Thread: nfl fever 2003 reviewed on ign....

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

Question nfl fever 2003 reviewed on ign....

anyone an insider?
    what did it get?
    short summary please.

btw...madden 03 got between 9-9.5 in egm
    i hope nfl2k3 or fever is rated better.....cuz madden gets none of my dough (for the first time in i don't know how many years) cuz they aint supporting online access for xbox.

I don't..

I don't want madden, 2k3 and fever all the way

It rated a 7.7.
    Last edited by Marc; 08-06-2002 at 01:58 PM.

Originally posted by Marc
    It rated a 7.7, I e-mailed you the review.

your the man

Fever 2002 sucked. Fever 2003 is going to suck. Microsoft should forget about making a football game and just buy Electronic Arts outright.

once again marc..thanx for the email.
    i totally agree with u on the EA comment...any real football fan knows madden is the most realistic....

i didn't play much fever or nfk2k2 last year

but madden not being xboxlive compatable is just unforgivable...
    i guess its gonna be nfl2k3 for me this year

I might end up buying both those damn games. I gave Fever a half a thought, but it can't compete with Madden or NFL 2K3. I'm buying NFL 2k3 to play on xbox live, but I don't want to miss out on Madden's new commentary with Al Michaels and the gang tackling. Madden is almost erfect. The reason they don't update like the other games is that they are already ages ahead of the other games. I keep hoping for the day they create the ultimate football game then just send out roster updates. I still think MS should buy EA. If they don't want to play ball, buy their asses and dictate policy to them.

Madden has many of the same problems that other ***** about with fever. Last years DB A.I. was atrocious, just like Fever's was. Both games you could thrown down filed all day long. However, Fever gets ragged on for it, and Madden lovers seem to forget their game had the same problem.

Commentary for Madden has always been the WORST. The absolute WORST. I prefer Joe Montana's Talking football game to the horrible canned cliche crap Madden and Summerall spewed every season over and over and over and over.

Madden chose not to partake with xbox live. The way i see it, it's their loss, not mine. I will buy Sega and Fever and I'm sure I will have a BLAST with both of them. Both look to be taking a big step forward this season (especially Sega), and Madden appears to be sitting on their laurels and not doing anything new or innovative.

and this is coming from a major pro-madden guy. Havent bought the NFL2k series since it's first version back on dreamcast. But, Madden has f***ed football gamers over one too many times in my book. I'll take my dollars elsewhere this year.
    Last edited by robnyack; 08-05-2002 at 09:44 PM.

I'm taking my money elsewhere too, but I'm not happy about it. Madden isn't actually resting on its laurels if it is adding gang tackling though. No other game will have that. NFL 2K3 for me, but if Madden has gang tackling, I might even buy both.

madden is the most sorry excuse for a football game I have ever played, it might be a little more realistic but the gameplay is slow. I got madden 97, and besides for a few graphic tweaks and rosters changes nothing has changed! I would take nfl2k2 or fever over madden any day and if madden was the only football game advailable I would choose to play nothing! Hey could you get me the review as well!

Anyone no why Fever has been delayed a day???????????

Thanks marc for emailing me the review. You just saved me $50.00. I had Fever and 2K3 reserved and after reading the review, I went to gamestop and reserved Madden in place of Fever. So I'm getting Madden and 2K3. Madden is an awesome game online or not. I hate EA but it's kind of like hating your girlfriend's personality but absolutely loving the sex.

Nice analogy...

Thread Information