Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem: Constant Effect on Enchantment

Default Problem: Constant Effect on Enchantment

When I went to go enchant, I wanted to give it a constant effect. I was trying this on armor. Actually, the constant effect didn't work on ANYTHING.

WHY CAN'T I PUT CONSTANT EFFECT ON ANY ENCHANTMENTS I MAKE?

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

Default This is Probably Redundant, but . . .

It only works if you have a Soul Gem that contains an Ascended Sleeper or Golden Saint (I'm guessing Vivec would work too). Anything other than that and you won't be able to make an item with a Constant Effect.

Also, is it me or do certain constant effect spells not work? I created a Robe that had a Detect Animal enchantment on it and it didn't work.
    Hidden Content
    Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Leave it to Americans to think that "no" means "yes," "****ed" means "angry," and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!"

thanks, ill try to find that, u said it was in vivec?

also, where can i find a fortify spell? i have another post on it. i just need a spell that fortifies ANY ATTRIBUTE. u know where i can find one?

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

I meant that Vivec's soul could be used to make a Constant Effect item. You won't find any Golden Saints or Ascended Sleepers in Vivec.
    Hidden Content
    Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Leave it to Americans to think that "no" means "yes," "****ed" means "angry," and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!"

durrrrr common sense
    ::slaps himself::

but uh...vivec's soul? i dont think ive heard of this. im probably understanding this wrong

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

vivec is a god who lives in vivec (what a coincidence!).

you can find his shrine at the temple canton. his door is locked 100 pts, and i don't think enchanted items/scrolls/spells will open it (so use a lockpick).

Originally posted by frostedflakes
    vivec is a god who lives in vivec (what a coincidence!).

you can find his shrine at the temple canton. his door is locked 100 pts, and i don't think enchanted items/scrolls/spells will open it (so use a lockpick).
    ah, i got a 100 pt open spell anyways. thanks. so uh..he ummm...sells these uh...gems?

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

no, you catch him in a soul gem (use a grand gem). good luck killing him though. if you are a good archer, you might stand a chance. one day i took him on just for kicks. i just dodged his fireballs and pumped him full of arrows. unfortunately i ran out of arrows before i was able to take him down.

1st problem, i can't find the temple canton
    2nd problem, where can i get an open grand soul gem?

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

1. it's the farthest south of all the cantons. if all else fails, try asking around (if you're really having a tough time finding it, ask the lady in the top floor of arielle's trade house in seyda neen about it. she'll mark all the cantons on your map for you).

2. eh, i'm not sure. maybe try looking around at some apothecaries or in the mages guilds. i found 3 of them in a temple on one of my quests (the one to find the bitter cup). the temple is in the northernmost area of vvanderfell (just south of vos i think).

no no, i know where the temple canton is, but where is the room?

illill first try apothecracies, then that temple near vos

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

I think you can soul trap Lord Vivec. He is very very tough guy. Before you fight with him, buy a lots potions of quality healing (a least 20 in my way). When he strikes you, you are damage by all four spells for unlimited time (fire, frost, poison, shock) even if you are resist. Soul trap are only for 60 sec. You can kill this guy in 60 sec.
    Back into the world of gaming.

try fighting him with the umbra sword, cause each time you hit him it will cast soul trap.

i could probably beat him, but i can't even find an empty grand soul gem!!!

WHERE CAN I FIND AN EMPTY GRAND SOUL GEM?
    CAN I TRAP A DREMORA INSTEAD AND STILL HAVE CONSTANT EFFECT?

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

Registered User daedric warrior's Avatar

you can find 2 empty grand soul gems at tel fyr right across from to the left of sadrith mora on your world map. there is also one at the dren plantation villa. anything else let me know.
    I slay all that dare to stand before me.

hmm...ill check tel fyr. ive been there before, got the crescent. i dont remeber seeing one though. is it near fyr upstairs? or in the corpusarium? or just in the hallways? i give it a look. otherwise, ill go to drens.

DO YOU THINK A DREMORA COULD GIVE ME CONSTANT EFFECT?\

[EDIT] i dont want to kill vivec, maybe he is a part of the main quest or somethin

[EDIT AGAIN] ok, i found the grand soul gems

but my question still remains: DO YOU THINK A DREMORA IN A GRAND SOUL GEM COULD GIVE ME A CONSTANT EFFECT?
    Last edited by CALzinger; 07-27-2002 at 08:57 AM.

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

ehh, dremora wont work
    so u guys say that a golden saint would work

um..WHERE CAN I FIND A GOLDEN SAINT DUDE?

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

The Great One

Cool Golden Saints

You can get a summon golden saint spell from a guy in Tel Branora. Check the 'Summoning glitch' thread for a good way to summon a creature permanently. Then, its just a matter of soul trapping your summoned golden saint.

There is one on an island NE of Dagon Fel. You kill it as part of the quest to get Azura's Star(the best soul gem in the game. re-usable and can hold any soul).

To make a constant effect enchantment, only golden saints and ascend sleepers(and vivec himself) will work. However, there is a trick that once you have everything set for a constant effect, you can switch out the grand soul gem for another and still get the constant effect(as long as the 'charge cost' isn't higher than the number of charges the gem gives).
    I am the YETI!!!!

Default Re: Golden Saints

Originally posted by Dulacc
    You can get a summon golden saint spell from a guy in Tel Branora. Check the 'Summoning glitch' thread for a good way to summon a creature permanently. Then, its just a matter of soul trapping your summoned golden saint.

There is one on an island NE of Dagon Fel. You kill it as part of the quest to get Azura's Star(the best soul gem in the game. re-usable and can hold any soul).

To make a constant effect enchantment, only golden saints and ascend sleepers(and vivec himself) will work. However, there is a trick that once you have everything set for a constant effect, you can switch out the grand soul gem for another and still get the constant effect(as long as the 'charge cost' isn't higher than the number of charges the gem gives).
    for this erm...azura's star quest, what is it from? the main qeust? what guild quest? cause i want to get this gem but i dont want to ruin the prophecy.

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

apothecracies what is that? and where in drens villa is one i took out the whole place and didnt see one,and how do u get to tel fyr ?

Thread Information