Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Halo sucks

Default Why Halo sucks

small levels,linear levels,linear storyline,sorry A.I.,too few weapons,small multiplayer levels,framerate problems,all you get is a longer ending when beating the game on legendary,too few
    vehicles,non-interactive,boring multiplayer(because of the shortage of weapons and the puny levels),not much strafing abilities,not enough levels in the game,bad dialogue example-"this cave is not a natural formation,someone built it,so it must lead somewhere", and only two types of enimies.so,if you're wondering why i think halo sucks,now you know.
    "life is like a game of dungeons and draogns,it's all a matter of chance."

You are the annoying guy I've ever seen so far! I already know you hate Halo in "Off Topic Longe", "GC Debates Area", and "PS2 Debates Area"....I can't believe you have to post one more in this peaceful 3D shooter section....
    HALO: FPS Evolved

Hidden Content

Games I've Owned: Halo: Combat Evolved | MotoGP: The Ultimate Racing Technology
    "Can't Wait" List: SegaGT 2002 | Halo 2 | Blinx: The Time Sweeper | Project Ego | Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Official XBA "Swear Free" person.
    Official XBA "PS2 Guys" hunter.

Talking

just stating my opinion like everybody else here

I know! I am not mad at you.....I won't go around the forum shouting "I wana ban him" or "Make him go away"....Stuff like that..... Really childlish....

Hidden Content

"Can't Wait" List: SegaGT 2002 | Halo 2 | Blinx: The Time Sweeper | Project Ego | Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

thanks

Default Re: Why Halo sucks

Originally posted by xbox_elf
    [1]small levels, [2] linear levels, [3] linear storyline, [4] sorry A.I., [5] too few weapons, [6] small multiplayer levels, [7] framerate problems, [8] all you get is a longer ending when beating the game on legendary, [9] too few vehicles, [8] non-interactive, [10] boring multiplayer(because of the shortage of weapons and the puny levels), [11] not much strafing abilities, [12] not enough levels in the game, [13] bad dialogue example-"this cave is not a natural formation,someone built it,so it must lead somewhere", [14] and only two types of enimies.

so,if you're wondering why i think halo sucks,now you know.
    [My Rebuttal By Point]

[1]Are you mental? The shortest level takes me like twenty minutes to clear, and that's knowing everything to do.
    [2]Nothing wrong with that.
    [3]It has levels. That means the storyline essentially has to be linear. I can't think of one game that has levels that isn't linear.
    [4]Now you're just making $#!+ up. The AI's the best part of this game. The Covenant dodge bullets, run from grenades, and use group tactics. The Flood do just sort of charge at you blindly, but they're not really supposed to care if they die.
    [5]Relative. I think there are just enough weapons. I mean, I just love it when there are fifteen variations of each weapon in a game.
    [6]Once again, are you mental? The multiplayer levels are perfectly proportioned.
    [7]Never experienced it.
    [8]And there have been games that were easily as hard that just gave you a "Game Over" at the end of the game. What do you want?
    [9]In what? Multiplay or Campaign?
    [10]How can there be a shortage of weapons if the levels are puny?
    [11]You see, you push the left stick left and right to strafe. Once again, whaddaya want?
    [12]There are ten. That's standard for alot of games.
    [13]OK, that was a big, "well duh" moment. But every game with a story has some crappy dialogue moments that just make you want to cringe.
    [14]No: Grunt (three variations), Elites (four variations), Jackals, Hunters, Elite Flood (two variations), Marine Flood, Infestations Worms (I call 'em Poppers), Grunt Flood (I call 'em Bangers), and Sentinels. All told, that's nine types and fifteen different variations of enemies.
    Hidden Content
    Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Leave it to Americans to think that "no" means "yes," "****ed" means "angry," and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!"

i knew someone was going to come back with brainless replies.Linear levels don't bother you huh?well then you're not much of a hardcore gamer

Default Re: Re: Why Halo sucks

Originally posted by SlightlySycho
    [7]Never experienced it.
    So wrong....This time I have to agree with elf.....Halo's framerate drops like hell!!! Are you blind or something????

Hidden Content

xbox_elf your probly on of those ***** kids that play it on esy and not heroic
    Hidden Content

Props to lllSmokelll for the sweet sig

SoccerCJM77

Smile

Halo does not suck

SoccerCJM77

Originally posted by cityson
    You are the annoying guy I've ever seen so far! I already know you hate Halo in "Off Topic Longe", "GC Debates Area", and "PS2 Debates Area"....I can't believe you have to post one more in this peaceful 3D shooter section....

yea you tell him and don't go to my HALO 2 thread

i knew someone was going to come back with brainless replies.Linear levels don't bother you huh?well then you're not much of a hardcore gamer
    Let me reword this: essentially every game I know that uses a level format features linear. The only exception I can think of is Deus Ex. Yet you make it sound like most games have multiple paths you can follow.
    Moreover, the dynamic enemy AI of Halo's enemies essentially eliminates repetition. What the Covenant did the first time you played through a level will be different from what they do the next time you play through the level. Actually, I guess what I like is the straitforwardness of the levels, not their linear quality.
    And I wouldn't be questioning anybody elses gaming enthusiasm if you consider considers Halo's AI "sorry."
    Hidden Content
    Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Leave it to Americans to think that "no" means "yes," "****ed" means "angry," and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!"

dang ur getting annoying. leave already!! i dont know why ur here. all u post is this is stoopid, this is ***, i hate xbox. ur fighting a war u cant win. 1 person against 6.5 billion (united states).if i had a pennie for everytime u acted *** i would be a billionaire, no a trillionaire!and if halo sux why did it win game of the year? how come it constantly got high ratings? how come ur a ***? get a life man. dont sit here and post in xboxaddict. go somewhere else. your really ****in me off. go play some mario sunshine since u like gamecube so much. its queres like u who make the world suck. so just frikin leave already!

Name one FPS that doesn't! Heck, with only a few exceptions, most RPG's are linear! Every FPS I've ever played (and thats a lot) had linear levels and storylines. Name one FPS that has non linear levels and/or non linear gameplay (another of your complaints). By the way, the framereate is fine. It runs at a consistend 30 frames except during the rare loading sessions where the frame are minimally effected. Because loading doesn't occur in combat it really doesn't effect the gameplay any way.
    Hidden Content

(I hope to have X-Ray changed to Peepers)

The thing is, how many things does the game do RIGHT?

any little sht can nitpick some retarded answers up and call them "facts", with not a glimpse of objectivity.

Tip: People respect a balanced, objective opinion far more than a subjective, close-minded rant....Unless you're going for a flame war or you're trolling....

Guess it's #2.

-jarvis
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    Learn to swim...
    -Tool

Man, don't diss the Chief. Halo rocks. I don't wanna see your a** on here a year from now dissing Halo 2 or I will have to hunt you down and beat you with your own x box jerk.

Renegade of funk

I'm back...

Xbox_elf has appearently set out on a mission to tell the world about how much he hates halo. You had a thread closed because one of your very first threads you ever made, the day you registered as a member, nearly incited a riot. You hate Halo. You hate the game of the year. Big deal.. Everyone one here knows you hate Halo. Now move on. That's all you have to do. Move on to another topic. Yes you do patrol the gamecube forum and post how wonderful the GC is, but personally I'm pretty sick of the garbage you constantly type. Really now, you registered to be a member here because all you want to do is preach about how much you hate Halo? You made your point on your very first day.

Back from vacation,
    Back into the fray.

I find that in time people contradict them selves, just let it be, it will surface with Halo 2 and the likes.

Erm, do we even know he's got the game? He either doesn't understand the game very well or he has only played it a few times and gotten the rest from the net. I mean he didn't even criticize the repetitive pattern of Halo missions with a old standard plot, and what about sub-standard main characters? Ofcourse I can also argue against those points but it's suprising that his entire basis of hating the game can be so easily countered and argued. Hmmm... I suspect he doesn't even own Halo...
    Proud owner of Halo: Combat Evolved

Originally posted by Tinny
    Erm, do we even know he's got the game? He either doesn't understand the game very well or he has only played it a few times and gotten the rest from the net. I mean he didn't even criticize the repetitive pattern of Halo missions with a old standard plot, and what about sub-standard main characters? Ofcourse I can also argue against those points but it's suprising that his entire basis of hating the game can be so easily countered and argued. Hmmm... I suspect he doesn't even own Halo...
    lol. read before u post. it was a joke. he osted this and right under it it says not! and this is best game,etc.

Thread Information