Thread: where can i buy a bargain x-box system?

Question where can i buy a bargain x-box system?

hey guys..
    i am planning to buy an x-box system next month.. there are a lot of places to buy either online on the internet such as amazon ... or at electronic stores such as best buy. please share with me where you guys bought yours... i prefer a new system rather than a used system. please help me. thanks.

Try ebay or your local gaming store such as EB or Microplay.

i bought mine at good ol' wal-mart

laters

new system.....you are not going to find it any cheaper than it's listed price $199.00.

Unless you get some sort of package like EB offers. Buy xbox, Halo, S controller, and game of your choice, and get a $50 mailin rebate.

i got mine at funcoland
    Hidden Content

Wondering Around

I'll tell you right now, if you buy from a local store, your not going to get it for less than 199.99 or so. Mainly because stores sell the actual console at zero markup. They make their money by marking up games and accessories anywhere from $5 - $15 or more. When i worked at best buy i could get games and controllers at 5% above cost and i usually payed $10 under retail for games on average, some less, some more.

Now you can look for a bundle which you will usually save some money because they are giving you the games at cost or a little below to get the hardware out the door so you will windup hopfully buying more games from them.

XBOX for $199.00 is already a bargain.

I wouldn't risk ebay, i've heard all sorts of shaddy deals on this particular item (XBOX)

1 example i know of first hand...

Friend got an XBOX on ebay for $155.00, sent immidiatly, well packages, all original paperwork, etc...

Loaded the first game, after an hour of playing it kept shutting down. My friend contacted the seller, his comment was, "It worked fine when i owned it"

Called and eventually sent it to MS, they contacted my friend after a couple of days staiting they could fix it at a cost, and that it had been tampered with internally.

Buyer beware.

Buy a video game bundle you'll get an extra controller and halo probally it will save u some$$$$$.

I wouldn't buy it online cause then you got the added cost of shipping, unless your buying it used which I wouldnt recommend. Just get it at any store cause Xbox is already a great deal for $199.

I purchased mine at the .99 cents store everything there was .99 cents J/K, no matter what get the warranty,welcome to the house of addicts.
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 08-07-2002 at 05:30 PM.

My local EB had it for 149$ (US Dollars). Thats Gamecube prices

But thats because the store had jsut opened that week and they were having a grand opeing sale. I would have bought one na dshared the joy with my friends...but I needed money to buy my new Dual Action Baribe Doll.
    Keep your kids away from me.

I bought mine at the px (affes for those dummys). I didn't have to pay tax so I got it for a flat-out $199. And it's true, the Xbox is already a great deal at $199. Why do u think MS is losing money? The thing is practically a pc if you look at all of its features.

Thread Information