Thread: Let's get some up to date sales figures

Default Let's get some up to date sales figures

i've been away from the computer for quite some time and I have been wondering how the xbox is doing in sales compared to the ps2 and gc, namely the gc i'm curious as to if the gc still leads xbox in sales figures in the U.S. and to exactly how much better the xbox has been doing after the price cut, also if you could post links to these sites i'd appreciate that
    you can have my xbox, when you pry it from my cold dead hands

XBox has met and will surpass it's expectations.

Microsoft has revealed it has shipped 3.9 million units of its Xbox gaming console as of June this year.

Microsoft revealed during its sales and profit forecast that it has shipped 3.9 million units of its Xbox gaming console worldwide as of June this year. The company expected shipment figures between 3.5 and 4 million units. On a side note, the Sony PlayStation 2 has shipped 30.02 million units as of May 5, and the Nintendo GameCube has shipped 3.8 million units as of March.

GCN a lot more in Japan than MS.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default Re: Let's get some up to date sales figures

Originally posted by XBOX Dude
    i've been away from the computer for quite some time and I have been wondering how the xbox is doing in sales compared to the ps2 and gc, namely the gc i'm curious as to if the gc still leads xbox in sales figures in the U.S. and to exactly how much better the xbox has been doing after the price cut, also if you could post links to these sites i'd appreciate that
    In the US its second. Around the world its dead last
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Portable Mammogramistâ„¢ DrUnKtAnK's Avatar

Default Re: Re: Let's get some up to date sales figures

Originally posted by faceoff508

In the US its second. Around the world its dead last
    patients....my grasshopper, patients....
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high">Hidden Content quality="high" pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="180" width="470">

Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: Let's get some up to date sales figures

Originally posted by DrUnKtAnK

patients....my grasshopper, patients....
    what patients..What hospital you work in???

thanks for the sales figures faceoff508 i loved all the information you had to back that up i know it's in last world wide but i seriously doubt it's DEAD last. lighten up man
    you can have my xbox, when you pry it from my cold dead hands

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Originally posted by XBOX Dude
    thanks for the sales figures faceoff508 i loved all the information you had to back that up i know it's in last world wide but i seriously doubt it's DEAD last. lighten up man
    It just sold 3.9 in JUNE! Gamecube sold 3.8 in MaRCH. So it has to be ahead of the Xbox by a lot. Its common sense.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Originally posted by faceoff508

It just sold 3.9 in JUNE! Gamecube sold 3.8 in MaRCH. So it has to be ahead of the Xbox by a lot. Its common sense.
    No, they shipped that much, not sold it.

remember the price drops worldwide made XBox's FLY from the shelves! That was in may, wasn't it? Or was it March?

May/June. Takes a while for it to be in every store.
    The older a person gets, the less they care what they wear. Old people come up with some of the strangest clothing combinations you'll ever see. I think of it as "cancer of the clothing."
    --George Carlin

Microsoft didn't exactly meet its expectations.

Microsoft originally predicted 4.5 - 6 million Xboxes sold worldwide.
    Then, they decreased their expectations to abot 4 million sold.

The latest figures are that about 3.9 million have been shipped to retailers. (Less than that have actually been sold to consumers).

So Microsoft even missed their downgraded expectations.

Xbox is still doing well in the US though.
    It's doing better than GCN in the US, although GCN is doing better worldwide.

GCN had shipped 3.8 million by March, and that's before it was even released in the US.

The general estimates I've seen for the amount of consoles sold (worldwide) to date are: Xbox is about 3.5 million, Gamecube is about 5 million, and PS2 is approximately 30 million.

The general estimates I've seen for the amount of consoles sold (worldwide) to date are: Xbox is about 3.5 million, Gamecube is about 5 million, and PS2 is approximately 30 million.
    those are numbers I've never seen before. The most common numbers you see is

PS2 30mil

Xbox 3.9mil (which is meeting it's downgraded estmates...they estimated between 3.5 - 4mil)

GC at 3.5million

Thread Information