Thread: metal gear solid : substance

Default metal gear solid : substance

wat the hell, i thought that this game was only coming to the XBOX, i went to gamespot to see if they had some good screens of it and it said
    metal gear solid : substance (ps2)
    metal gear solid : substance (XBOX)
    this is bull**** wat the hell is going on!!!!!!!!!!!
    Xtreme is nothing,
    XBOX is everything

i know it sucks ass

when i first heard it i thought it was only for xbox too but then i found out its also for ps2

they probly did that cause they would have good sales with ps2 and xbox
    Hidden Content

Props to lllSmokelll for the sweet sig

MGS2: Substance is coming out on the X-Box, PS2 and PC. The X-Box will be getting it first and the PS2 and PC will be getting it at the end of Spring next year. The PC version of the game will be a direct port from the PS2 version and Hideo Kojima commented on the X-Box version being better then the PS2 version.

MGS2: Substance will only be a couple month exclusive on the X-Box and well, I don't really care. Remember guys, Snake doesn't swear alligence to any console. Remember the E3 with Snake opening MGS2 for the X-Box. "Changing sides? I don't recall ever being on yours." - Solid Snake. Anyways, I hope the X-Box version will look and play better then the PS2 version. If you don't like it then there's always Splinter Cell.
    Proud owner of Halo: Combat Evolved

I am glad that MGS:S will come to Xbox first Tinny! Thanks for the info.
    HALO: FPS Evolved

Hidden Content

Games I've Owned: Halo: Combat Evolved | MotoGP: The Ultimate Racing Technology
    "Can't Wait" List: SegaGT 2002 | Halo 2 | Blinx: The Time Sweeper | Project Ego | Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Official XBA "Swear Free" person.
    Official XBA "PS2 Guys" hunter.

you guys only see this for a single platform perspective. I knew, and every PS2 gamer knew that it was announced for PS2 at e3 also.

Anyway... it is true that MSG2S will come out on PS2 and PC way way after, but this could give them time to add a lot of extras to their version oh no! But that is a wide spread of time between when XBox gets it and when Ps2 gets it so many PS2 gamers may want to buy an XBox.

This game will definitely be a most wanted 9even though Spliter cell looks much better. I understand that though sicne MSG is such an amazing series.

good to know that its comeing to xbox first cause we get to get it and play it before those ps2 people
    Hidden Content

Props to lllSmokelll for the sweet sig

Originally posted by wweomaniac

Anyway... it is true that MSG2S will come out on PS2 and PC way way after, but this could give them time to add a lot of extras to their version
    Actually I don't think thats the case for this game. Hideo Kojima said in a OXM interview something along the lines of:

"Substance will be a X-Box exclusive for a couple of months before it comes out on the PS2 and PC. The X-Box version will definately look better [Bump mapping in places not on the PS2] then the PS2 version and there are more modes on the X-Box version then there are in the PS2 version."

Blah Blah.

"Substance is going to read off the internal clock, so, if you're playing at night it will be night time in the VR stage. Or perhaps the weather will change. So it's weird, because it's comining real-life environment with the games'."

I am wondering about the internal clock one... I hope Kojima will forgive me for not believing in him. I will eat my words when the X-Box can perform. But till then, I am just looking forward to MGS2: Substance's main game.
    Proud owner of Halo: Combat Evolved

Originally posted by Tinny

Actually I don't think thats the case for this game. Hideo Kojima said in a OXM interview something along the lines of:

"Substance will be a X-Box exclusive for a couple of months before it comes out on the PS2 and PC. The X-Box version will definately look better [Bump mapping in places not on the PS2] then the PS2 version and there are more modes on the X-Box version then there are in the PS2 version."

Blah Blah.

"Substance is going to read off the internal clock, so, if you're playing at night it will be night time in the VR stage. Or perhaps the weather will change. So it's weird, because it's comining real-life environment with the games'."

I am wondering about the internal clock one... I hope Kojima will forgive me for not believing in him. I will eat my words when the X-Box can perform. But till then, I am just looking forward to MGS2: Substance's main game.
    thanks tinny for clearing that up.

Default this game kicks butt

this game is going to be huge and epic all around. i dont care wether it goes to other platforms or not i'm still geting it for Xbox.

Thread Information