Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Reason Why I'm Not Buying Mech Assault

Default The Reason Why I'm Not Buying Mech Assault

Well.. the MAIN reason is that I think the mech's don't look that nice.

I watched the movie on ign and i just didn't like how the mech models were made. I wish they were made with more focus on making them move like humans. And also... it's a third person view rather then a first person view we will be playing.

Seems like it's a lot of torso twisting and strafing with little strategy.

The mechs I like are like the ones in Murakumo or GunMetal. Now those are cool looking mechs.

I also think they should have put more of an emphasis on flying. Not "floating"... as shown in the movie.
    Last edited by wweomaniac; 08-07-2002 at 02:15 PM.

mechs are not human so they dont have to move like humans..... and as for the 1st or 3rd person views......i dont think it would matter....i kind of like the 3rd person view myself....imo the game looks very fun..reminds me of alien front online for the dc...that game was hella fun when dc was alive....the game was great online as well....MA looks to be better so im putting MA on my most wanted list.....its gonna be great on xbl...cant wait for this game

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

in gunmetal how you fly an airplane is totally wrong. And Gun Metal sucks. Mech Assault crushes Gun Metal in ever aspect.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

The mechs in the game are supposed to be more like tanks than the plane flying types in robotech. It’s a classic RPG and I think Microsoft would be hard pressed if they change the play and feel of the game too much.

Only the light ton mechs are supposed to have jump jet capabilities. It kind of balances things for the light mechs.. The big mechs can take a beating and the lighter ones are more maneuverable.

I guess I was looking for a differnt type of game.

Why can't Murakumo be released in North America?!?!
    damn.

Anyone remember Virtual On for Dreamcast? that game was hela fun with the dual joysticks!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Mech Assault, to me, actually looks pretty cool. But, I'll probably end up passing it up unless it gets raves from the Addicts!

I can't wait for Unreal Championship, though! That game has me salivating more than Dracula staring at a bloody pimple!!!

aka DanieLudacris aka DL

I rented gunmetal and didnt like it. i took it back 30 mins later and told em it had a bug. so i got wsb2k2 instead. hey max, are you gonna get xbl?

Wondering Around

i'll probably get mech assault initially for the solo missions, then i'll do the multi thing... unreal championship is a must get for me also.... looks like i'm going to be really poor soon.

Default Re: The Reason Why I'm Not Buying Mech Assault

Originally posted by wweomaniac

I watched the movie on ign and i just didn't like how the mech models were made. I wish they were made with more focus on making them move like humans. And also... it's a third person view rather then a first person view we will be playing.

The mechs I like are like the ones in Murakumo or GunMetal. Now those are cool looking mechs.

I also think they should have put more of an emphasis on flying. Not "floating"... as shown in the movie.
    MA looks like a top notch game. At first I was a little put off that it was 3rd person, but overall the game looks amazing.

Microsoft wanted to be true to the Hardcore Mechwarrior universe (FASA Corp). If they just made up new "Mechs" on the spur of the moment they either A) alienate the hardcore "old-school" fans, or B) turn it into an entirely different Mech game (and lose the name recognition in the process).

As far as "Fun-Factor" goes, this looks to be right up there. The Chance to "practice" solo missions at home, and then hook up to XBL to pound away at enemy maruading mechs is first rate.

I still wish It would have been first person, but I'll live (until someone pumbles me with a well placed Gauss Rifle).

Hey, how do you get the movie of Mech Assualt playing online from IGN working? I tried downloading as they suggested, but it wouldn't run it under Windows Player or Quicktime, and I tried streaming it, but it wouldn't work! A little help be nice.

I dunno what you did. I'll tell you how I watched the movie:

I downloaded it onto my hardrive by right clicking on the link and pressing "save target as". Then I opened it fro my desktop using Quicktime (the newest version)...

I bet taht's what you did, but that's all I can say.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I just got my OXM magazine and demo disc #10 in the mail...it features a demo of Mech Assault...and, all I can say is that the game stinks. It's way too easy...graphically, I was pretty impressed with the backgrounds...nice landscapes...but, the character graphics were extremely poor. I'm really disappointed by what I was seeing and playing.

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    I just got my OXM magazine and demo disc #10 in the mail...it features a demo of Mech Assault...and, all I can say is that the game stinks. It's way too easy...graphically, I was pretty impressed with the backgrounds...nice landscapes...but, the character graphics were extremely poor. I'm really disappointed by what I was seeing and playing.
    Thats exactly what I thought after seeing the demo on ign. It looked like simply shooting and there didn't appear to be any obstacles to hide behind or be hidden in any way. There also didn't appear to be any "shock" or "stun" after being hit.

It didn't look that great graphically either....

That was exactly what I was thinking after watching the video.

Thanks Maximus for the update. Now we all have another source to listen from.

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Default HUH?

From what I can tell, you guys are talking about 3 different Games, not just MA!!!

1)Mech Assault: the game your SUPPOSED to be talking about.

2) Mech warrior: the game that you guys said had "Name recognition" is mech warrior, not mech assault. MA is a totally new game, which is meant to be a much faster paced game.

3) Gun metal: the Game that was on OXM #10, not MA, so Maximus, you were playing Gun Metal, not MA, so don't judge MA just yet, although there is a movie of Mech Assault on the disc.

Hope this clears things up a bit!!!

You are confusing Mechs with Mecha. You like Mecha, the nimble sleek looking robots popularized by Japanese animation. Mech Assault focuses on mechs, giant lumbering bipedal tanks with a focus on tons of firepower and tons of armor.

If your more into Mecha you should definitely check out Robotech:Battlecry coming out next month.
    "Have you ever played Zelda, and you're like, 'Man, that game would be cool if the guy I just talked to hadn't said all that crap about fairies and light?' What if they said something that was good? I mean, it's not like a whole new genre to make games that have depth and a story."

-- Tim Schafer --
    Hidden Content

Default Re: HUH?

Originally posted by Jerred B
    From what I can tell, you guys are talking about 3 different Games, not just MA!!!
    First of all... we were never talking about mech warriors... at least I wasn't.

So was the demo in OXM Mech Assault or was it Gun Metal. I'm a bit confused.

Wondering Around

Default Re: Re: HUH?

First of all... we were never talking about mech warriors... at least I wasn't.

So was the demo in OXM Mech Assault or was it Gun Metal. I'm a bit confused.

it was gun metal, trust me, i played it for about an hour cause i was bored.

Well mech warrior and mech assault are based on the same battletech universe. They are 2 different styles of games based on the same clans and mechs.

We were just talking about 2 but I think that’s what’s confusing people.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Maximus its not Mech Assault, you were playing Gun Metal. Gun Metal sucks.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Default Re: The Reason Why I'm Not Buying Mech Assault

You Obviously dont know s4it about the mechwarrior / FASA / Battletech universe. Your comments make you look like a freebirth. I hope you embrace cowardice and burn in the seas of hell.

Freebirth scum..................

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Thread Information