Thread: Ghost Recon (Xbox) vs. SOCOM (PS2) Which one do you think will be better?

Post Ghost Recon (Xbox) vs. SOCOM (PS2) Which one do you think will be better?

I haven't followed the PS2 gaming scene for a 3-4 months now so I don't know how SOCOM is turning out. I just know it's gonna be a launch online title for the PS2. Ghost Recon, however, is supporting system link, online play (including a co-op 6 player mode), and will have more weapons over the PC version. All in All looking like a very good title. So in your opinion:

Which one will have the best offline play? (i.e. Single player, multiplayer, most enjoyable experience for those broadband deprived)

Which one will be better online? (i.e. XBL vs. a TBA server, online modes)

I just haven't followed up on SOCOM at all and I have a PS2 as well I just don't know if I should even buy it if Ghost Recon will blow it out of the water. Signing off...

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Sorry to break it to ya but Ghost Recon is coming to the PS2 also.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

let me play them both..then i will get back with you...
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

I've played Ghost Recon. Its pretty good. I can't imagine that anyone will say that about the ps2 version though.

Based actual gameplay footage that I have seen so far I think SOCOM looks better. Its to early to really say though I think.

Ghost Recon.... DUH!

I'd have to say navy Seals looks like a really good looking game. graphically, it seems very detailed. Ghost Recon came out a long time ago, and sure it was good at the time, but I'm sure everyone has played it on PC and are waiting for soemthing new. i would go with SOCOM if I had a PS2.

Long ago, in a galaxy far far away..., the soul of the Xbox was thrown into My Hands.

Ghost recon is a bad ass game. I cant wait to play some co-op with the head sets!

"Good Bye"

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

wow u are so smart coming into a xbox site and asking whether a ps2 or xbox game would be better.of course we are gonna say gr becoz thats what we love these sort of questions are supposed to be asked on multi console forums not xbox only forums.it's like asking who is better?xbox or ps2???

Ghost Recon
    juliuscaesar, the powerful emeror of rome

GAMES I OWN:
    HALO, NHL 2002, NHL HITZ 20-02, NBA INSIDE DRIVE 2002, 2002 FIFA WORLD CUP, NFL FEVER 2002, DAVE MIRRA FREESTYLE BMX 2, SIMPSONS ROAD RAGE, SHREK, MOH:Frontline

Thread Information