splinter Cell, Brute Force, Fuzion Frezy, PGR, Tiger Woods 2003, Tetris Worlds, Crimson Skies

Waiting for; Links 2004, Rainbow 6, Counter Strike, Ninja Gaiden,

36'' Panisonic Tv, Onkyo rack (onkyo EVERYTHING--and i mean turntables, cd,..... nothing has ever come close to onkyo, squirelljam and plasticman..)
    Bose 401 speakers baybe! 5.1, but i don't use the .1 . The bose speakers do a better job than a sub could a reproducing bass----it's mind-bloingly phenominal what they can do with a pair of direct/riflexting 6'' speakers. anyways, couches that fit a total 6, and it's all spread out in this huge 10' tall, 22x 26 foot room. and if your curious, yes, i like to have parties at my house. no i can't wait for that little black box....

squirell and plastic man, what speakers and wires do you have your onkyos going out to?
    As cool as the other side of the pillow.

Wondering Around

seeing as i probably wont be lucky enough to get on till after christmas, i should have a decent TV by then (one with s-video). Not to sure about the surround sound since i live in an apartment, i wouldn't be able to play it very loud. But my current tv is just a 25" with RF, so i gotta get something better.

Plasticman

Mine is hooked up to a pair of 6ft Nuance main speakers, and 3 surround. They're Canadian made, so if you're American, you may not have heard of them. They're powerful! I can crank my system, and put out practically no distortion. Cool thing about Nuance, is that they have a unusual lifetime gaurantee. This covers party damages, or intentional damages. So I could kick the crap out of them, and return them for repairs or replacement, or drop them out a window.

Oh, and my cables are DH Labs Silver Sonics.
    Last edited by Plasticman; 10-26-2001 at 10:22 PM.

I have a 32 inch Toshiba TV, not HDTV or anything, but it has S-video. It's hooked to a harman karden AVR 310 with a set of DCM KX 212s, DCM center, DCM subwoofer, and two JBL rears. I want to get an HDTV, but those **** things are expensive. There is a place in the stand reserved for an xbox, cords already attached to the receiver and everything.

Originally posted by Plasticman
    Cool thing about Nuance, is that they have a unusual lifetime gaurantee. This covers party damages, or intentional damages. So I could kick the crap out of them, and return them for repairs or replacement, or drop them out a window.
    that sounds tight! send me a link to their web page please.
    As cool as the other side of the pillow.

Plasticman

There's one drawback to Nuance, is that they don't advertise. They gain their popularity through the word. This is how they're able to afford the repairs and replacements. My pal has returned his several times this year. I don't know how they stay in business???? You can only get them at International Stereo(Canada).

The harmonics are incredible! Their cost runs pretty high as well. A 6ft pair with woofer and surround, can cost you up to $4500CDN. Are they loud? Very! I don't play them loud though. The weird thing about them is that they're not set up through wattage. The magnets in them are huge!! The power of these speakers all depends on the power of your amp.

Here's a link to IS's site: http://www.internationalstereo.com/, you can email them for more information.

I have a PHILIPS Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound w/350 watts and I have a PHILIPS 25" Component video tv.

small room =small tv....

I WISH THERE WAS A VGA ADAPTER
    that would be really cool
    HavinG ThE OptioN makes U StrongeR

******CYBER[X]REVOLT******

Plasticman

I agree. I probably wouldn't even use my stereo system for games. I'd much rather play games in the comfort of my room with my "14 TV and mini speakers. The res looks more rich on a small tv anyway.

pretty bland...

5 yr-old 32" sony tube. a 2 yr-old toshiba dd/dts receiver with six speakers from klh. i am using these for dvds, mostly at the moment.

eman

Just call it THE GREEN ROOM

Not Quite Merridian, Idaho - And YES the potatos are fine lol... no I'm not a hick, I'm a Californian who had to move here... LOL

lol u bastards make me feel poor i only have a 25 inch tv that is mono and its still pretty cool but i have to get a job darnit!!! i want a 56 inch hdtv that i saw but its way way to expensive... oh well...
    IusedtobeschizophrenicbutIwenttothedoctor...We'reOKnow.
    HeydontsayImcrazy!!!9outofthe10voicesinmyheadtellmeimsane...
    Bytheway,I'mdylsexic...butIfindthathiralious...soitsOK.

Do I need an HDTV to use the High Definition A/V Pack? I mean, c'mon my TV has component video inputs, isn't that all I need?
    Ahhhh, XBox™. The refreshingly green pick-me-up, with half the added side affects. Uhhhh, I think...

Plasticman

Wink

That's all I'll be using for my box. I don't see the purpose in hooking it up to a super system?? Could you imagine the power bill???? Bad enough when I watch a few movies and play a few songs, never mind 6hrs of gaming.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Plasticman...come on, dude! The power bill won't be THAT much more...You gotta get the hook-up! This is the most innovative system on the planet! It deserves the best...

I'm almost considering installing a 6 person hot tob in my XBox equiped room Just kidding...

-Max

Thread Information