Thread: troubles with xbox...

Default troubles with xbox...

hey people ive been having trouble with my xbox... whenever i get a new game or play a game that hasnt been played on my xbox console before, it never recognizes the disc. (for example, i bought thps3, and put it in to play it, and it said "your xbox doesnt recognize this disc, either it is dirty or damaged.... blah blah blah")

also when ever somethings loading or im saving a game, it freezes. its very annoying. (for example i put in thps3... again, and when it loaded to the main screen, the skater was all white and had no color at all.

i have an extended warranty on it, so i can take it back where i bought it. but if i can fix it somehow, that would be great.
    please help me figure out whats wrong.
    thanks
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE "100 Post Club"
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

MY XBOX STUFF: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding, NFL 2K2, two Microsoft controllers (one original, one Type S), one Interactive controller, THPS3 strategy guide, Halo strategy guide.
    *soon to come: MAX PAYNE, DEAD TO RIGHTS*(GBA)

This is how I fixed mine (I had the same problem).

Delete any and all OXM demo saves.

Unplug everything from your xbox, including dvd playback, controllers, memory cards and controllers etc.

Finally, UNPLUG your xbox from the wall until you get the clock screen when you plug it back in (approx overnight). Simply turning it off won't help because the microprocessor chip neeeds to be completely drained and reset.

Plug everything back in BEFORE you plug it in,starting with the controllers (left to right), memory cards for controllers, and playback kit. REMEMBER TO ALSO UNPLUG THE RCA JACKS OR WHATEVER YOU USE. My Xbox worked fine after I followed all these steps. Let me know what happens. Peace

Talking

Sounds like you should return the box anyways. Why take the chance of anything else happening to it. If it is under warranty get a brand new one and enjoy the extended play.

Thread Information