Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm giving in, but boy am I glad I am

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Default I'm giving in, but boy am I glad I am

This thursday, Since my job has gotten a major rise in hours as of the summer, I am getting a PS2 and GTA3 and I CANNOT WAIT. I love my Xbox and will always cherrish it, will always consider it equal to the PS2 and will never sell it, but I couldn't Resist the Lure or games like GTA3, VF4, Devil May Cry, MOH: Frontline, and Brittneys Dance Beat (J/K about BDB) any longer. And with great games like GT3, TM:B, and Red Faction only being 25$, and the recent price drop, I couldn't resist, and I don't feel bad about giving in yet, and although I don't have it yet, I'm sure I'll be a very happy man this thursday. So, in closing, I just want to say, happy gaming, no matter what system(s) your playing on, Because, whether you want to admit it or not, you can't really go wrong with the big 3, no matter which one(s) you choose. Hell, I may even get a GCN soon also...

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Cool... but I dont see why GTA3 is so great. I know its fun to kill people but isnt that all you do. The missions are always the same (kill people) but diffrent people to kill. Isnt that a bad idea for a game, I could agree that its fun but it has no point to it. All you do is kill, have sex and kill more!!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

What do you think you do in halo? you shoot covenant and Flood. It doesn't vary much but it's still hella fun. It's not always about what you do, but how you do it. Oh, chilli, I really dont care that you don't care, because your just a spamming tard. I hate 1 sentence responses that give nothing to a conversation.

In Halo you have to strategize (Only if your playing on Heroic and Legendary) you have to out smart the very smart AI (lol). You think that becuase you only play it on Easy and Normal. But if you play it on legendary you will see what I mean.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

GTA3 is a fun, but repetitive game, how DARE you compare it to Halo.

Originally posted by y2kash_14
    GTA3 is a fun, but repetitive game, how DARE you compare it to Halo.
    The reviews say GTA3 is much better than Halo. But it only the critics. Right?

Originally posted by faceoff508

The reviews say GTA3 is much better than Halo. But it only the critics. Right?
    what review said that? I've never seen anywhere that Halo is better than GTA3, i dont really trust Reviews anyway though

Well, if gta3 was all you wanted, I'd say just buy it for the pc. Unless you have a POS comp.

10k.

Originally posted by y2kash_14

what review said that? I've never seen anywhere that Halo is better than GTA3, i dont really trust Reviews anyway though
    lol, probaby www.wehatexbox.com's reviews for those two games...

Well, PS2 is a fine choice. I have one myself...but I don't consider it equal to my Xbox. If the DVD player in the PS2 was better...it might come close...but the DVD player is incompatible with a lot of DVD's. There are a lot of good games out there...so I hope you enjoyed your choice. I'm happy you didn't sell your Xbox though (which seems to be the growing trend). Also...all the reviews I have read say Halo is much better than GTA 3.

Some People Just Love To Waste their Money On Two Year Old Systems...
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

GTA 3 - Great... but gets old
    Devil May Cry - Short.. IIRC, and no replay value
    MOH: Frontline - Aim sucks ****!
    -------------------------------------------------------------

PS2 is alright, but for those games its not worth it.

Let me see:

From IGN:

GTA3: 9.6
    Halo: 9.7

From Gamespot:

GTA3: 9.6
    Halo: 9.7

From Gamespy:

GTA3: 94/100
    Halo: 85/100

if i had a choice between buying the ps2 and gamecube, id buy the gamecube. it has so many great games and stuff. lol.

Originally posted by DOOM
    Some People Just Love To Waste their Money On Two Year Old Systems...
    But it's his chose to make good or bad and his money!! So let him waste it any way he choses to!!

Shocked Damn Fanboys

To all the people who say I'm wasting my money, your all just a bunch of fanboys, because you'd know that the PS2 has alot of great games, as does the Xbox and gamecube. I decided to get the PS2 over the GC because it has more games that I'd enjoy. AND, i'm not saying I like the PS2 more than the Xbox, so stop making **** up. I like them all, because, unlike some fanboys *Cough*Mike, doom, etc.*Cough*, I like games, not systems. and know, I'm not just getting the PS2 for those games. I just didn't feel like writing all the games I want. So, again, I'm not going to be a PS2 fanboy, unlike some of you, I like ALL systems and don't feel a need to defend my purchases unless provoked. Let me buy what I want, and, like mom used to say, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all

Default Re: Damn Fanboys

Originally posted by Jerred B
    *Cough*Mike, doom, etc.*Cough*
    Keep Coughing Buddy! Cause Soon Youll Have To Cough Up Another $140. For the PS2,HD & Another $40. For the Modem!
    Sure, I Like Games Too... I Like Them Too Look the Best they Can Be... Not The Way they Are Displayed On A Two Year Old Piece Of Hardware! Sheit, If It Was Only About The Games We Would All Be Still Using NES & The MasterSystem!!!
    Its Not About Being A FANBOY, Its About Having Common Sense!

Question

Doom, if you had actually read my post, or you need glasses, I'll make it bigger for you, I'M NOT SELLING MY XBOX, I just have a bunch of games that I love on the PS2 that I want to play. So, if I want to play online, I'll just use Xbox Live. and if all that matter to you is graphics, then your pretty sad my friend. And to everyone who's opinion is "XBox ROX, PS2 and GC SUXXX!!!!!" you have a right to your opinion, but that doesn't make it right, it just makes you look like a blind fanboy jackass. Why can't you admit that all the systems are good. There isn't THAT much differerce between the PS2, GC, and Xbox. Sure, it's very noticable, but just because the PS2 isn't as powerful as the Xbox, doesn't mean that the PS2 can't have good games, unless your idea of a good game is something with good graphics. I, on the other hand, like Substance. again, good gaming to every1, no matter what system(s) it's on. PEACE!!!

Originally posted by Jerred B
    it just makes you look like a blind fanboy jackass
    Whats With This Name Calling BS, Keep It Up! What Are You like 10?
    Dude, I Own A Game Shop! I Have All The Consoles Hooked Up To High Def TV's In My Shop For People To Demo... I Play & Watch Games 7 Days A Week, Mon Through Sun, 10AMto 9PM!
    I Know The Difference Man, Save It For A Freaking Newbie!
    Why Waste The Money On An Inferior System When You Can Use It To Get More XBOX Stuff! Sure Some Of The Games On PS2 Are Cool But Most Are Coming To XBOX Anyway!
    Last edited by DOOM; 07-16-2002 at 10:20 PM.

Thread Information