Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Has No Pulse

Plasticman

Default Microsoft Has No Pulse

I think they're dead. I've just seen a GameCube commercial, and though it sucked, it's still a commercial. I predict Microsoft will show the Xbox commercials 2 minutes before the Xbox launches, like they did with XP. Only instead of playing Ray of Light, they'll play Crash And Burn by Savage Garden. Take your time guys, there's no rush, Xbox is only 2.5 weeks away. On Nov. 15th, I'll upgrade my PC.
    Last edited by Plasticman; 10-26-2001 at 12:01 AM.

Plasticman

I'd really like to know wtf they are doing over there???? Are they asleep? When you say more games for you, does that mean they won't sell??

I guess M has become very inflated. I suppose they think they can advertise whenever and still come on top?? I say, fire the whole Xbox team, and rebuild it with guys who are serious gamers, and serious about kicking ass. Not a group of Vikings moping around the high seas with their sail down.

I'm still getting an Xbox, but I'm rather annoyed with how they're handling the Xbox publicity like an OS.

Plasticman

I see your point. It was my thought as well, but when you have several GameCube fanatic saying that Xbox has no money for marketing, it becomes quite aggrivating. Helps if I read!

Btw Jeremy, did you see that Rallisport Challenge video I posted??
    Last edited by Plasticman; 10-26-2001 at 12:27 AM.

Well lets see. hmmmm I see xbox on taco bell comer. it dosnt do much justice but repetative showings creates a market. Also in several gaming mags there are advertisements. Also xbox will be in the next issue of GQ. granted it is a slow start but it is out there. Also with all the talk and word of mouth there dosnt need to be much. GCN needs to be put out there a bit more since it has been quiet during this whole time. Plus whats the point to advertise when all the preorders keep getting baught up? no one will be able to get one for some time any how.
    Taliesin of "Omega Squad"

Games owned; GR, GRIT, Outlaw Volleyball, 2K3, Fever 2002, Matrix, Commandos, Halo, Splinter Cell, Brute Force, Fuzion Frezy, PGR, Tiger Woods 2003, Tetris Worlds, Crimson Skies

Waiting for; Links 2004, Rainbow 6, Counter Strike, Ninja Gaiden,

Originally posted by Plasticman
    I'd really like to know wtf they are doing over there???? Are they asleep? [....]
    I think two things are going on...one, they're still waiting (attention spans are pretty short nowadays)...and two, they don't want to overhype it, and end up with problems like the PS2 launch had. I think that the major push will be around the Christmas buying season, and advertisement over the next month or so will be pretty subdued. I base this on a conversation overheard with a guy working for the folks who are doing MS's marketing (TMG, I think). He made these points -- that MS absolutely does not want to overhype, that they learned from the PS2 launch debacle, and that the main thrust will come near Christmas. Right now, they're going to be satisfied to have a smooth launch and get a fair %age of the hard-core gamers. They'll target the casual ones around Xmas.

Great points, Melt and Jeremy.

Melt, I like what you said about the possible de-emphasis on launch and more of a focus on a successful holiday season as a whole. This makes clear sense to me.

Total xbox success will not be defined by a one-time event. Success is not a one-time thing, it's an ongoing endeavor.

Don't get me wrong. Launch day is important and will be the kick-off in an important first game of a whole successful season.

Sony failed with their kickoff. They then fumbled the ball, couldn't come up with the goods, the fans were mad, everyone got penalized and they never quite recovered. They had no game plan.

All Sony did in the beginning was talk trash about how great they were and then dropped the ball when push came to shove; an embarrassing debacle, to say the least.

Anyway, I think you're on to something. Secretly, I'd like to have a quiet launch, for selfish reasons. I want to make sure that I get an xbox on Launch-day.

i live in canada! better yet i live in PEI ahahah you'll never find it!!!

LOL the only advertising i have seen it the little thingys on shopning carts at wallmart they have that big green X and comming nov. 15 Mick-row-soft better bet working =)
    Hail, O XBOX, virgins I sacrifice unto you
    "Hope you enjoy the victory WITH ONE FREAKING EYE"
    Hidden Content TheCCC

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Dude! Where is the Rallisport video? I have to check this out!

-Max

Originally posted by SquirrelJam
    Melt, I like what you said about the possible de-emphasis on launch and more of a focus on a successful holiday season as a whole. This makes clear sense to me.

[....] Secretly, I'd like to have a quiet launch, for selfish reasons. I want to make sure that I get an xbox on Launch-day.
    Yup. Makes for better odds at Taco Bell, too.

Default Hey Maximus:

The link to the RalliSport vid is located in another thread.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/sho...&threadid=1771

I've a little trouble getting this ftp properly. I just went for it now (lo res). I have 2hrs and 43mn left in my downlaod.

Thanks Squirrel...how can I download this instead of playing it from the internet?

if the xp launch is any indication of how microsoft's marketing works, we will probably start seeing xbox commercials about a week before the launch. however, in xbox's case, its launch was delayed a week, so it could be 11/1, maybe.

that is odd that u say no adds, cause in the last week i have seen x-box on tv about 6 or 7 times. and they got an add for it in game spy arcade, that's a good idea.
    x-box will be the victor

Plasticman

I said Xbox commercials, not Taco Bell, and not Tech TV crap! An Xbox commercial.

okay, how can i make it more clear... I... HAVE.... SEEN... X-BOX... ADDDDDDDSSSS... ON..... TV...JUST X-BOX...!
    x-box will be the victor

PIMP

What?!?! Did somebody say something about the xbox being delayed a week?

-Matt

Well, fellow gamers...I haven't pre-ordered my XBox yet because I plan on doing the camping thing....but, I DID pre-order Halo and Amped last weekend!

I actually went to Toys R' Us for the first time last weekend...and I, unfortunately, was caught with an unpleasant surprise. The kioske was in bad shape...it was playing demos but about every 5 seconds, it would freeze for about 3 seconds, and then go back to normal. This got really annoying.

I actually got to play the demo for Munch's Oddeysee....It was great! I learned to get past the glitches and tried focussing my attention on the game...I realize that this was a demo, but, a great demonstration of how cool this game is going to be.

I noticed XBoxAddict adding an update saying that the kiosks were accidentally messed up...This was good news to me as I was, admittingly, a little worried about the finished product. Whew!

I'm still more pumped than ever about the XBox on November 15th!!!! I also held the controllers for the first time....It was like a taste of heaven in my hands! PERFECT FIT!!!!!!! I'm diggin' this!

Plasticman

You may want to be careful, we don't even know how many units we're getting.

Plastic...who were you referring to in your previous post? If it was me, what do you mean?

-Max

Plasticman

I meant that if you're camping out, the amount of units we get could be enough to just fill prebooks, making the camp-out useless. Unless you're camping out to get your preorder?

The way the store works where I filled my prebook, is on a first on the list basis. So basically, Xbox units will be put aside for the first group of people that signed their names on the list. So I'll be getting an Xbox, as I'm 5th on the list. They'll only hold it for a week though.

I waited in line for 5hrs for Phantom Menace tickets, only to be disappointed. I did camp out for Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back. Heck, I still got he tent we used that day. Oh, those were the days.

Thread Information