Thread: Totalled -- Impressions

Default Totalled -- Impressions

I received "Totaled" this week as a gift. I love the concept of a really well-executed demolition derby game. I'm not sure if "Totaled" falls into that category.

The graphics are adequate, but not exceptional. I haven't experienced any frame rate problems. The sound is a bit repetitive, but forgivable.

This game has two serious flaws:

1) LONG load times. I think we have the GC to thank for this oversight. Totaled is obviously not designed to take advantage of caching on the XBOX HD.

2) Emphasis on luck over strategy. I've won first place in several arenas now. Did I do anything different than when I was coming in 8th place? If so, I don't know what it is.

I've only played this in single-player mode so I cannot determine if this would be better with multiple players. However, I speculate that it would be a bit like playing the card game called "War". For those unfamiliar with the game, you shuffle the cards and deal out the entire deck to each player. You then systematically throw a card from your deck into the middle and whoever has the highest value wins all the cards. The problem is that you have no idea what card you are throwing out because they are all face-down. It's purely luck-of-the-draw in every sense of the word. Where is the fun in that?

I'm going to keep playing "Totaled" to see if it gets better. Maybe I'll consult a strategy guide or ::gasp:: the manual to see if there is something I am missing.

I really want to like this game and I'm not willing to give up on it...yet.

The loading times on that game were just horrible I really enjoyed multiplayer with 4 players, it is actually quite fun. Single player is fun for a while, the gets quite boring after a while. I thought the graphics were good, not great. The sound is pretty good, nothing amazing in it though. Anyway, I think that you will have more fun in multiplayer than single player.

I would give the game a 7/10

Thread Information