Thread: idea for a fmx game

Default idea for a fmx game

OMFG i just say mike metzger pull back to back backflips on a 250lb cr 250, this gave me a great idea, i know espn has made crappy games, but what if they made a fmx (freestyle motocross) game it wouldnt b like freekstyle cuz thats totally fake. i mean with realistic physics and riders,sponsors,and the whole ball of wax. what do u guys think?

Yeah, Xbox needs a good FMX game. MCM 3 is just what we need! not only would it be FMX, but have national races and supercross.

There is one coming out... It's called MX Superfly... It will be Live enabled... It is the next installment on Ricky Carmicheal supercross... I believe it has alot of freestyle in it as well as Supercross and Motocross... Last year Carmicheal kicked A$$, and will online support this title is a much buy for the motocross fan... Also have you seen the commercial, really funny

i hated that rickey charmicle game, theres no way ur gonna do a 360 backflip on a dirtbike, or atleast not on a 250. i want a game where one person doesnt headline the game.

I haven't played Superfly but last years Carmicheal was a very fun, very accurate Motocross game... Me and my bro have some serious supercross battles... I hope Superfly isn't all freestyle...

What I want is the same controls... The controls were tight on last years game... With more tracks and online play... It would be awesome to be on the line with 20-40 other riders waiting for the gate to drop and the madness to begin...

I thought that MS would have said something about getting Motocross madness out on the XBox... Hopefully

Carmicheal's games actually suck pretty bad when you think about it. We are going on 2003 and a developer has YET to even match the gameplay of motocross madness series. That is pathetic in my eyes.

These games like Carmicheal have so many freakin mistakes and bad physics, its not even funny. I just love it when some of these recent mx games have real race footage and when you play the game, the rider body movments and bike physics are not even close. Makes you wonder what type of racing they were looking at.

example: MX Superfly, I've played it on PS2 and the turning looks absolutely terriable. The guy leans the bike over more to turn sharper, while he is still standing straight up. If anyone has ever riding a freakin motorcycle or even a bike knows that its retarded and just plain wrong.

Is this so hard to program?

1. Approching the turn standing up, leaning back a tad, hard on the brakes.
    2. As soon as you let off the brakes, the rider smoothly sits down, looks where he needs to go with elbows up, leg out and on the gas.

It just seems like developers make mx games for 10yr olds. And they can do crappy work because a 10yr will never really know and it will sell because it has a pro on the cover.

I don't understand how a football game can be made to look like you are watching TV, but ever mx game excluded MCM looks 1 step above excitebike...
    Last edited by Marc_01; 09-14-2002 at 09:55 AM.

Thread Information