Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA 2003 Dynasties

I just completed my first season with Clemson and won my first national title! I changed the schedule and added texas and tennessee to make the schedule harder. Florida State and Tennessee were my toughest games, 10-0 and 20-17. The main reason I'm so happy about it though is that Miami had me beat in the Fiesta Bowl national championship game. They were ahead because they took the lead 14-13 with 50 seconds left in the game. I threw a couple of 15-20 yard passes and hit a lucky 54 yard field goal as time expired to win 16-14. The only thing is, I got the coach of the year, Fiesta Bowl trophy, and national championship, but no ACC trophy. I know I won it, but it doesn't show up in the trophy room, so that part sucks. Anyways, I'm pretty happy and about to start my off season.

One other thing, I was ranked #4 in the coach's poll, but 1 in the bowl rankings. At the start of the game it showed Miami as #1 and me as #4. Weird...

Gamerscore Whore

Looks like some great dynasty stories coming out of this game. Keep it coming guys, I love reading what you guys are accomplishing. I'll let ya know what happens after my third season is complete. ULM and PSU won their first games ranked at #10 and #7. So will beinteresting to see if I can get a ULM, PSU national championship game. But who will I take in that game!!!! LOL!

I'm into my 2nd season, but my recruiting sucked. I supposedly had the best draft class, but I have holes in the offensive line and running back positions, not to mention my secondary. My first three games were at Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Nebraska. Oklahoma was ranked 1st when I played them and I was 7th. I beat them 49-24 just because I threw the ball so much and was able to stop them some. My ranking shot up from 7 to 1 after that game. I beat Notre Dame 41-7 and Nebraska 38-3, so all I have to do now is beat FSU and the loser teams in the ACC and I should have my second national championship. We'll see. I had a ton of people interested in coming to Clemson, then they mostly signed with other schools. The RB and T positions are killing me. My QB gets sacked like ten times a game. I'm playing on Heisman level, so maybe that's why recruiting was so hard.

SU is now 7-1 in my second season and I'm at an all-time high in the rankings. Ranked 11 and 15 in the country. Very exciting.

My freshman WR is awesome. He leaped right into the starting lineup and I now have Morant and this guy (tally) tearing it up along with Reyes, my HB who just squeeked in this week in the "best RB" category!!

I am currently penciled in to play in the Orange Bowl.... WOO- HOO
    However, with 3 games to go, (one of them miami), it could all be flushed down the toilet with one bad day on the field.

Despite how good I'm doing this season, my secondary SUCKS. Does anyone else have this problem? Teams just rip apart my secondary. I am consistantly giving up 300+ yrds passing. I thought maybe I was just playing some great passing teams, but when Temple shredded my secondary, I had to take a closer look. The Temple QB has a 68 rating!!!!! That is not shredding material in my eyes. My secondary is average, at best, but, I did add a freshman stud CB and I seem to have gotten worse, not better.

How's everyone else doing in their secondary?
    Last edited by robnyack; 08-12-2002 at 09:31 PM.

Gamerscore Whore

So far I have 12 picks in for my team. I'd say about 7 of those are the secondary and I am in week 7. But there are times that i do get burned , mostly because I go for the ball and not the receiver. Next thing I know he's past me and running downfield. On average I give up 240 yds toall offense per game. So yes there are games i get toasted left and right and then there are games I don't . I did get a freshman by the name of Buchanon, he's now a sophomore, and his career toal INT's is 8. 5 his freshman year and 3 so far this year.

BTW, did you guys ever get the on screen display "User Pick". i think this happens when the user actually intercepts the ball without CPU help. I have seen it about 3 times. It displays at the bottom of the screen "User Pick" at the instant of the INT. Is there anywhere I can see how many INT's that I, the user, actually picked?

Well off to play some more NCAA!!!! Getting the urge for NFL now!! Come on 2K3!!!

cougar,

yea, I got that "user pick" for the first time the other day. I was wondering if maybe that's what it always says, but I just never noticed it.

Alot of my getting burned has to do with me trying to switch to my lineman or LB who is just about to get to the QB. I like to switch to them and dive to try and make sure I get the QB. Problem is, many times when I do that, instead of switching to the guy closest to the QB and diving, I end up switching to the defender of the guy the ball has just been thrown to and I make him dive. Receiver catches the ball, I'm lying on the ground, and it's 6 points for the bad guys

gotta work on that.

just bought the controller S. I think I like it.

robnyack: I used to do that dive thing all the time. I still do it occassionally. No way to stop but concentration. If I'm not careful I find myself diving all over the place.

I got a 5 star FS, a 5 star QB (scrambler), a 5 star center, a 5 star corner, and two 5 star outside linebackers that are red shirted. I had to start my 5 star RE immediately. I still have serious issues with the tackles, guards, and running backs. No talent and no redshirted people to help next year. MY MLB is a freshman and he sucks, so my senior OLB is playing middle this season. I had a ton of guys who were "interested" in Clemson, mainly a running back and two tackles, but they didn't sign. If I can finish the season winning with my QB, I should be set for a while if I can fix those holes.

9-1 now, ranked 9th and 10th in the country.

playing much better on D last couple games. Just played Va Tech (6-2, ranked 23rd) and blew them out 42-0. My first shutout. Held them to a total of 147 yards offense. Nice.

Game before that, stuggled to a 21-14 victory against Rutgers(!!), but still, D was pretty solid. So, D is playing better. Mainly because I have made a solid effort to NOT switch to the guy who is just about to get to the QB. Too risky.

Reyes, my junior HB, is now 2nd in the Heisman ballots!!!!! He has much better numbers than the 1st place guy (HB from Ohio St). I have 200 yards more rushing yards and 3 more TDs than the OH St guy!! I guess the prestige of OH St is keeping him in first place.

I got Miami (#12, just had their 2nd loss...damn!) and Notre Dame left.

Thread Information