Thread: Microsoft comes in second!

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Talking Microsoft comes in second!

Each year Interbrand comes up with a survey of brand values, a list that attempts to quantify just how much a company's particular brand is worth. This year's list is certainly interesting, with Nintendo coming in at #32 ($9.22 billion), ahead of Samsung, Nike, Gap and Panasonic. Sony of course tops it, at #21 ($13.9 billion), and Microsoft is #2 on the list ($64.1 billion)... though both Sony and Microsoft have factors other than gaming helping them out. None none of them can hold a candle to Coca-Cola, though, which comes in at #1 (with a staggering $69.6 billion).
    For reference, the top ten was Coca-Cola, Microsoft, IBM, General Electric, Nokia, Intel, Disney, McDonald's, Marlboro and Mercedes-Benz.

--Gamers.com
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

thats cool, but it doesnt really have anything to do with the xbox. its just how well microsoft is doing and everything. i think

exactly, so how does this involve us?

Well, lets look at this a bit further.....
    By MS being about 5 times larger than Sony, therefore it is a legitimate contender to knock the SOny PS series of consoles off their perch.
    With the money being made off the Windows OS dept in MS, it could easily fund/support any losses incurred from the current XBOX. Usually Sony has competed againt smaller competitors, now has someone who can settle in for the long haul.

yea, but microsoft has always been ahead of sony. its been ahead of like every company

there was never any doubt that microsoft would succeed, just XBOX... show me sales figures of XBOX outselling PS2... they dont exist

I used to post here a lot.

Thread Information