Thread: Xbox's "Greatest Hits"?

Default Xbox's "Greatest Hits"?

Has anyone heard of the Xbox's version of "Greatest Hits"? Playstations requirements are the games needs to be out for 9months, and sell 4 hundred thousand copies. I figure Microsoft would do the same. The Xbox has been out 9 months in August. Does anyone know if Microsoft is doing a "Greatest Hits" sale? If so what games (besides Halo).

They are doing one cause for like a month my EB had a greatest hits version of Halo. It had this cool shiney case (like those pokemon cards). I think Hunter: The Reckoning and Outlaw Golf will be able to pull Greatest Hits. Probably Morrowind also
    Hidden Content
    ^Perfect Dark Only on Xbox^
    ^All your Rare Titles are belong to xbox!^

I havent heard of any type of greatest hits program for the xbox.
    Games I Own:
    JSRF
    Halo
    Blood Omen 2
    Morrowind
    World Series Baseball

About time that MS did this, if they do.

MS is losing so many sales to the PS2 to new console buyers because Sony can afford to throw out the "Platinum Price" games at basically half price. People see the games, and so many of them, a lot cheaper, so they go with the PS2.....

I would assume Halo, PGR and RSC as the first candidates for the cut price selling price, then it may start to gain ground against the PS2. Also those games might become that cheap due to the XBOX Live versions coming up for a few titles...

Default wtf!

goddam u guys, i was about to order like 6 sweet games, and then i read this. im a real penny pincher, esp, when it comes to plastic discs for $80.00 Canadian bucks! so any confirmed things yet?? lol
    chill out homes! $%$

Games I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metal gear solid 2: Substance, Max Payne, Deathrow, Rallisport Challenge, Hitman 2: Silent Assasin,
    The Thing, Gun Valkyrie, Amped: Freestyle, JSRF, Blood Wake, Wreckless, Enclave, Sega GT 2002, Blood Omen 2, Silent Hill 2, THPS 2X, Hunter: The Reckoning, All Star Baseball 2003, NHL 2002, NFL Fever 2002, NBA Live 2002

"Bought an xbox to nerd out and get away from drugs"

wtf..they already have greatest hits..it's just not called that..almsot half of the games about 39.99 or less..well in my area. I can get halo for 39.99, mgs for 25.99, there's about 20-30 games here that are 50..

It's because Sony didn't release the greatest hits 1 1/2 years after the system was released. Xbox hasn't reached that time yet. The main problem is, not man Xbox games have sold 400,000. I would say 200,000 means a game hould go greatest hits.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

doa3 should be a greatest hit! Just go to funcoland and pick them up used, or steal them from blockbuster.

From what I've heard, the Greatest Hits are:

Halo
    SegaGT
    JSRF
    Crazi Taxi 3
    NBA/NFL/NHL/NCAABB/NCAAFB 2K3
    Fever, Inside Drive
    Project Gotham Racing
    Rallisport Challenge
    Amped
    DOA 3
    Morrowind
    Hunter
    Max Payne
    MotoGP
    Nascar Heat
    Munch's Odysee
    Shenmue 2
    Splashdown
    ToeJam and Earl 3
    THPS3
    Wreckless

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Halo, Morrowind, Ghost Recon, and Splinter Cell.

So what's the deal with this whole Greatest Hits thing? You guys mean to say that XBox will be lowering the prices pretty much on all the best XBox games and putting "Greatest Hits" on each game they lower the price on? When are they doing this anyway?

Originally posted by Liquid Gears
    So what's the deal with this whole Greatest Hits thing? You guys mean to say that XBox will be lowering the prices pretty much on all the best XBox games and putting "Greatest Hits" on each game they lower the price on? When are they doing this anyway?
    I don't know whether they will be doing it or not. The thing is, Sony has a game become a greatest hit when it sells 400,000 copies. The problem is, not many Xbox games have reached that high. The number on Xbox would probably have to be 200,000.
    Now Playing

Man, I hope they do this deal soon. I wanna get Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding fast. The stores here in Edmonton might actually start selling it again because of this Greatest Hits thing.

Man, I hope they do this deal soon. I wanna get Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding fast. The stores here in Edmonton might actually start selling it again because of this Greatest Hits thing.
    There is no greatest hits yet. If there is, an announcement will be made.
    Now Playing

i would call it the Platinum Series cuz the greatest hits thing is so played...u know the sony guys will be screaming moronic things like MS is a copycat
    We need a love bomb, to just blow us away, to freakin' blow all the lights out, turning night to day, hear it from miles away, a chance to make it right now, f*ck what the government says,
    We gotta save some lives now, is that OK?
    Hidden Content
    [Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ]

R.I.P. DZNUTZ. One Man We'll Never Forget Hidden Content

bust a nut

well, nfl 2k3 was for 20$ at circut city, dunno if that was one of the greatest hits

Originally posted by irule23
    well, nfl 2k3 was for 20$ at circut city, dunno if that was one of the greatest hits
    If there was going to be a greatest hits, a special label would be on the game. NFL 2K3 hasbn't sold very well on Xbox.
    Now Playing

Halo
    SegaGT
    JSRF
    Crazi Taxi 3
    NBA/NFL/NHL/NCAABB/NCAAFB 2K3
    Fever, Inside Drive
    Project Gotham Racing
    Rallisport Challenge
    Amped
    DOA 3
    Morrowind
    Hunter
    Max Payne
    MotoGP
    Nascar Heat
    Munch's Odysee
    Shenmue 2
    Splashdown
    ToeJam and Earl 3
    THPS3
    Wreckless
    Thanks for crediting me!

Own:
    Halo, NBA 2K3, NFL 2K3, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, FIFA World Cup 2002, Tony Hawk 2x, Dead to Rights, Sega GT/JSRF, Two Towers
    Sold:
    Max Payne, Morrowind, NFL Fever 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Unreal Championship, NBA 2K2, Project Gotham Racing, Enclave, Hunter: The Reckoning, JSFR, Amped
    Want:
    BC, Blinx, Breed, Brute Force, Deus Ex II, Doom III, Fable, Halo 2, Loose Cannon, Mafia, Ninja Gaiden, Perfect Dark 0, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars Jedi Outcast, True Crime, GTA 3x(wishful thining, but I wanna own it). 2003 is gonna be the year of the XBOX!
    Hate:
    Unreal Championship, Project Gotham Racing, NFL Fever, NBA Inside Drive, WWF Raw, JSRF, SSX Tricky, Madden, NBA Live, Enclave, Bruce Lee, Smashing Drive, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Prisoner of War, more to come...

Shenmue 2 ...
    I find it very hard that Shenmue 2 would be one of them. It just came out in late October. That's only 3 months.

None of the games listed are greatest hits. Microsoft hasn't said there is. Plus Splashdown sold very poorly on Xbox. That is why the price was marked down right away. Splashdown sold only 15,000 copies on Xbox while the Playstation 2 version sold 210,000.
    Now Playing

Thread Information