Thread: donkey kong for xbox

Smile donkey kong for xbox

i thought about this earlier when i was thinking about donkey kong on the n64 and thought that it would be pretty awsome to have a donkey kong game for xbox cause i like the donkey kong games
    Hidden Content

Props to lllSmokelll for the sweet sig

I'm a big fan of DK myself, and I think that would be a great idea.
    The older a person gets, the less they care what they wear. Old people come up with some of the strangest clothing combinations you'll ever see. I think of it as "cancer of the clothing."
    --George Carlin

donkey kong is cool but it well never be on the xbox.

Ahh - Donkey Kong. Brings back alot of fond memories from my arcade days. While I always loved DK as a kid, I was less than impressed with the DK game on the N64. I don't think there is much chance of this coming to Xbox tho as DK is a Nintendo character right up there with Mario and Zelda.

By the way, wasn't the original DK where Mario first made his gaming appearance?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

This is why we need MAME for the XBOX.

No way it's gonnna be on Xbox....Nintendo is not taht stupid giving other companies the first chance....Of course DK will be on GameCube first!
    HALO: FPS Evolved

Hidden Content

Games I've Owned: Halo: Combat Evolved | MotoGP: The Ultimate Racing Technology
    "Can't Wait" List: SegaGT 2002 | Halo 2 | Blinx: The Time Sweeper | Project Ego | Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Official XBA "Swear Free" person.
    Official XBA "PS2 Guys" hunter.

We need one DVD with 100 games...old arcade games including Mat MAnia, Tag Team Wrestling, Wrestlefest, and all the standard faves like DK, Pac Man, Dig Dug, and Galaga.

Donkey Kong is exclusive to Nintendo, but i dont see why, DK64 wasnt very good, the super nintendo one was really the best, I really would like to see the one comin out for GC though, if they push the graphics to the max.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Originally posted by Marc
    We need one DVD with 100 games...old arcade games including Mat MAnia, Tag Team Wrestling, Wrestlefest, and all the standard faves like DK, Pac Man, Dig Dug, and Galaga.
    there is gunna be a dvd with classics on it. but its namco museum and i think it only has 11 games and theres 2 versions of every game and 3 version of pacman or sumthin so theres only like 4 games. and i dont really care for donkey kong. if there is a dk game im sure itll be on gamecube and we have way better games. if dk ever did come out i doubt i would buy it.

The only way you ever see DK on the box is if M$ bought out or merged w/ Nintendo..(never happen)
    To die...

To Die.. Wrecked..

To Di reCT FiLmssssssssssssssss!!!

Originally posted by Marc
    Namco is coming out with a Namco Museum game disc for Xbox, with pac-man (including variants), dig dug, pole postion, etc.

not 100 games...more like 14 or so

I would liek to see a party game like a game show (you dont know jack but spuced up and more exciting

how about a game like "nickelodeon's double dare" where you have teams that answer questions AND do litte activities....it would be a good mix of like fuzion frency with you dont know jack.

it would be something too "nitchy" maybe....but fun if done right

dude forget DK

if we get DK, that means we get RARE

if we get rare that means we get their

goldeneye (remake? xbox? PLEASE!?!?!)
    perfect dark (drool)
    jet force gemini (might be cool)

o yeah and perfect dark again
    XBOX=WIN
    Proud owner of PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube. ROCK ON!!!

Official MerimacHamwich "Smarty Mahn Numero Uno" Fanclub Member

Hidden Content

ZGXB - tml*****s.com Integra Man's Avatar

donkey kong brings back the greatest memories ever! my favorite is the one for snes. i didnt really like the one for n64 cause i found it too hard to play. but donkey kong is one of nintendos trademark so that would be a no no. i doubt it would come
    YOUR # 1 Maple Leaf Community
    Hidden Content Sign Up Today!

well if nintendo decides to go the way of sega and quit hardware and go all out on multiplatform software (they are actually considering this, in case you haven't heard!!!) we would probably end up getting rare which would be sweet!!!
    XBOX=WIN

Hidden Content

and where did u hear this Superdogg? link?
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

you guys must not have heard the news (referring to the posts by supperdog). Rare is no longer Nintendo exclusive, although the DK Liscence is. Rare is now gonna make multi-console games. I think right now Microsoft and Sony is fighting for right to Perfect Dark Zero.
    Last edited by y2kash_14; 08-03-2002 at 11:40 PM.

is that official or is that the old rumor thing about the christmas presents shaped like different systems?
    XBOX=WIN

Hidden Content

It's official, its been in numerous magazines

I know, why are ppl desiring for the impossibles? Donkey Kong, obviously it's from NINTENDO.....NINTENDO have their own systems, so Xbox will NEVER be able to recieve Donkey Kong. End this thread already....
    HALO: FPS Evolved

Hidden Content

Games I've Owned: Halo: Combat Evolved | MotoGP: The Ultimate Racing Technology
    "Can't Wait" List: SegaGT 2002 | Halo 2 | Blinx: The Time Sweeper | Project Ego | Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Official XBA "Swear Free" person.
    Official XBA "PS2 Guys" hunter.

Thread Information