Thread: Mace Griffin...Bounty Hunter

Default Mace Griffin...Bounty Hunter

just wondering what you all think of this game? ive seen very little info on it but i just saw the video of it from the oxm demo disc 10 and i thought it looked pretty good....if the controls are tight for both space shooting and fps this could be sweet! any one have any other info on it? multiplayer? system link? that would be great!

Did you notice that ad in the magazine shows it coming out on every console: PS1, PS2, GC, and XBox. I for one am a little leery of a game that will also come out on PS1. Sure, they'll bump up the graphics for XBox, but my expectations are pretty low.

I don't know. That OXM demo didn't look all that good to me, some of it reminded me of the old chop graphics from the Wing Commander series. Everything looked very 'stiff' and unrealistic.

But hey, it's just a video preview, I'll rent it when it comes out to see how it is.

I expect a game the same quality of TS2 for the Xbox. If you've tried TimeSweepers 2 you'll notice the poor quality of the graphics and the loose/sloppy controls. I'd expect the same for Mace Griffin since its so heavily multi platformed. The AI of your enemies will be dumb since the AI can't be pushed to the limits as well. Just my opinion and I hope to be surprised, but my expectations are very low as well...
    -Radar

You're right, the look of Timesplitters 2 was on the lower end of the scale. But I thought the AI did things pretty well in the staircase. At one point, I was waiting for a guy to come around the corner. He came sprinting around and got right in my face and killed me. I expected him to just walk out like he did the two times before that.

I think Timesplitters 2 has potential, but the controls are awfully loose. I didn't like how you could move the gun a little bit and your field of view didn't change. Try turning all the way around. It takes 30 seconds. Ridiculous. That control works well for the sniper rifle, adds a little challenge, but not for normal weapons and movement.

I have heard the name Mace Griffin before. Where? Comics? Star Wars? Star Trek?

my experience with the AI was one where I kill person #1 in a room, and person #2 continues marching back and forth in one area as if nothing has happened.

Then the people get "caught" around corners and can't figure out how to get to me, and the zombies roaming back and forth below me not figuring out how to climb the stairs.

It was not very good for me....
    -Radar

Originally posted by Taranis
    Did you notice that ad in the magazine shows it coming out on every console: PS1, PS2, GC, and XBox. I for one am a little leery of a game that will also come out on PS1. Sure, they'll bump up the graphics for XBox, but my expectations are pretty low.
    lol... it's not going to be a direct port from ps1...

I didn't even know it was coming out for ps2 and gcn. you sure?

Tony Hawks' Pro Skater 3 came out for ps1. I'm not complaining about its graphics on xbox.

Default Re: Mace Griffin...Bounty Hunter

[QUOTE]Originally posted by theindian
    just wondering what you all think of this game? ive seen very little info on it but i just saw the video of it from the oxm demo disc 10 and i thought it looked pretty good....if the controls are tight for both space shooting and fps this could be sweet! any one have any other info on it? multiplayer? system link? that would be great! [/QUOTE

doesnt look too bad and welcome to xba if your new here theindian

As i assumed, it seems to only be coming out for XBox...

http://www.cravegames.com/games/games_home.html

its only listed for xbox on the official website. Perhaps you got it mixed up with Bounty Hunter (the Star Wars version)

hey all...thanks for the replys and the welcome...ive been coming here and reading up on the forums for awhile...just havent really posted before cause i never have any good info! hehe...come here to get it from you all! hehe......great bunch of folk you addicts are! i didnt realize it was coming to all systems hopefully we get some extra care.....and the timeslitters 2 demo left me a little dissapointed...was looking forward to this but i agree the controls left something to be desired......hopefully this is changed somewhat before release ....i would have expected TIGHT controls from the golden eye crew (or whats left of them) i want this for multiplayer and system link! gamespy and a multiplayer level maker sound sweet to me!

Originally posted by wweomaniac
    As i assumed, it seems to only be coming out for XBox...

http://www.cravegames.com/games/games_home.html

its only listed for xbox on the official website. Perhaps you got it mixed up with Bounty Hunter (the Star Wars version)
    I'm pretty sure the ad in OXM 10 has the logos of all those consoles on it. I don't have the OXM here at the office, maybe someone else could check.

Taranis, MG:BH is NOT coming out on PS1. I don't know where you got that from, maybe you got mixed up? Seriously, would a game come out on Xbox and PS1? lol!

"Did you notice that ad in the magazine shows it coming out on every console: PS1, PS2, GC, and XBox. I for one am a little leery of a game that will also come out on PS1. Sure, they'll bump up the graphics for XBox, but my expectations are pretty low."

As stated above it will not appear on PS1. The renderer was originally designed for Xbox, so it's clear that it will make full use of the Xbox's greater capabilities. It's not like the Xbox version will be a port of the PS2 or GC versions, it's the other way around. The PS2 and GC versions just won't look as good as the Xbox version.

Thread Information