Thread: Wow! People's football GAME preference totally change from forum to forum.

Default Wow! People's football GAME preference totally change from forum to forum.

I was told to go to this thread at TXB aboot the 2003 series of football games. Everyone in this thread hates Fever for the same OBVIOUS reasons that I hate Fever.
    "As I expected NFL Fever 2003 is NFL Fever 2002 all over again "

maybe you won't be able to go to the page because TXB forum servers suck! but try... you'll see really good valid arguements.

Some really good arguements were:
    "NFL Fever only needs two real improvements. 1) getting rid of stupid Ron Pitts as the color announcer. 2) a little effort put into not having the announcers say that same thing 8 times a game."
    ...2) I hate how you can't control the speed of your pass, as in Madden. You have a receiver wide open to throw a burner in there and all of a sudden it's a damn lob pass that gets there and he's tackled right away..."
    "oh yeah.. the defensive AI sucks!
    it's true that the button sensitivity in Madden is hella cool. tap it lightly and you throw a hevenly arc. Tap it hard and you throw a straight bullet. Nothing like that in Fever... I don't think it's as emphasized as much in Fever.

Ok.. I don't totally hate fever, but in relation to all the other football games on XBox, it's the worst and most overhyped. I feel that people here don't like Madden because their ignorant (not as in stupid but as in uninformed) and a bit fanboyish.

BEFORE YOU LEAVE, WATCH THIS SWEET NFL 2K3 VIDEO. It's the ebst one I've ever seen yet!!! You won't regret it.
    ftp://ftp.xengamers.com/pub/movies/xb-snfl1.mpg
    Wait for it to finish downloading.
    Last edited by wweomaniac; 08-03-2002 at 08:58 PM.

The PSKT is for...

Default Re: Wow! People's football GAME preference totally change from forum to forum.

Originally posted by wweomaniac
    [B]it's true that the button sensitivity in Madden is hella cool. tap it lightly and you throw a hevenly arc. Tap it hard and you throw a straight bullet. Nothing like that in Fever. It's unbelievable how much it helps!!!!!!!!!!!
    Actually, Fever DOES have button sensitive passing

how does anyone know what Fever 2003 plays like?

I don't think they do.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Default Re: Re: Wow! People's football GAME preference totally change from forum to forum.

Originally posted by PapaShaddix

Actually, Fever DOES have button sensitive passing
    exactly, i don't know what the hell these guys are talking about, have they even played Fever? it's the same idea, tap for a lob, press for a bullet.

This is kind of pointless. I like Madden better too, but Fever has on-line play, Madden does not 'nuff said.
    RIP Dave

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Fever is easy for me to pick up and play. Not like the other games.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Madden will always be better. Who cares if it is similar every year, it only needs small improvements. The reason Sega and Fever change so much every year is that they are so far behind Madden. I'm buyinhg 2k3 this year, but only cause there is no online play for Madden.

i liked fever too i bought it over madded, but i think im gonna get madden 2k3

This video kicks a$$! Cool find. The movement of a player is SOOOOOOOOOO real!
    HALO: FPS Evolved

Hidden Content

Games I've Owned: Halo: Combat Evolved | MotoGP: The Ultimate Racing Technology
    "Can't Wait" List: SegaGT 2002 | Halo 2 | Blinx: The Time Sweeper | Project Ego | Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Official XBA "Swear Free" person.
    Official XBA "PS2 Guys" hunter.

Madden has been long overdue for a kick in the ass. I have a feeling this might be the year they rested on their laurel's one too many times.

I think either Fever or NFL2k3 are poised to step up and take them on head to head. Madden basically is standing still this year (unless you call adding dumb-ass party games...training camp as a step up). Hell, I think they even have taken a step back by getting rid of the greatest inovation to football gaming ever...online franchise leagues.

So, they are standing still while Sega definately looks to be taking a giant step forward, and hopefully Fever will too.

as for xbox owners...why the hell would you buy madden when two comparable games are out there that have online play?

y'all see the wicked NFL 2k3 video??

Default Re: Wow! People's football GAME preference totally change from forum to forum.

oops.. edit delete

Is NCAA 2k3 going to be NFL 2k3 just with college teams? I hope they put the same effort in both games.

i think thats what it will b

Thread Information