Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2, what you would like it to be

Default Halo 2, what you would like it to be

Ahh, finally today i get a glimpse of a game i have been waiting for ever since i beat halo. Following the evolution of the first halo game, i was somewhat disapointed of what was not in it. such as the flame thrower, it was in the screenshots, so where is it in the game? also, there was supposed to be vast, huge levels with ambient life. so here is what i would like to see in halo 2:

1. target range/training mission, nothin like shooting paper targets and testing out the mass destruction ability of guns.

2. melee weapon, this was actully planned for halo 1. it didnt make the cut

3. boat vehical, how bad ass would it be to be shooting at covie's with a boat turret?

4. humen flying vehical, you just need one!

5. bots in multiplayer, i hate having to get everyone to come over just for a 3 vs 3 match.

6. bots can drive, i want a chance at the turret on the worthog too ******!

7. the Assult rifle needs to have more thumpth to the sound, and some recoil wouldnt hurt.

8. with an M rating, it should have WAY more blood and guts.

so theres my list. please share what YOU would like to see in the game.
    i am an artist.

Hidden Content

Default Re: Halo 2, what you would like it to be

Originally posted by addict733
    5. bots in multiplayer, i hate having to get everyone to come over just for a 3 vs 3 match.

7. the Assult rifle needs to have more thumpth to the sound, and some recoil wouldnt hurt.

I totally agree with those 3 things! Bots are a must. And the Assault rifle does need to sound more powerful and have some recoil. And who doesn't want more blood and guts?!?

Default Re: Re: Halo 2, what you would like it to be

Originally posted by hook-worm J

I totally agree with those 3 things! Bots are a must. And the Assault rifle does need to sound more powerful and have some recoil. And who doesn't want more blood and guts?!?
    I totally disagree with at least the AR and the M rating.

Jesus, the game isn't about blood and guts and too much detracts from a game. I threw out my Soldier of Fortune 2 because of being too bloody (my friend password locked violence on ON MY OWN DAMN COMPUTER so I just threw the cd's away so he couldn't play).

Anyway I personally think too much gore attracts the wrong crowd.

As for the Assault Rifle- this is the future, and whoever's designing weapons is right on. Recoil and sound are gonna be way down on even the most powerful guns of the future. How about just requesting more mounted turrets like that of the Warthog?

ZGXB - tml*****s.com Integra Man's Avatar

id really like to use the banshee for mutliplayer. and id have to agree with everything u just said
    YOUR # 1 Maple Leaf Community
    Hidden Content Sign Up Today!

Default Re: Re: Re: Halo 2, what you would like it to be

Originally posted by Sodacider

I totally disagree with at least the AR and the M rating.

Jesus, the game isn't about blood and guts and too much detracts from a game. I threw out my Soldier of Fortune 2 because of being too bloody (my friend password locked violence on ON MY OWN DAMN COMPUTER so I just threw the cd's away so he couldn't play).

Anyway I personally think too much gore attracts the wrong crowd.

As for the Assault Rifle- this is the future, and whoever's designing weapons is right on. Recoil and sound are gonna be way down on even the most powerful guns of the future. How about just requesting more mounted turrets like that of the Warthog?
    Blood and guts detracts from the game?! are you telling me that if you went into a battlefield (futuristic or not) where bullets are flying, shrapnel is being launched through the air at the same speed, and gun turrets are going off in every direction that you wont see blood and guts?!?

Off topic, but.....Why would you throw out SoF2 just becuase the violence was locked? You could have just reinstalled the game.
    back on topic.

The game is already rated M, what kind of crowd do you think it will attract even if they keep the current gore level? And anyone who has Halo will definitley be buying Halo 2, if it has blood and guts or not.

Now, about your assault rifle comment... You could assume that guns would be quieter in the future, but do you really know?
    What this is really about is immersion. I would personally like a louder sound with more... ooomph..... so It would feel more powerful and I could get right into the battle. And about the recoil, the gun fires 7.62 mm rounds, which aren't that big, but would still cause more recoil then there currentley is.

BUT!

Thats still not was this is about. Its about the gameplay my friend.
    How challenging is it to aim at your target and just hold down the trigger until it dies? Would it be much more challenging and a hell of a lot funner if you had to control the recoil and fire in bursts? Thats more fun to me than just having the gun barely move while emptying the entire clip. Sure, there is a little random spread of bullets with the current assault rifle, but not nearly enough to do me justice.

i would like to see a lot more modes,

stunt mode: for the vehicles where you can do stunts and see who can get the higher score

assualt: like in unreal tounament for those of you that don know you have 2 halfs to the game defending and attacking and you play each side and who ever completes the mission they have first wins its like defend the base when the other team is trying to get into the base and destroy it and press buttons to activate stuff based on the senario

mini games: like soccer and its a big ball and you move it by shooting it those kind of things

and maybe they could put a level editor in the game that would kick ass, and also some downloadabe skins for your guy.

I had an identical thread like this some months ago titled "What new features in Halo 2...". Anyway, Halo 2 should have more levels, that are just a bit smaller. It should have even more improved graphics and sound. It should have a larger variety of vehicles, characters, weapons, and enemies. Apart from a single player campaign mode, it should have a multiplayer mode again and additional modes, such as training modes and bonus mission modes.

Even better, they could make it a Action-RPG mixed in with 3D-Shooter, where you can travel all over Halo with a marine team and defeat as many enemies as you want, wherever you want. You could also have a Human Base, where you come to recharge and stuff, maybe based upon the Pillar of Autumn style.

These are just my suggestions, but I will have to wait and see what Bungie does. At least PC-gamers will get the "old" Halo, while we will get a new Halo.

Oh yeah! I forgot to add in, that Halo 2 should be rated Teen and not Mature. I hope ESRB makes a better decision this time.

yo dipwad. Halo is an fps, if you want an rpg get Playstation. teen rating? are you ok man....or just 12?
    i am an artist.

Hidden Content

I want to see all the vehicles available in multiplayer, including the Covenant Tank. That'd be awesome.

I'd like to see deformable terrain. Can't find the key to the stupid door? BOOM!

New player models for Multiplayer Modes. More than just the Master Chief in multiple colors. Marines, Covenant, Flood . . . go wild.
    Hidden Content
    Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Leave it to Americans to think that "no" means "yes," "****ed" means "angry," and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!"

Default Re: Halo 2, what you would like it to be

Originally posted by addict733
    Ahh, finally today i get a glimpse of a game i have been waiting for ever since i beat halo. Following the evolution of the first halo game, i was somewhat disapointed of what was not in it. such as the flame thrower, it was in the screenshots, so where is it in the game? also, there was supposed to be vast, huge levels with ambient life. so here is what i would like to see in halo 2:

1. target range/training mission, nothin like shooting paper targets and testing out the mass destruction ability of guns.

2. melee weapon, this was actully planned for halo 1. it didnt make the cut

3. boat vehical, how bad ass would it be to be shooting at covie's with a boat turret?

4. humen flying vehical, you just need one!

6. bots can drive, i want a chance at the turret on the worthog too ******!

so theres my list. please share what YOU would like to see in the game.
    thats gootta be one nice list exactly wut I am interested in....I want there to be mrpe characters then just master chief...well its cool with just him but there should be a girl too thatll kik sum ass....then in multyplayer mode unlockable players like amrines n stuff...this may be a *** idea htough.

i like the unlockable players idea....maybe even have some old bungie players....like the chick from oni
    i am an artist.

Hidden Content

Renegade of funk

OK forget the unlockable players, and unlockable skins and all that garbage. Forget having a female user character. We don't need to stray past the foundation that Halo CE has built. All the above mentioned sounds likes a kids game to me. It doesn't fit what Halo left us. What do I want in Halo 2? Better graphics. Closer to real world CGI movie as we can get. Dynamic lighting. Better shadows and reflections. I'm talking reflections of images off of surfaces like on PGR. That's some good stuff right there. Looks like from the teaser pictures that they worked over the Assualt rifle. Gave it a more realistic look. Looks like a FAMAAS but at least they did it and I don't have to wish for it anymore. Let's get some better Marine A.I. What do I mean? I mean, the kind where the Marines will not run across your line of fire. Where the Marines won't shoot when you have to cross their line of fire. Let the Marines use intelligent warfare techniques. Yes they where great shots, but for the most part they ran around like blithering idiots between taking some really good shots at the enemy. You've seen it. "Where's that guy going?" "Hey! get the **** out of my way!" Make the covenant sneakier. More ambushes. More trap techniques. Everything else I wanted to say, looks like it got covered by the press release.

Keep it just as it is but make more maps and let me play online Lag free yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

B O T S I N M U L T I P L A Y E R
    HALO: FPS Evolved

Hidden Content

Games I've Owned: Halo: Combat Evolved | MotoGP: The Ultimate Racing Technology
    "Can't Wait" List: SegaGT 2002 | Halo 2 | Blinx: The Time Sweeper | Project Ego | Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Official XBA "Swear Free" person.
    Official XBA "PS2 Guys" hunter.

I hope Halo 2 has bots and all the vehcles in multiplayer! i hope its good!
    http://www.xboxaddict.com

Whats with this obsession with bots in MP? Of course it will be damn cool if you can spawn bots and charge into a enemy team with them but I really don't care whether there will be bots or not. Keep (or indeed, update) the core of Halo: CE in Halo 2. That means storyline, balanced and realistic weapons, balanced and realistic vehicles and excellent computer A.I. Oh, and the entire combat feeling ofcourse. In 2003, we'll all be expecting some great things to come from Halo 2 (which undoubtedly it will present) but let's not set our hopes too high. Hell I wouldn't mind playing another Halo: CE game.

...ofcourse, I will be singing another tune when Halo 2 comes out.
    Proud owner of Halo: Combat Evolved

Alot of people won't have broadband capability. Plus, alot of people don't have alot of people to play with all the time. Bots are for those people whose social life doesn't revolve around videogames.

[Or for those that do, but need a $#!+load of practice anyways.]
    Hidden Content
    Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Leave it to Americans to think that "no" means "yes," "****ed" means "angry," and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!"

SoccerCJM77

Cool

Go to my thread HALO 2 OH YEA!!!!!!!!
    Look at my ideas

SoccerCJM77

Cool

That would be cool if you could drive the pelican in Multiplayer mode. Does anyone no what the new vehicles are going to be or a website or some magazine that shows them.What is the Halo 2 trailer going to be like

Thread Information