Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you REALLY an addict?

Default Are you REALLY an addict?

We all frequent this site under the guise of being an xbox addict, but are you really an xbox addict or an xbox FORUM addict? The definition of addict is to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively. I will admit to being a bit obsessive about visiting these forums and posting, but have come to realize the err of my ways (or maybe it's just the lack of humor in the forums lately, or the scarcity of interesting topics, I don't believe I spam though, except for that temptress called word association). Regardless, I am definitely an XBOX ADDICT, I wouldn't call it obsessive but it's most certainly habitual.

Ask yourself, can you go a day without playing on your xbox? Then ask yourself, can you go a day without visiting these forums? If your answers are yes and no respectively, perhaps you should go outside and find a few more friends since this forum is probably what you consider "hanging out with my friends".

Just a thought.
    "There is no reason to be alarmed and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight.
    By the way is there anyone on board that knows how to fly a plane?"

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

goldberg...i'm not sho if your an addict or not...
    but if xba was giving away an award for newest member with the most pointless posts ( being spam or mostly just qouting what another member said and not even adding your 2 cents) ...u would deffinately win hands down.

Xbox: played everyday after work and on days i have off (humm thats everday, longest away from Xbox 2 days stright, away in Ocean City for July 4th and 5th{got crumped up})

XbA: post here when im at work and have nothing to do. . . . away from work visited here once or twice when there is a topic i couldn't comment on before i left work

UltimateAg said
    lack of humor in the forums lately, or the scarcity of interesting topics
    agreed . . . we need more of both
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

I'm not a Xbox Addict...I'm a gaming addict.

Hehe, but I do like the forums..if ya think I spam or whatever,..i don't really care..im not lettin u pi§§ on my day.

Same here. I probably won't go more than a day w/o playing Xbox, but I also have PS2 (yes, I know, but I'm still working on FFX), I still play my N64 every once in a blue moon, and, when I get enough money, I'll own GameCube. So I'd say I'm definitely more of a gaming addict than anything.
    The older a person gets, the less they care what they wear. Old people come up with some of the strangest clothing combinations you'll ever see. I think of it as "cancer of the clothing."
    --George Carlin

I gotta go with Gaming Addict as well. I play games for about 3 hours everyday on weekdays and on the weekend me and my friends always hook up for a Fri or Sat night all nighter. I think all the consoles have some thing great to offer and hope to eventually get them all. I realize these forums are for Xbox fans but I really feel sorry for all you that limit yourself to 1 platform when there are so many great games to choose from on various systems.

Skarp

I play maybe once or twice a week but I go to the forums everyday during work. Rarely come here outside of work.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I'm definately an XBox Addict...I mean, just in the last few nights, I played until 4:00 am (I didn't have to work the next day )...and, just the other day, I took a huge dump and my dung formed an "X". How's that for humor?

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    I'm definately an XBox Addict...I mean, just in the last few nights, I played until 4:00 am (I didn't have to work the next day )...and, just the other day, I took a huge dump and my dung formed an "X". How's that for humor?
    Uhhh, I guess you could call that humor. I played until 3am last night and I DID have work, I've been suffering from insomnia lately.
    "There is no reason to be alarmed and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight.

I don't even own a xbox or any games. I just like to pretend I do!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Shaggy
    hehe...Nice!

Originally posted by Shaggy
    LOL. You've been pretending since Dec. 2001. haha.

Hmm, you're joking right?

Could have fooled me.
    The older a person gets, the less they care what they wear. Old people come up with some of the strangest clothing combinations you'll ever see. I think of it as "cancer of the clothing."
    --George Carlin

woa. its like being slapped across the face. it just hits u and u notice someone who u always see doesnt own a xbox. dood you gotta be jk, say ur jk plz.

He doesn't have to be kidding, dude. I was at the Xbox forum over at IGN long before I owned an Xbox. Now IGN has you pay for their MB service, and I'm here. Let me tell you, the whole 2 1/2 weeks that I've been here have been the best of my life.
    --George Carlin

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

If these have been the best 2 1/2 weeks of your life, then you need to get outside more and experience life. Either that of your life was pretty *****ty before you came here. I'm glad you are having a good time now, but don't let that stop you from having fun away from this site and the xbox.

Originally posted by Tkf5000
    woa. its like being slapped across the face. it just hits u and u notice someone who u always see doesnt own a xbox. dood you gotta be jk, say ur jk plz.
    I'm sure it was just a joke.

I would have to say I'm an addict. I had a xbox the week it came out. A few months later money grew short so I had to sell it. But as soon as I had enough money I bought one right back again.
    I work 6-7 days a week but still find time to play my xbox everyday. My wife thinks I'm actually cheating on her with my xbox because I see it more than I see her.

Screaming for Vengeance NomadLLama's Avatar

i am not an addict. i play my xbox only once a day and my record for not playing it was 2 weeks straight. i have only 3 games and i have beaten them all, i am just really mad with JSRF right now. (beat the story, did not get all characters yet.) i am an addict on buying computer games that don't even work on my computer. WarcraftIII? yeah i got the collector's edition, but the game runs at like .3 FPS. but really, i am just stocking up on games for my new computer, coming in a few months...........
    ha..

Default Re: Are you REALLY an addict?

Originally posted by UltimateAg
    We all frequent this site under the guise of being an xbox addict, but are you really an xbox addict or an xbox FORUM addict? The definition of addict is to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively. I will admit to being a bit obsessive about visiting these forums and posting, but have come to realize the err of my ways (or maybe it's just the lack of humor in the forums lately, or the scarcity of interesting topics, I don't believe I spam though, except for that temptress called word association). Regardless, I am definitely an XBOX ADDICT, I wouldn't call it obsessive but it's most certainly habitual.

Ask yourself, can you go a day without playing on your xbox? Then ask yourself, can you go a day without visiting these forums? If your answers are yes and no respectively, perhaps you should go outside and find a few more friends since this forum is probably what you consider "hanging out with my friends".

Just a thought.
    same here. at times I'm addicted. at other times i'm not... BEWARE OF THE PJ

Thread Information