Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Console has the best online g aming strategy?

ZGXB - tml*****s.com Integra Man's Avatar

Default Which Console has the best online g aming strategy?

I read this in the latest Electronic Gaming Monthly This is what they said

XBOX 42%
    no adapter to buy, but ur limied strictly to broadband and have to pay a monthly fee

PS2 37%
    Buy a 56k/broadband adapter separtely($39.99) and play online for free.

GAMECUBE 21%
    Buy either a 56k or broadband adapter separately ($34.99) and play online for free.

pretty intresting eh
    YOUR # 1 Maple Leaf Community
    Hidden Content Sign Up Today!

I think if the entire plans were laid out, people would overwhelmingly pick the xbox live plan. Afterall, xbox live really is the only "live PLAN". ps2's "plan" is hardly a plan at all. put an adaptor out and let game developers handle the rest.

thoes numbers look skewed too me, anyone with a full understanding of the plans wouldnt make any other choice then Xbox, i mean no other system even has a HDD or modem built
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

with the ps2, you probly have to pay. since the developers are the ones who are running the servers. they can charge you to play their games. but i think xbox live is the best plan. its broadband only, so you dont have dial-up people lagging the servers. its like impossible to play online with a dial up connection.

Default Re: Which Console has the best online g aming strategy?

Originally posted by ZGXB

XBOX 42%
    no adapter to buy, but ur limied strictly to broadband and have to pay a monthly fee

PS2 37%

GAMECUBE 21%
    Buy either a 56k or broadband adapter separately ($34.99) and play online for free.

pretty intresting eh

PS2 online play WILL NOT BE FREE! The servers are being run by the game developers and NOT by Sony, meaning that they can charge whatever they want. You'll probably be looking at $9.95 per month PER GAME to play the PS2 online.

The way I see it the Xbox is the ONLY console with an online gaming plan.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

WTF? Its not free to go online. They charge you monthly for each game you play. THOSE ****ERS.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

game developers can charge whateva they want
    some games will be free
    some will be pay to play
    some will be broadband only
    some will support both broadband and 56***

regardless of these things....xboxlive will crush ps2 and GC in terms of their online strategy.

did u know, that if u have dial up, only 2 people can play that twisted metal game? lol. and if you have dial up, you cant even play socom.

Obviouslly this is gonna sound biased in here, but MS has the goods. No add-ons, i price, end of discussion. Even though in the current market Broadband isn't mainstream (Yet) they still have the better plan.

I don't have Broadband available in my area yet, and i can't wait to play on line. But i sure as hell no which system has the most bang for my buck.

On a side note pertaining to Faceoff508's comment...I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or not, but a few of my PS2 freinds reacted the same way when they finally understood exactlly how Sony's plan will work. I think Sony, intentionally or not, may have misled their users with the word "FREE".

yea, and with xbox, you have 1 username and password for every game, and 1 credit card number for every game (meaning, once you enter your credit card number, you never have to enter it again). but with sony's plan, you have a different username/password for every game, and you have to use your credit card number for each game. so, all i gotta say to the ps2 users is, you better stock up on notebooks! lol

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Originally posted by highlite23
    Obviouslly this is gonna sound biased in here, but MS has the goods. No add-ons, i price, end of discussion. Even though in the current market Broadband isn't mainstream (Yet) they still have the better plan.

I don't have Broadband available in my area yet, and i can't wait to play on line. But i sure as hell no which system has the most bang for my buck.

On a side note pertaining to Faceoff508's comment...I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or not, but a few of my PS2 freinds reacted the same way when they finally understood exactlly how Sony's plan will work. I think Sony, intentionally or not, may have misled their users with the word "FREE".
    Yeah, when I had the August EGM mag with me and my friend saw the word free, and hes like wow. I can play online for free. But then I told him. Sony is tricking people to think that they have the cheapest online strategy.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

sony doesnt even care about online gaming. theyre not even doing anything. theyre just telling the developers to host the servers. all sony is doing is producing the harddrive and adapter.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default Re: Which Console has the best online g aming strategy?

Originally posted by ZGXB

XBOX 42%

PS2 37%

GAMECUBE 21%

pretty intresting eh
    Actually, Microsoft hasn't announced that there will be a monthly fee. It's rumored that there will be a monthly fee after an entire year...but, no confirmation about that.

To get XBox Live, the name of Microsoft's $3 Billion on-line network, it will cost consumers a mere $49.99. For that price, us lucky XBox gamers will get in return 12 months of unlimited access, a game, and the XBox Communicator so you can talk live to people from around the world.

How is it possible for Sony or Nintendo to compete with that?

Yes, the XBox requires broadband...I say: GOOD!

as I said previously, xbox is the only one of the 3 that actually have a true "plan". The other two are just cobb-jobs thrown together with no real rhyme or reason.

Although it may sound biased, it is the simple truth that the xbox live plan is the ONLY plan. If you take Sony's plan you have to buy the extra equipment and pay for every game you want to play as oppossed to paying 9.95 to play all of them. Whatever...no one else even HAS an online strategy.

lol, max. did u get the beta test emails?

I choose the PS2 plan, simply because it will be available to 56k users also. I hate the idea that Microsoft had to make it Broadband exclusive, their are FAR more people with Dial-Up than their are using Broadband. Right now is just not the time to make a Broadband exclusive plan, its too soon.

so you would want 56kers lagging up the game?

their are FAR more people with Dial-Up than their are using Broadband.
    it's all about positioning for the future.

god, to be on the side of the guys who actually think 5 years down the road. Now that's what we mean by a PLAN.

it's good.

yea, and if they made xbl so that dial up users could play, it would be so bad. because since there are far more dial up users than broadband, most of the servers would have dial up users on them, so like every server would be lagging so much

Thread Information