Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dead to Rights

Shocked Dead to Rights

I got this game yesterday and it kicks so much ass!
    I strongly recommend this game if you are good at video games and can appreciate a quality game that remains fun 24-7. I don’t know what reviewers were on when they said it was too hard and the controls are difficult. I’m only like an hour and a half into it but and yes it’s hard but it’s a welcome hard. Its night the slightest bit frustrating when you cant beat a part.

Example of what it’s like

I had to chase this dude but he went up and elevator. So I had to get past all these hit men in a lobby. As two dudes walked around the corner I jumped out and disarmed one. I grabbed his gun and kicked him in the face (think Jin Kazama from tekken)
    Then I took the second guy hostage and used him as a human shield. Then this matrix style music (think trinity + neo lobby) kicked in and just started blasting everyone. Then when I was done with my human shield I threw him to the ground and put a shotgun blast to the back of his neck (press b) All the shells and damage remain so the place looks like a mess.

This game kicks so much ass.................
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 08-22-2002 at 07:56 AM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Member on the run

so it's really not just a max payne clone then? I might have to get it from that description that you just gave.

Originally posted by rudedogX
    so it's really not just a max payne clone then? I might have to get it from that description that you just gave.
    This poops on Max payne........
    True the story his simular, cop framed must kill everyone.
    And theres is bullet time. But the cool/wierd thing about the bullet time in DTR is your bullets still go the same speed and you can bust off so many round before you hit the ground.

In max payne you had 1 option, use your guns. In DTR you look at every shoot out as a oppurtunity to sharpen your skills. Dive out drop a few people, lean up on a wall, run out grab a human shield. Holster your gun and do a disarm move on someone. You can mix up how you wanna do things.

Its great...........

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Is the control scheme annoying in any way? What are the controls?

thnx bro
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

This is what I have been telling you guys for months now. I see JjAX now knows what I mean .

Enjoy Man
    -Borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

I agree with you JJAX, this game is hella-tight! You can't just go into this game with your gun's blazin, you actually have to employ some strategy and yes you WILL do certain sections of the game over and over and over...... As far as the controls they are somewhat easy IMO. Left thumbstick moves character, left trigger crouches, right trigger locks on to target, 'a' shoots, 'y' dives, 'b' disarms and uses opponent as human shield and also turns back to wall, I forget if 'x' does anything, bottom thumbpad switches weapons. I still can't get used to the right thumbstick (this changes the camera angle, but when you press left it looks right, and also you can't look up and down). Some of the camera angles are a bit awkward at times too, but these things are VERY minor if you weigh them against all the positive things this game has for it (JJAX's example for one). Can't wait to unlock more disarms!
    Last edited by studepaber; 08-22-2002 at 08:58 AM.

Originally posted by Dre
    Is the control scheme annoying in any way? What are the controls?

thnx bro
    - Left analog moves foward, back, turn left, turn right

- Digital pad Down put weapon away

- Digital pad left/right change guns

- Right trigger targets

- While targeting you can use the right analog to change targets, or just release R trigger aim in direction of new target and press R trigger (it works out nice)

- A shoots, punches

- X kicks

- Left trigger ducks

- Y dives, Hold Y to go into bullet time. Left Y, right Y, back and Y dives in direction

- B is your action button. Disarms people if you gun is put away. Uses them as human shield if you have gun drawn. Also handy to control slow motion in certain events(you'll see ) Also puts you into wall mode, Where you lean out and stuff. Its awesome!

Black - goes into "sniper mode" so you can target objects

Once you get used to how it plays, you feel like a got damn action hero.

And the game also has a lot of mini games too. Like picking locks, Lifting weights etc...........

Trust me, the game kicks ass.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX

- Left analog moves foward, back, turn left, turn right

- Digital pad Down put weapon away

- Digital pad left/right change guns

- Right trigger targets

- While targeting you can use the right analog to change targets, or just release R trigger aim in direction of new target and press R trigger (it works out nice)

- A shoots, punches

- X kicks

- Left trigger ducks

- Y dives, Hold Y to go into bullet time. Left Y, right Y, back and Y dives in direction

- B is your action button. Disarms people if you gun is put away. Uses them as human shield if you have gun drawn. Also handy to control slow motion in certain events(you'll see ) Also puts you into wall mode, Where you lean out and stuff. Its awesome!

Black - goes into "sniper mode" so you can target objects

Once you get used to how it plays, you feel like a got damn action hero.

And the game also has a lot of mini games too. Like picking locks, Lifting weights etc...........

Trust me, the game kicks ass.
    Thanks dude! I'm finishing work next week and I have 1 week off before school.. I know which game to get now! Now you got me all primed...

Small question, is this an xbox only game? is it coming to pc as well?
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by studepaber
    I agree with you JJAX, this game is hella-tight! You can't just go into this game with your gun's blazin, you actually have to employ some strategy and yes you WILL do certain sections of the game over and over and over......
    Hell yeah, i love getting to a tough part. Cause once you pass it your hearts like racing and you feel pumped! (Stereo + subs add to the drama )

Its like ok, Grab this guy, use him to get here. Throw this, dive in, duck here! I love the freakin shotguns in this game, they let out a nice THUD!. How good does it feel to be in wall mode and pop out with the shotty on some chump!

Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 08-22-2002 at 09:03 AM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Dre

Small question, is this an xbox only game? is it coming to pc as well?
    To be honest i dont know. But i do know this, I dont know how you could play it without an xbox controller!

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

This is a direct quote from IGN

. And it's probably the most enjoyable gameplay experience so far this year for Xbox
    http://xbox.ign.com/articles/367/367970p1.html

Originally posted by Chronik
    This is a direct quote from IGN

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/367/367970p1.html
    Id have to agree %110!

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

this game is xbox exclusive for 6 months, and then will be taken to the ps2 as well.

*Remember this is NAMCO's biggest prokect to date. With over 50 programmers and 3 years in the making, this their "breakout" game that they have been working on.

-Borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

Are the graphics impressive or normal for the xbox?
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Originally posted by Dre
    Are the graphics impressive or normal for the xbox?
    From what I have seen the cut scenes are good, but the in game suck imo.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Originally posted by faceoff508

From what I have seen the cut scenes are good, but the in game suck imo.

I think the graphics are slick as hell. The game runs so smooth.

The graphics are tight, when you slow things down and actually look at it, its real nice.

Oh did i mention theres absolutely no load times?
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 08-22-2002 at 09:24 AM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

From what I've played the graphics are impressive but nothing to really brag about. It has decent particle effects, explosions, and displays environmental damage well. What I've been really surpirsed about is that there was no noticable slowdown! (even with multiple enemies on screen at once ...10-20). Where this game really shines is in its gameplay (very smooth), and the music and sound effects are intense (the shotgun blast is very well depicted).

I have to agree with everyone, i played about 3 hours last night after i picked it up, and i'm enjoying the hell out of it.

The graphics are above average, but thats ok, because you can tell they spent alot of time making the game awsome. Smoooth, fast and furious.

Controls are easy enough to learn, Shadow is a cool addition, and my favorite...The slow-mo dive, while targeting enemies, and picking them off one by one.

This game makes Max Payne look like a walk in the park.

Gonna play for a while before posting a review.

By the by...whats your favorite move so far??

Originally posted by highlite23

I have yet to unlock anymore disarms moves, But i love when im done with a human shield and i have a pistol in my hand.

You know what im talking about

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Originally posted by highlite23
    I have to agree with everyone, i played about 3 hours last night after i picked it up, and i'm enjoying the hell out of it.

The graphics are above average, but thats ok, because you can tell they spent alot of time making the game awsome. Smoooth, fast and furious.

Controls are easy enough to learn, Shadow is a cool addition, and my favorite...The slow-mo dive, while targeting enemies, and picking them off one by one.

This game makes Max Payne look like a walk in the park.

Gonna play for a while before posting a review.

You must be filthy rich. How can you afford all those great games?
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Thread Information