Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modchips for xbox?

Default Modchips for xbox?

I guess nobody has not noticed that there are chips out for xbox now. What do you think of it?

The only reason i could think of getting one is that i could play games i would never get to play if i hadnt got the chip.. we dont get all the games here =(
    DenniZ
    http://www.pcvsconsole.com/images/hank/burnut.jpg

ive known about the modchips for a long time. i wanna get one so bad, not just for copying games. but theyre beginning to port pc games to the xbox, and emulators for like snes, nes, genesis, mame. i would get one, but im afraid ill ruin my xbox, cause ive never soldered anything before

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    ive known about the modchips for a long time. i wanna get one so bad, not just for copying games. but theyre beginning to port pc games to the xbox, and emulators for like snes, nes, genesis, mame. i would get one, but im afraid ill ruin my xbox, cause ive never soldered anything before
    im with snoopy on this one...

luckily for you, there is people wo does this for money. i know a place here in sweden but not sure about any place in the us... but there must be! just search the web..
    DenniZ

ZGXB - tml*****s.com Integra Man's Avatar

im getting mine really really soon. going down to china town and then buying games for 5 CND. i know this is really bad but Im saving up for my car. please dont yell at me and plus over here in canada they over charge like a byyzzatch. its 79.99 plus tax thats like 90 bucks. Way too much!
    YOUR # 1 Maple Leaf Community
    Hidden Content Sign Up Today!

aka DanieLudacris aka DL

I dont wanna take my xbox apart

http://www.xboxchip.com/disassembly.html

Originally posted by ZGXB
    im getting mine really really soon. going down to china town and then buying games for 5 CND. i know this is really bad but Im saving up for my car. please dont yell at me and plus over here in canada they over charge like a byyzzatch. its 79.99 plus tax thats like 90 bucks. Way too much!
    the currency is different here.... a canadian dollar is worth like 60something american cents or something.... but I wont yell... id be a hypocrit... but Im doin it for PC ports... and anyone who pirates music would be a hypocrit to flame you either....

ZGXB - tml*****s.com Integra Man's Avatar

thank you YAY i didnt get yelled at

but thats true same thing goes with pc games, songs, programs which everyone does.
    YOUR # 1 Maple Leaf Community
    Hidden Content Sign Up Today!

There is a guy in Montreal who does it for 250.00 canadian chip and installation included. He also guarantees the chip for the life of your Xbox (defective, obscelete, etc...)

My friend got it done, but he does not have any copied games yet. He has a ton of ISO images, but a lack of a DVD burner.

Before you go modding your Xbox you might want to consider whether or not it will effect your ability to go on Xbox Live (assuming your planning to). As of yet, I haven't heard a definitive answer one way or another, and I don't think we will until Xbox Live goes live and they can test these modded Xbox's. I wouldn't put it past MS to have developed some type of method to determine whether or not a box has been modded. I for one would not want to have to buy another box just to go on Xbox Live.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

you can make a switch to boot from the "hacked bios" or the origional bios. It isn't very hard, and that would gaurentee that you could play on xbox live!

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

But will the people who have modships, still buy the good excluisive games. Because if they dont then the Xbox games will fail.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Originally posted by SkoalMint
    Before you go modding your Xbox you might want to consider whether or not it will effect your ability to go on Xbox Live (assuming your planning to). As of yet, I haven't heard a definitive answer one way or another, and I don't think we will until Xbox Live goes live and they can test these modded Xbox's. I wouldn't put it past MS to have developed some type of method to determine whether or not a box has been modded. I for one would not want to have to buy another box just to go on Xbox Live.
    yea, microsoft will do something about that. i heard that they will check for a modchip, and they will like flash the bios or something. theres a thing about it on the forums at www.xboxhacker.net

Originally posted by faceoff508
    But will the people who have modships, still buy the good excluisive games. Because if they dont then the Xbox games will fail.
    well i know i will still buy the good games. I will only download the games i would never buy. If everybody does that, it wont hurt the sales.
    DenniZ

Originally posted by SkoalMint
    First of all this is bull****, Microsoft sells you the machine and at that point your aloud to do as you wish with it... you can smash it with a hammer and they wont penelize you, your warranty however will be broken when you open the box up.... they cannot flash your Bios as sombody posted, unless they want to pay you for a new Xbox because of deformation of property. now if they notice your playing a copied game somehow... thats a different story, but sorry to say for microsoft... in the end the hackers always get around everything, thats just the way it goes...

also...
    this has been discussed so many times with the people who are actually coding and cracking Xbox security and Bios software... if any of you guys are on Irc you could go to some of the rooms where these doods hang out and get the real skinny instead off of boards with kids who Lie about $hit all the time.... like for instance the kid claiming he's only waiting on his freind to get a DVD burner... almost every xbox game fits onto a regular Cd disc... beleive it or not, a couple don't but alot do.

My Xbox is modded, my next door neighbor does it at his work with some kinda e Prong burner or i dunno what the hell he said, but he did it for me for 50 bux, he then showed me what he did at his house before slosing the box up, it was clean and exactly how i heard it was supposed to be done... since then ive been playing every game i can get my burner on.

Surfs up on Free games, nothing to be afraid of
    Be one with it

theres an emulator in the works for Ps2 and gamecube games... thats a big reason i Modded my box...
    Be one with it

thats cool. but, its good to use a dvd burner. since you know that every game will fit (the reason most games do fit on a cdr, is because theyre ripped, meaning they took the music out, and some of the movies too). and if you use a dvd burner, you know you can fit any game that will come out (its not like every game is gonna be 700mb or 1 gig, a lot of games coming out will be really big)

thats cool. but, its good to use a dvd burner. since you know that every game will fit (the reason most games do fit on a cdr, is because theyre ripped, meaning they took the music out, and some of the movies too). and if you use a dvd burner, you know you can fit any game that will come out (its not like every game is gonna be 700mb or 1 gig, a lot of games coming out will be really big)
    true...

Still waiting for prices on those Burners to come down
    Be one with it

not if youre just making back-ups of your games. and how will they find out if youre pirating software? they cant, unless they come to your house and see it. and even if they did find out, wouldnt you be smart enough to hide or destroy the pirated stuff?

THE REAL BOSS

Originally posted by AloneInTheDark

O.K. you are wrong there. If you have a modded xbox and dont do anything with it then you are fine. But if you are pirateing games to play on your xbox then you could have a possible lawsuit from MS and from the game developers. Since pirating software is illegal.. So you are weront there

You guys worry about too many little things , MS has better things to worry about then some kid pirating software. They go for the big fish not the bait

Thread Information