Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2k3 -- What the manual didn't tell you... Post here!

Default NFL 2k3 -- What the manual didn't tell you... Post here!

Wow, NFL 2k3 is one tough game... and a crappy manual isn't helping the situation! Please use this as the official thread to post everything that you have learned about NFL 2k3 that the manual fails to tell you (or isn't clear on).

Specifically, I would love to see...
    -- a veteran 2kX player fill us in on exactly Maximum Passing works.
    -- a "how to effectively run guide" (which moves are best to use?)
    -- some tips on how to actually make it through the line for pass rushing on defense.
    -- advice on whether it is better to power up the arrow for special moves or tap A for turbo.
    -- explanation on how to you send people in motion.

Let's hear some explanation and tips!!

Thanks in advance,
    Dutch

Here is another one. Why do so many passing plays end up in incomplete passes when there is no defender around. The receiver just seems to drop the ball.

You can't just send someone in motion... like in real football a play is designed to have a motion guy.... So only plays that indicate a motion player can a player go in motion. And he is sent into motion automatically.

I'm not a veteran 2kX player.. I only had 2k2 (that was my first one)

Maximum Passing is basically.. you push left and it throws to the left of the player.. you push up and it leads your reciever, etc..etc.. Hopefully someone can explain it alittle better.

I'm also not very good at getting through the O-Line hehe
    But if you hold down the L Trigger then press X or Y or A or B you will perform an advanced line move (not sure which each do) but they will probably help you get throught he line.

That's about all the help I think I can offer.. good luck and have fun (bah I'm away from my xbox this weekend and I'm dying to play!!!!!!!)

oh yeah!

If you haven't found it yet.. look in the very back of the book..

it explains Hot Routes, Advanced Line moves, audables on the fly, and something else I think.. like I said away from the xbox this weekend so I can't just look at it

It took me a while to find the info, I even posted here asking for help before I found it.

Again good luck, and have fun

I will look it up. i still have some old sega NFL2k series manual. I played NFL2k1 and NFL2k2. I'm hooked on Sega NFL2K series football. Wife get mad at me sometime.
    Last edited by KingAvi2k3; 08-18-2002 at 03:24 AM.

I have a very simple question....HOW DO YOU CALL A FAIR CATCH????????

Default NFL2K3 Newbie Tips

I too am just learning NFL2K3 (convert from Madden2002)...here are some things I've stumbled upon.

1. Maximum Passing works by altering the route slightly the direction your receiver is running and also the direction your pass goes. It works best if you move your QB into the pocket and set him up there ...Plant his feet!....spot your receiver quickly and press the receiver's button and while holding the receiver button down, move the L control stick in the direction you want to adjust the route and pass. I've found that a good Maximum Pass is a long post/corner route where you can lead your receiver by moving the L control stick at either 10 or 2 o'clock depending on the direction you want to lead him. Another good route I've found is to find a receiver who is cutting directly across the field and push down on the L control stick to move him inside his defender...just like the real NFL!

2. I also cannot find a fair catch call, but so far no fair catch doesn't seem to hurt me any or cause a fumble.

3. In NFL2K3, it seems the best defender to take control of is a defensive lineman. In Madden, I usually controlled a linebacker who covered the TE or RB, but NFL2K3 is so much quicker I got burned badly doing this. The CPU seems to do a better job of defending skill positions while you try to break through the O-Line while controlling your DL. ...BTW, Adjusting your DL left or right by using the R control stick before the snap does wonders!

these are just observations from a newbie. If NFL2K3 veterans have any tips, especially Defensive tips I'm all ears!

fair catch has not hurt me either, but, there are times, when you do not want your player to bring the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs, and I cannot figure out how to get him to down the ball in that situation either.

1) how do you call a fair catch?

2) how do you down the ball in the endzone on a kickoff?

driving me nuts.

One thing I did is adjust the run and block sliders. Makes running a bit more reasonable. Much improved. I like!

How are you supposed to know when to throw the ball to receivers that can't be seen on the screen?! This is driving me nuts!

Originally posted by robnyack
    fair catch has not hurt me either, but, there are times, when you do not want your player to bring the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs, and I cannot figure out how to get him to down the ball in that situation either.

1) how do you call a fair catch?

2) how do you down the ball in the endzone on a kickoff?

driving me nuts.

One thing I did is adjust the run and block sliders. Makes running a bit more reasonable. Much improved. I like!
    I believe that the Y button controls faircatch but I know it works to down that ball. By the way, can u lateral? that would suck if u couldnt

Default Seeing All Your Receivers

Look under Camera Settings and you'll see an option that zooms the camera out on your pass plays. Sure it makes all your players really small to see the whole field but you get used to it quick and it helps a lot!

Pity us that don't have wide-screen TV's!

Gamerscore Whore

I got widescreen and for the most part you can see the whole field. Depends on where you are at though too.

yea, i figured out the fair catch (Y button). But, I'll be damned if I can figure out how to down the ball in the end zone. I'd be a little miffed if they forgot to put in one of the most basic elements of the game.

Gamerscore Whore

Its gotta be there somewhere, cause the CPU downs the ball.

A. Stay in the endzone without moving and ur man will go down on a knee and down the ball
    B. Press y after u catch it in the endzone

"Y" calls fair catch (you have to be the retuner I believe)

And "Y" will take a knee in the endzone, just be sure to be standing still

This stuff is very simple, guys.

A) Maximum passing: When throwing, push left to thow the ball to the left of the receiver. Push right to throw right of the receiver. Push up to lead the recevier. Push down to bring the receiver back. Tap the button for a lob pass. Hold the button down for a hard pass.

B) Y button for fair catch.

C) Y button or just don't leave the endzone to take a knee.

Now I don't have 2k3 yet (I have every one before it)...is this stuff really not in the manual? I find that hard to believe.

I didn't see anything on Max Passing..

Originally posted by Bakeman
    I didn't see anything on Max Passing..

same here. it wasn't even in the strategy guide!

That is so very odd! I don't understand that! Why would they not put any of that in the manual??

Thread Information