Thread: XBox Extended Warranty.

Default XBox Extended Warranty.

Yeah, the guy at xbox technical support on the phone said that it would cost me $148 CDN +shipping tofix my xbox. I thought that was crazy and didn't accept it.

I thought that they gave youone year warranty, buy appearantly, it was only 3 months. I think Future Shop only gave me one month.

Anyways... Do you know if you can buy extended warranty even though you've had your xbox for more then three months?
    Do you know if you can buy extended warranty even though you've had your xbox for more then three months?
    Do you know if you can buy extended warranty even though you've had your xbox for more then three months?

Default 1 year

I bought mine from an electrical shop called Currys.
    And i have 1 year fromthe date on the receipt.
    As long as i've gotthat receipt i'm covered.
    (DRE) From the hood and i'm a hornet, and i'ma only sting when i'm cornered.

Default Re: 1 year

Originally posted by Dr X
    I bought mine from an electrical shop called Currys.
    And i have 1 year fromthe date on the receipt.
    As long as i've gotthat receipt i'm covered.
    Does that apply to most shops in the UK, or did you buy an extended warranty from them?

Default Re: Re: 1 year

Originally posted by thebruce

Does that apply to most shops in the UK, or did you buy an extended warranty from them?
    Yes, if you keep your receipt you have i year form the date of purchase.
    (DRE) From the hood and i'm a hornet, and i'ma only sting when i'm cornered.

Default Re: Re: Re: 1 year

Originally posted by Dr X

Yes, if you keep your receipt you have i year form the date of purchase.
    I think I'll call my future shop and ask how long their warranty on the system is.

But does anyone know aboot extended warranty. How much time after I've purchased my xbox do I have to purchase X warranty?

buy one, exchange the serial number tag with a heat gun. Return the broken one and let the store worry about it.
    .:Grab a Spoon:.

Originally posted by whoadae
    buy one, exchange the serial number tag with a heat gun. Return the broken one and let the store worry about it.
    lol... I was thinking aboot that! All last night was thinking aboot buying one of those steamer deallys and steaming the serial number off and replacing it with a new xbox. What's a heater gun?

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 1 year

Originally posted by wweomaniac
    I think I'll call my future shop and ask how long their warranty on the system is.

But does anyone know aboot extended warranty. How much time after I've purchased my xbox do I have to purchase X warranty?

If you are reffering too the 2 year warrenty that MS offers for the Xbox, you have to buy it within 10 days of the purchase.
    Hidden Content

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too, You'll fire your musket but I'll run ya through! So when your waiting for the next attack you'd better stand theres no turnin back.

The bugle sounds and the charge begins but on this battlefield no one wins, the smell of acrid smoke and horses breath as I plunge into certain death.

The horse he sweats with fear we break to run, the mighty roar of the Russian guns and as we race towards the human wall the screams of pain as my comrades fall.

We hurdle bodies that lay on the ground and the Russians fire another round, we get so near so far away, we wont live to fight another day.

We get so close near enough to fight, when a Russian gets me in his sight, he pulls the trigger and I feel the blow, a burst of rounds take my horse below.

And as I lay there gazing at the sky, my body's numb my throat is dry, and as I lay forgotton and alone without no fear I take my parting groan.

The young... and annoying Young_Fledgling's Avatar

that bites... i wish u could get the warranty whenever... cuz now it is to late for me

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1 year

Originally posted by Gimpy Mcgee

If you are reffering too the 2 year warrenty that MS offers for the Xbox, you have to buy it within 10 days of the purchase.
    Thanks for the info... I'm sorta sad. though my xbox still works, it scratches my discs... i don't know what to do.

The Trash Man

Default Yeah...

No you don't. Unless I am the only person on the planet that Bill Gates really truley loves, you can buy your Extended Warranty after the three month wears out...

I called within the three months to get mine fixed. Only 1 month after the warranty ran out they told me I needed to buy the extended. I bought, and now there are too many good games coming out to ship it off...

I figure when I buy a PS2 I will ship it off...
    *~The XBA Trash Man~*

**Taking The Trash Out**

Thread Information